Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotted

Quote Originally Posted by PixieVC View Post
    When was the last time (first time?) anyone saw one of these things? I've seen plenty of photos before, and lots of For Sale ads in non-running condition... this is the first time I've ever seen one of these on the road... a 1980ish? Wikipedia says these things were manufactured until 1990... Way to sully your brand image, Maserati!

These were bas a$$ back in the day! Along with the Lagonda Bulldog!

Spotted this weekend:

White LFA = tasty but no thanks.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121210_0950242037030891.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	13268

Tesla Model S, thought it was a Jag at first...want one as my dd, fast as rs6!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Maserati Biturbos, without oil coolers to save money. Fire extinguisher mandatory to keep on board! And what's with the Toyota styling cues from the 80s?? Never understood that part of Maserati styling back then.

Here in Nashville, I don't see too many exotics on the road. But on Cars & Coffee Saturday mornings, I've seen quite a few interesting things. There are two other RS6s in town and we once had all three in one spot one Saturday. There's a Veyron that makes a showing fairly regularly. Ferrari this and that. The last one I went to was for Italian makes only; I rode my $4000 clunker of a Ducati and was admitted to the parking area, while a stunning GT3RS had to park outside :P Gallardos and Murcielagos get pretty old. There were a lot of very interesting old Alfas, and the one stunner wasn't the Murcielago Roadster, but the Gallardo Superleggera. Carbon fiber wing and other bits and pieces...definitely a very special car!

I've seen so many recently made exotics in nouveau-riche Korea that it takes something truly special (and usually old) to catch my eye. Someone in Korea managed to snag a Ferrari 288 GTO - THAT was impressive. I remember seeing a Lancia Delta Integrale in Hokkaido Japan. Have yet to see the holy grail (Audi Sport Quattro) in person, but when I do, I'll most likely faint. Never saw an ur-quattro like my first (hand-me-down) car, but as rare as those are, they were still just Audi Coupes with the 150bhp 2.2l turbo engine installed and the fenders flared a bit.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Saw an LFA in the rain!

And a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T = PERFECT!!!!
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

McLaren MP4-12C spotted while driving my 85 year old mother-in-law's brown 2001 Buick LeSabre while my car is in the shop for TC, EGTs, & O2. It was an amazing contrast!! I have gotten used to the best feature of this car over the past 2 weeks- the nicely padded elbow rest on the console that I can rest my elbow on to hold my head up when I fall asleep. It will be fun when (if) I get it back!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7617 (2).jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	13494
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

Spotted Daytona grey RS on hwy 217 South in Tigard. I was the weirdo that waved at you in the TL. Curious if you're on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Saw an LFA in the rain!

And a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T = PERFECT!!!!
    here

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    Have yet to see the holy grail (Audi Sport Quattro) in person, but when I do, I'll most likely faint. Never saw an ur-quattro like my first (hand-me-down) car, but as rare as those are, they were still just Audi Coupes with the 150bhp 2.2l turbo engine installed and the fenders flared a bit.
    Oh - and all those gussied up Coupes also got that Quattro thingy.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    Oh - and all those gussied up Coupes also got that Quattro thingy.
    they sure did - I had quite a bit of fun locking the differentials and playing "rally driver" in snowy parking lots

funny how back then, 150hp was pretty powerful :P
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    they sure did - I had quite a bit of fun locking the differentials and playing "rally driver" in snowy parking lots

funny how back then, 150hp was pretty powerful :P
    My first Quattro was an 86 4000Q. The car was an absolute ROCK. I am pretty sure I pushed to close to 250K miles on it having bought it with 106K and DDing it for 12 years. Locking Center, locking rear. Fresh studded tires. BEST snow car ever - except for maybe a '92 V8 5 spd. But even still.......locked is locked.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

I am not sure if this qualifies as "spotted", but thought I'd share.

At about 13, just around the time I starting to read Car and Driver, Hot Rod, and anything else I could get my hand on, my family was visiting Uncle in the smallest town I'd ever seen. After dinner, my Mom asked my uncle if he'd show me "The Car". Not knowing or caring what it was, I followed him to a separate garage full of car stuff. I couldn't figure out what car it was until he turned on the light. Holy Shit!!! I refused to get within 10' of it. My uncle grabbed me an tossed me into the driver's seat. Things dreams are made. My uncle and my dad had a falling out a year later, and we never went back to visit. Fast forward 25+ years. My cousin and I connect on Facebook. After a few months of back and forth I was going to be travelling to his city, and he invited me over to meet his family. Great to visit and catch up. Of course we talked about cars, and I asked what his Dad ever did with the car. He said that it's here. No way!!! Getting back into it took be back. Beautiful, and always will be.

Attachment 13562

Cheers
    Topcat_92

Nice GT3 RS specimen. I love this color combo. Sorry for blurry pic. I'll get a better one soon. In the same hood as the kids school. And, is a women driver.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6162.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	13563  
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Quote Originally Posted by topcat_92 View Post
    I am not sure if this qualifies as "spotted", but thought I'd share.

At about 13, just around the time I starting to read Car and Driver, Hot Rod, and anything else I could get my hand on, my family was visiting Uncle in the smallest town I'd ever seen. After dinner, my Mom asked my uncle if he'd show me "The Car". Not knowing or caring what it was, I followed him to a separate garage full of car stuff. I couldn't figure out what car it was until he turned on the light. Holy Shit!!! I refused to get within 10' of it. My uncle grabbed me an tossed me into the driver's seat. Things dreams are made. My uncle and my dad had a falling out a year later, and we never went back to visit. Fast forward 25+ years. My cousin and I connect on Facebook. After a few months of back and forth I was going to be travelling to his city, and he invited me over to meet his family. Great to visit and catch up. Of course we talked about cars, and I asked what his Dad ever did with the car. He said that it's here. No way!!! Getting back into it took be back. Beautiful, and always will be.

Attachment 13562

Cheers
    Cant see it Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Cant see it Scott!
    Trying again. Gullwing.

Name:	IMG_2314 a.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	13566
    Topcat_92

Quote Originally Posted by topcat_92 View Post
    Trying again. Gullwing.

Name:	IMG_2314 a.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	13566
    Baddest car in the game!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

aw cmon, no fair..... soooooooo nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    I spotted this in my garage:

While on a recent road trip to Washington D.C. this Tesla Model S appeared in front of me at the intersection of L Street and 11th Ave. it was also the week of the Auto show. A friend and colleague of mine is the Head of Tesla's global CAE. (shameless self promotion)

Name:	tesla.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	13572
    2015 Q7 TDI 2013 TTS 2003 RS6 2000 A6 4.2 Widebody
    1984 Thunderbird (351 Supercharged) 1975 Nissan Fairlady Z

Just one more entry for this thread. I was at the Mustang Memories show held at the Ford World Headquarters this last summer. Here's a few images I took while there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF006375.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	13579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF006750.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	13580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF007230.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	13581
    2015 Q7 TDI 2013 TTS 2003 RS6 2000 A6 4.2 Widebody
    1984 Thunderbird (351 Supercharged) 1975 Nissan Fairlady Z