Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

THIS is why ALL U.S. residents on this board who want an RS AVANT should tell their AUDI dealer they are buying a MERC AMG E64 and TOO BAD AUDI, YOU JUST FIRED YOURSELF!!! BRING THE RS AVANTS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoAudi View Post
    Meh. The U.S. still need to sell whatever product is imported, and this is the key. Station wagons, no matter, how capable, do not sell in any appreciable volumes. Look, as an example, to the Cadillac CTS-V Sportswagon. The fan base wanted this car, and over its entire production life, I've managed to see two - one at the Chicago Auto Show and the other one being rolled by a Swiss driver at Road America during last year's One Lap of America event.

One factor that virtually everyone posting on this thread fails to acknowledge is that AoA, like all manufacturers/importers, spend time querying the dealer network on what products best meet the intended market. So, the dealers helped cement the deal of the RS-6 Avant as a non-starter for the U.S. market. After all, the dealers make the investment to place the product on their forecourts. If they feel it wont sell, they don't want it.

http://www.quattroworld.com/audi-rs4...aintball-duel/

so many RS4 Avants available that they can use them for paintball... but not import into the US.....

http://www.quattroworld.com/apr/apr-...de/#more-20858

its not a RS6, but will probably beat the real thing.... only thing is who will ECU a S6 and void the warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by plivac View Post
    its not a RS6, but will probably beat the real thing....
    Repost: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25...6)-Results-are

AoA sets 26th consecutive month of sale records.

http://fourtitude.com/news/Audi_News...h-in-february/

Regardless of all the whining posted here, AoA is just doing fine.

Correct. And some really important news in that release (aside from saying how many S models are sold) is that the Q5 for the first time ever outsold the A4. The Q5 sells 6 times as much as the allroad. Like I said Americans do buy wagons if they looks like SUVS.

I don't recall anyone suggesting that they weren't doing well in sales. They are after volume and it is going well right now. If you actually read the posts instead of just classifying it as "whining", you'd pick up on the theme that all we want is the ability to purchase the best cars Audi builds. They obviously aren't going under because they don't bring 500 RS6's to the US, but they will loose a core group of enthusiasts responsible for some of those sales those numbers as they defect over time. That's not going to show up in February 2013 sales numbers.

There's are interesting observations in that info, such as the huge spike in Q7's despite a massively outdated platform. Not to mention the wagons that supposedly no one wants in the US, actually outsold the A8, A3 and wasn't that far off the A7 - despite being incredibly overpriced. It's nice to see the A6 is doing very well.

Trolling is worse than whining, IMO.

No offense intended, but I'm not really sure I see the relevance of your post to this thread. The "whining" as you continue to refer to it is related to board members and other customers being given their choice of high end Audi product, as opposed to being told what will be made available to them based on their geographic location.

If I personally was interested in purchasing a Q5, A4, or any other base models in the Audi Line up, then I would not waste the time to express my dissatisfaction with the fact that Audi is not giving it's customers the choice they so rightly deserve for their loyalty to the brand, and in turn others would not be looking to BMW or Mercedes to fill the void Audi is creating for it's high end customers.

Audi never brought the C6 RS6 to North America, creating a void which was filled by BMW and Mercedes and others manufacturers for owners of existing C5's that wanted something newer. Unfortunately it appears the same short mindedness has been applied to the C7 RS6.

I am sure Audi will continue to do well, but they will unfortunately continue to lose some higher end buyers if their current approach is maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by TOAvusRS6 View Post
    No offense intended, but I'm not really sure I see the relevance of your post to this thread. The "whining" as you continue to refer to it is related to board members and other customers being given their choice of high end Audi product...

I am sure Audi will continue to do well, but they will unfortunately continue to lose some higher end buyers if their current approach is maintained.
    AoA currently has one of the strongest lineups to appeal to "higher net worth individuals" in its history so I'm not sure why you believe that even more variety is necessarily fiscally responsible for the company to undertake. The company needs to grow volume and build the NA dealer network so that also means a focus on higher volume cars-BMW and MB are still about three times larger than Audi in terms of NA sales volumes.

If one were to note statements made in the EU press, it is obvious that the A7 has roughly equivalent cargo volume when compared with the A6 Avant, so the RS7 is a bridge vehicle and if anyone wants a sedan, the S8 is always available. The S8 does cater to the "high net worth" individual and is an exclusive and rare vehicle too-appealing to that discriminating car enthusiast.

Returning to the question of MB and BMW dominating the super sedan market: Why is MB adding awd to the E63? Evidently, Audi has made MB/AMG worried about lost market share, especially for those in the snowier climates. Also, the E63 awd system is a compromised system compared with quattro.

AoA currently has one of the strongest lineups to appeal to "higher net worth individuals" in its history so I'm not sure why you believe that even more variety is necessarily fiscally responsible for the company to undertake. The company needs to grow volume and build the NA dealer network so that also means a focus on higher volume cars-BMW and MB are still about three times larger than Audi in terms of NA sales volumes.

If one were to note statements made in the EU press, it is obvious that the A7 has roughly equivalent cargo volume when compared with the A6 Avant, so the RS7 is a bridge vehicle and if anyone wants a sedan, the S8 is always available. The S8 does cater to the "high net worth" individual and is an exclusive and rare vehicle too-appealing to that discriminating car enthusiast.

Returning to the question of MB and BMW dominating the super sedan market: Why is MB adding awd to the E63? Evidently, Audi has made MB/AMG worried about lost market share, especially for those in the snowier climates. Also, the E63 awd system is a compromised system compared with quattro.
    Dude seriously you're just trolling at this point. Most of us don't really care about A/S8 and A/S7's or even the RS5 or any of the rest of the Audi lineup. Because while they are great cars, and often at the top of thier respective classes, they lack either the charisma or the practicality of the RS6. You can't honestly tell me that the RS6 isn't stunning. Even if you're not a 'wagon' fan it's still an amazing looking car. And if Audi's sales number mean anything it should mean that they are gaining enough market share to try selling 500-1000 units of a wilder car!!!

As for why MB is coming out with an E63 4matic wagon? It's probably because they know Audi won't bring the RS6 to the US and they can own the market. BMW is unlikely to give up their RWD purist market to gain more buyers, and they shouldn't, and AMG knows they can't match the sheer driving dynamics of the M5 so they have decided to take on Audi's roll as the most practical supercar. Granted I was just a youngster when the RS6 came out, but I doubt may of them sat in dealer showrooms for very long. They absolutely obliterated both M and AMG in performance by bringing a nuke to a knife fight, and caused the rapid escalation of the genre. the C6 did the same with the V10 capable of +700 with mild tuning, but they left the US market entirely to AMG and M, now the difference between the M and AMG cars is much less and with Audi again not entering the M5/E63 competition in the US, AMG is doing the logical thing by building the E63 4matic, regardless of how good the 4wd is because they will go uncontested.

The facts are that the RS7 is neither a sedan nor a wagon. It certainly has its own style, but not a unique one since both M and AMG are contesting it with the M6 GS and the CLS63. Amazingly Mercedes and BMW feel there is enough market from for them to each have a sedan and a 4 door coupe. And then Mercedes decided they could even find a market for a limited number of wagons. Yet these amazing sales numbers you're trolling us with and claiming Audi has "one of the strongest lineups to appeal to "higher net worth individuals"" don't tell the whole story. Both Mercedes and BMW offer a car that is comparable to every single Audi. Then they go a step further and offer other cars in that top end market. BMW offers a high performance 4 seat convertible (M6) along with the M5, and Mercedes offers a high performance 2 door coupe with the CL63. So really both Mercedes and BMW have stronger lineups for "higher net worth individuals".

anyways I've given my rant, and now I'm done being trolled. ChicagoAudi might I suggest you take your meaningless garbage to Quattroworld or really just anywhere else? You're comments would probably be much more appreciated on another forum focused on lesser cars. But this one is mostly RS6 focused, and its fairly clear we don't give a crap what you have to say.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

A difference of opinion is now trolling!?!

I can understand why AoA would make the decision it made w.r.t. the RS6 and the RS7. I rather have the RS7 sold here than no car at all.

A difference of opinion is now trolling!?!

I can understand why AoA would make the decision it made w.r.t. the RS6 and the RS7. I rather have the RS7 sold here than no car at all.
    I think to not bring either would have been suicide on their part, but the underlying question again is why not bring both, and give their customers the choice they deserve?

Are European customers any better than NA customers to deserve the entire line up of RS products, and given the current EU financial situation, is it really such a smart move to exempt a particular geographic area from having high end cars made available?

Why not bring all of them. With the superior fit and finish, there is guaranteed to be a market for them in NA. If Audi truly wants to compete with the likes of BMW and Mercedes in NA shouldn't it be at all levels of available platforms, instead of this piecemeal approach they take?

Again the A7 platform is not to my personal liking, but I was actually hoping I would like the RS7. The fact is however that if you take a regular A7 and change the front and rear bumpers, and add the side spoilers and grill, looks wise you have an RS7. The same cannot be said for the RS6.

Let's just face the facts, Audi, and the broader VW group are just clueless as to what their customers want. The same position some of us have taken with respect to the RS6 vs RS7 is echoed by VW owners who want the Scirocco and not the Golf, but are they given the choice?

Ask me if I want it, and if I do, ask me for a deposit.

To my mind, the RS6 (sedan or Avant) should be a halo car, a flagship, a very special, disctintive kind of car based on a normal sedan, with a bias towards sporting pretentions that should be reflected on styling tempered by taste (Just as it is on the C5 A6 & RS6), loaded with cutting edge technologies and luxury without excess, (In 2003, thatīs what Cosworth engines, Quattro, DRC, shift paddles and awesome power meant). It doesnīt even need to be produced in numbers that make sense, in fact, that might be counterproductive to its image. It should be built for a small core of fanatics willing to built and preserve the legend, (much like they have done with the Veyron, distance guarded,) A car that the people that matters know it exist, but not many have seen and even less driven one, but, somehow, they know its at the the top of the heap. A very well known and feared ghost.

The RS5 lists at the same HP but less Tq (and only 100# less weight) than our '03 RS6 and can't really be bumped up more than a few HP as it's not a Turbo. Audi really lost the real car enthusiasts with the RS5. I may do a TTRS but other than that Audi has lost me as a customer when I replace the RS6. I love my Cayenne TTS with over 500bhp and if anyone checks out Youtube for the Cayenne at Barber Motorsport track for their drivers experience class you would be amazed. Maybe a 911Turbo or Panamera next, or possibly back to Audi for the new S6 with a chip since they got a little smarter (not on purpose) and Turbo'd a V8 again.
    Last edited by Ruergard; March 4th, 2013 at 20:15.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Any pictures from Geneve?

+1

TTRS is too small for my taste but if I wanted a little rocketship that would be on the short list. RS5 and RS7 do nothing for me and give me no reason to turn in the keys to my RS6. I tried to keep my Avant needs at bay with the purchase of a low mileage C5 S6 Avant but I cant drive it. It is just too slow.

So given the current choices in the Avant or hot rod SUV market that leaves me with two choices. Cayenne TT or maybe the new SQ5.

Its getting harder and harder to find unmolested RS6s as they are getting long in the tooth with idiots owning them and running them in the ground. (pink RS6) So I feel the two RS6s are the last I will own. I know the history and I started from 100% stock vehicles/low mileage with never a driveline claim.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    The A5 lists at the same HP but less Tq (and only 100# less weight) than our '03 RS6 and can't really be bumped up more than a few HP as it's not a Turbo. Audi really lost the real car enthusiasts with the RS5. I may do a TTRS but other than that Audi has lost me as a customer when I replace the RS6. I love my Cayenne TTS with over 500bhp and if anyone checks out Youtube for the Cayenne at Barber Motorsport track for their drivers experience class you would be amazed. Maybe a 911Turbo or Panamera next, or possibly back to Audi for the new S6 with a chip since they got a little smarter (not on purpose) and Turbo'd a V8 again.

Typo above, obviously I meant the RS5 and not the anemic A5.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA