Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Looking at the data for the last few months Audi has sold about the same total amount of S6 and S7 models but considering that Audi sells about twice as many A6 as A7 in the US that shows that the S7 is a hotter model than the S6. This backups some of the reasoning behind the existence of the RS7 and not of the RS6 sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by TOAvusRS6 View Post
    Hi Qisha,

Please accept my humble opinion, but I honestly think Audi needs to pull the trigger on the RS6 sedan now to save the day. I think Audi will be rewarded if they do so.

If the mindset of RS6 avant for the rest of the globe, and RS7 for NA continues, I suspect given the feedback you are seeing here that sales of the RS7 will be less than stellar. That unfortunately will send the wrong message that NA is not the place for RS product, when the reality is that many of us want it, but are not given the choice we want, i.e. there is a market, and please provide both avant and sedan and sales will come.

I realize you are only one voice, but I think it has to be said that whoever is doing market analysis for NA seems very much detached from their customers.

Just a crazy thought, why not bring the RS6 Avant to a show, and then let it hang around at a few dealerships and ACNA events just to see what the reception is....
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    Looking at the data for the last few months Audi has sold about the same total amount of S6 and S7 models but considering that Audi sells about twice as many A6 as A7 in the US that shows that the S7 is a hotter model than the S6. This backups some of the reasoning behind the existence of the RS7 and not of the RS6 sedan.
    If the same amount of S6 and S7 vehicles are available for sale in limited quantities, how do the sales numbers equate to one being a hotter model that the other?

Also keep in mind the reason that there are probably more A6 sales than A7 is due in part to the fact that not everyone can afford to lose a back seat, or will like the looks of the A7 hatchback. The price point is also a factor at this level.

There doesn't really seem to be middle ground in terms of the looks of the A7. One either likes it or they don't. Either way, this does not change the fact that the RS6 is still by far a purist vehicle as compared to past RS models in terms of it's styling - as compared to the RS7.

It all boils down to a matter of personal choice, but if Audi thinks they will be able to generate sales numbers with the RS7 in NA, then good luck.

I have supported the brand for the last 20 years, but I am sure I am not alone in saying despite performance numbers, if you do not like the visual appeal of a car, it's hard to dish out $100K plus for it.

Haha, panamera owners must be blind then!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Haha, panamera owners must be blind then!
    Brand blindness....they all own 911's and think they are the greatest sports car of all time, but they need a DD with an extra set of doors.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Dear Qisha,

Please do NOT build a GT version of the RS6, it will be the worst investment Audi have EVER made. No one in the US wants GT version of an Audi, they are a total waste and are hideous. Please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BRING THE RS6 AVANT TO THE USA!!! Stay true to your ROOTS, LEAVE THE SEDAN ALONE, WHO CARES, BRING US A WAGON!!! Audi and great wagons go hand in hand, an RS wagon is at the very CORE of the Audi brand. If Audi AoA fail to understand this, you are going to loose my business, period. If Audi wants to continue to dominate the US market, you are going to have to cater to your CORE MARKET, the very people responsible for helping build the BRAND, here in the USofA. PLEASE BRING THE RS4 AVANT TO THE UNITED STATES AND PLEASE BRING THE RS6 AVANT TO THE UNITED STATES, THIS YEAR, PLEASE DO NOT WAIT ANY LONGER, PLEASE DO NOT DEVELOP ANY MORE HIDEOS GT'S OR SEDANS, WE ALREADY HAVE A MILLION OF THEM HERE, THERE ARE NO GOOD WAGONS, WE WANT WAGONS, PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TOAvusRS6 View Post
    ...but I think it has to be said that whoever is doing market analysis for NA seems very much detached from their customers.
    Remember, VAG is the same bunch of geniuses that actually thought the Phaeton was going to work in the US, 'nuff said.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Saying that just because it has a torque converter, the car is under served for the power requirements is not fair. Mercedes used an autotrans for their V12 tt 700lb/ft monsters without issue.
    I wouldn't buy another high power, torque converter aurotrans AUDI, an MB would be completely on the table for me, it's a confidence in the marque issue.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    Remember, VAG is the same bunch of geniuses that actually thought the Phaeton was going to work in the US, 'nuff said.
    ...this is history. You might not be able to undo mistakes but you can make sure they wont happen again. New path has been set last year... led to 1+30 gone.

I'll just echo the other comments that everyone else has made.

I saw the RS7 in Detroit and was very disappointed with the car. While it has a few of the RS characteristics, it does not have the traditional RS stance and appearance. I'm closely watching the RS4/RS6 situation and if neither reaches the US, I will probably move on the new AWD E63. It's disappointing as I've associated myself closely with the Audi brand and even helped sell about a half dozen Audi's as a result of my recommendations to others. From the outside, it appears like Audi leadership is solely focused on reaching volume goals and not delivering the ultimate enthusiast versions. The S6 is really nice, but its a bit too understated for me. I want the best Audi can build.

I've emailed and tweeted Audi's leadership, but have yet to ever receive an acknowledgement.

Ok,

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    ...this is history. You might not be able to undo mistakes but you can make sure they wont happen again. New path has been set last year... led to 1+30 gone.
    This is good to hear, but, regrettably, cannot change the current state of affairs. AoA seems(ed?) hellbent on making Audi just VW 2.0. Sure they're having record sales and pushing volume but they have progressively alienated the enthusiasts in the process and that would all be fine if they didn't publicly state, on multiple occasions, they want to make Audi a tier one performance brand stateside. So we get plenty of lip service and platitudes here but not all the good quattro GmbH swag which ultimately only embitters us enthusiasts. So, you will have to forgive me, "I've been to the circus," and I'm a little incredulous that this "new" regime is going change much.

I'm a little incredulous that this "new" regime is going change much.
    ...the biggest step has been made last year at AoA. The turnaround will come, this i can promise, but it will take some time...

This is good to hear, but, regrettably, cannot change the current state of affairs. AoA seems(ed?) hellbent on making Audi just VW 2.0. Sure they're having record sales and pushing volume but they have progressively alienated the enthusiasts in the process and that would all be fine if they didn't publicly state, on multiple occasions, they want to make Audi a tier one performance brand stateside. So we get plenty of lip service and platitudes here but not all the good quattro GmbH swag which ultimately only embitters us enthusiasts. So, you will have to forgive me, "I've been to the circus," and I'm a little incredulous that this "new" regime is going change much.
    Could not have said it better myself.

I honestly hope these changes Qisha eludes to result in positive actions for brand loyalists like ourselves in the future. For some it is already too late. Every high end customer that Audi loses should send a message. In the last two months I am aware of at least four previous RS6 owners who are now in M5s and E63s because they are fed up of Audi's promises, and lack of delivery for NA customers.

If Audi wants to be a world class car company, then act like one. They shouldn't assume that they know what their customers want. It's simple logic, ask customer groups what they want, or make everything available like Mercedes and BMW do for their customers. It's been said before, none of their customers have to wonder if the next great thing will come. It's only a matter of when. This sadly distinguishes both BMW and Mercedes above Audi when it comes to customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Some of us are already jumping ship to Mercedes and BMW. The irony and key message to AoA here should be that those making the change are not doing so because they like what the other brands have to offer as being better, but because what we want from their choice of brand is not made available.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    Just a crazy thought, why not bring the RS6 Avant to a show, and then let it hang around at a few dealerships and ACNA events just to see what the reception is....
    Qisha, this is an excellent idea. Similar to the recent RS4 avant showing in NA. I'd like to see the reception on the RS6 avant in the NA shows or at several major dealership circuits. I suspect it will get better reception than the RS7.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    ...the biggest step has been made last year at AoA. The turnaround will come, this i can promise, but it will take some time...
    Qisha, thanks for keep us in-tune with the internal chatter and activity.

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    Qisha, this is an excellent idea. Similar to the recent RS4 avant showing in NA. I'd like to see the reception on the RS6 avant in the NA shows or at several major dealership circuits. I suspect it will get better reception than the RS7.
    And they either sell the new RS4 Avant and the new RS6 Avant or leave it in the US and tour Canada and Mexico with it!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    And they either sell the new RS4 Avant and the new RS6 Avant or leave it in the US and tour Canada and Mexico with it!
    I think the rules of engagement here with non-federalized test vehicles is they are required to destroy the car after a certain period of time rather than ship it back to originating country. So so sad.