Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotted

Spotted these 2 parked next to each other....I'm my driveway! My newest addition: E28 M5! It's got Dinan tune, Dinan springs, Blisten's struts, short shifter, 17" BBS, & stainless cat back. Should be good for close to 300hp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	13685   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	236 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	13684   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	211 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	13683   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	226 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	13682  
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

sweet combo and very good looking E28, i am sure it's a pleasure to drive an old school super sedan which, if i am right, actually happens to be the first one which started the history of super sedans! Congrats on the purchase!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Oh thanks for the reminder, I had rolled along a White with black side blades R8 (4.2) down I-5 for awhile, few weeks ago, after talking with the owner who was on a long road trip from BC/CA to S.Cal. Older fellah of course, at least 65-70. Didn't seem the Enthusiast type, but he eyeballed the RS6 brakes, but didn't seem to register.... Tried to get him to play.......I figure the cars would be fairly closely matched on the freeway, given the 100hp and weight difference?

Will try to post a pic later today-- got some good ones of the R8. I will also make an album on our company FB page, too (Cascade Autowerkes, Eugene OR) this weekend (not on my comp. right now and have plans with the Guys this eve.).

Actually I have some other way cool cars I can post too- Ferrari F360 and a 996 GT3 (the GT3 I've technically "driven"), maybe a few others.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    sweet combo and very good looking E28, i am sure it's a pleasure to drive an old school super sedan which, if i am right, actually happens to be the first one which started the history of super sedans! Congrats on the purchase!
    Yes the E28 is the original super sedan. It's quite a thing of beauty! Couldn't be more different though. It's not really a luxury car despite the initial appearances. It's very raw. I wold say dynamically its more similar to a Miata or BRZ; not especially fast, but it handles the speed it builds up quite well. Where the RS6 can be a bit of a pig this thing is a absolute joy. It's a low speed hoon! I can toss it around a corner and keep my foot planted till it brings itself back in line. Then I can rev it out all the way through 1st & 2nd and still be legal (most of the time). The RS6 has too much power for that kind of daily hooning. However the RS6 is still my baby, and will continue to be till I get my hands on a newer RS6!
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    Yes the E28 is the original super sedan. It's quite a thing of beauty! Couldn't be more different though. It's not really a luxury car despite the initial appearances. It's very raw. I wold say dynamically its more similar to a Miata or BRZ; not especially fast, but it handles the speed it builds up quite well. Where the RS6 can be a bit of a pig this thing is a absolute joy. It's a low speed hoon! I can toss it around a corner and keep my foot planted till it brings itself back in line. Then I can rev it out all the way through 1st & 2nd and still be legal (most of the time). The RS6 has too much power for that kind of daily hooning. However the RS6 is still my baby, and will continue to be till I get my hands on a newer RS6!
    Convert it to a manual..you will fall in love all over again...
    2013 Audi S8

Ok, I totally forgot about this thread but this happened March 9th 2013 Saturday Morning:
    So it is pretty rare to see a C5 A6 4.2, but the 2.7 and allroads are everywhere here in Seattle/Bellevue, Kirkland, etc.

So I see one and am fumbling for my iPhone to take a snap but then I see that the rims are just scrapped up and there are some issues and I put my phone away. Not 2 seconds later on the other side of the road, up drives a McLaren MP-12 in burnt orange.... I completely forgot where I was, what I was driving, where I was going...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I just got back from a trip to Italy, and I must say that I was totally disappointed with the automotive scenery. My first day there, I passed a Ferrari 348 coming off of the A4 near Verona and thought I was off to a good start. Fast forward to Friday night in Milan, and the only car of note in the city was a C6 Corvette Z06. Suddenly my BMW 320d rental didn't seem so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    I just got back from a trip to Italy, and I must say that I was totally disappointed with the automotive scenery. My first day there, I passed a Ferrari 348 coming off of the A4 near Verona and thought I was off to a good start. Fast forward to Friday night in Milan, and the only car of note in the city was a C6 Corvette Z06. Suddenly my BMW 320d rental didn't seem so boring.
    Why are you surprised that a country with high fuel and income taxation would have few exotic cars? Plus not too long ago, Italy was filled with various terrorist groups that targeted the wealthy - recall the Red Brigade? This forced the affluent to more mainstream cars. Many companies provide drivers with armored plain vanilla Fiats for key executives.

Today was a big day! Got to have some fun(which never happens)! Most of the time I'm the cat but I got reminded that I can also be the mouse!
    First up was a 2010 Callaway Vette with 616hp. I had seen the guy at a car show and talked to him a bit a few months ago but I think I be must have underestimated me because even though he stepped on it I got about a car length lead before he put me down. Then about an hour later I got to a stoplight next to an 02 M5 with Dinan intake and tune and tubi exhaust(knew him from a fun run). Not wanting to launch hard too many times with Carrabelle in 2 days(and feeling quite confident) I just eased it off the line in sport and let him have half a car length then dropped the hammer and had him by 60 and he finally gave up at 70(dont worry it was a posted 55 where traffic flows at 65-70)

I would LOVE to own a set of the original M cars. Maybe $70-80 grand for the '88 M3, M5, and M6...and a few hundred grand for an M1.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Bentley Flying Spur I believe, got them to play also. Newer model, 4-door, sloped front and back. I was in front for a bit, city driving, went to two lanes, I slowed a bit they gave it a good dig around the side. Half car length for them, I kicked it in and they were gone by 65mph in 3rd. Nice to see a luxury ride go for it, great looking car, glad I just tuned the beast a bit...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Mclaren

Driving in Jacksonville Beach this evening. Mp12-4c. Too bad it was trailered:-(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	166 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	13724  
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

On the Autobahn A6 yesterday on my way back from the Porsche museum in Stuttgart doing about 120mph in a Merc E class Diesel and I get passed by a Lambo Aventador like I was standing still, must have been doing 180mph+.
    P.S. It was a White Lambo, and we know that White is the fastest color right
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Just spotted an Avus silver RS6 parked on First Ave. near Cherry St. in Seattle. It had dark-finish non-OEM wheels and a personalized license plate. I loitered for a few minutes to see if the owner would come by, but had to get back to work. If this is a forum member, howdy!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

I Spotted another one of those Tesla Model S cars today. However this one was not on the road. It was in a laboratory, the front and rear end were cut off, the doors were gone and in fact there was no interior except the drivers seat and a restraint system. There was a crash dummy in the drivers seat. The restraint system was being tested by statically firing the belt pretensioners and measuring the belt intake and the resulting loads impated to the dummy. I'll be at the lab again tomorrow but I'm pretty sure they won't let me take a picture.
    2015 Q7 TDI 2013 TTS 2003 RS6 2000 A6 4.2 Widebody
    1984 Thunderbird (351 Supercharged) 1975 Nissan Fairlady Z

There's a Tesla I used to see every day, twice a day, and never thought to report it. That car realy whizzed by (sounds like a turbine at medium revs)!
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Double Spotting, iincluding self spotting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi R8 spotted.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	13748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pair of RS6's.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	13749

The R8 i chased down on the freeway recently. Nope, we'll never know, because, nope, he wouldn't play- darn.

Now the 2 guys who own those bad boy RennSportSix machines, now they were trouble! 1,000+HP just waiting to play
    Cheers, G2/Gary

X-Post Spotted !

BRAV
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared