Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    If you americans want the new RS6 avants, can't you just import from Germany?
    Importing to the EU is WAY easier than importing to the US. We would have to crash test 3 of them, then make modifications, pay for EPA testing, etc.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Importing to the EU is WAY easier than importing to the US. We would have to crash test 3 of them, then make modifications, pay for EPA testing, etc.
    Or liberate a C6 in MX, load it full of "medical mj" and crash the border...... just spill the load 10' inside the border and head for a gas station in Case Grande...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    head for a gas station in Case Grande...
    ROFL hahaha.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    ROFL hahaha.
    He has an S6 wagon now, if ya know what I mean

i hope the RS6 comes to the international auto shows in ny, ch, la, sea, Denver, Texas
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Very well. If you can't get the car to come to you, you have to go to the car! Move to Europe! It's not so horrible as you might think, actually!
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

IF the decision of a limited Edition Audi RS 6 Avant for the US Market should be set, than it could very well end up with this Body color.

But like i wrote, the decision is not made by Audi Germany, AoA is in charge. So if you really want this to happen, go ahead and let AoA know.

Performance wise i give you two opportunities, on a par or ahead of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S.

Qisha
    Qisha, like all the others before, Big Thanks for sharing this information. I personally would prefer the limited run RS6 Avant if available in the US (AoA please take note!!).
    Like the C5 RS6 when released, though it was available ROW as both Sedan and Avant, the US chose to only send the sedan, I believe, partially because the S6 Avant was also available at the same time (2002-2003) and AoA probably didn't want to have both models competing against each other. With AoA releasing C7 S6 as a sedan only for the US, it makes sense that the choice for the C7 RS6 would be Avant, if there was a strong desire. At 500, I want to be one of the selected few as long as the weight is down and the colors are definitely exclusive!!

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

- due to missing marketing opportunities, the Audi RS 6 Avant will not be offered in the USA

- the Audi RS 7 WILL BE OFFERED in the USA

Qisha

PPS: please note the chances for a Audi RS 6 Avant limited Edition ( 500 ) for the US Market has never been better than today. BUT AoA needs to hear you!
    As a current owner of a 2012 S4 that is looking to upgrade to a larger car (preferably avant due to kids on the way) - there are several things that I do not understand about Audi's selection of vehicles for the US and the obvious shift towards coupe-like vehicles - both RS5 and RS7 are in one way or another coupes that can comfortably seat 2 and 4 respectively.

1. No Rs4, but RS5 - why focus on the coupe when you have a better vehicle in AWD category in the nissan GTR, albeit more expensive. Or the RWD M3 and C63. The very expensive ($70k+) 2-door coupe category is over supplied...

The RS4 avant is such a unique and interesting vehicle that would find interest with affluent drivers with families - an under-served segment.

2. No RS6, but RS7 - RS7, or any 7s, are based on the Panamera structure and as such can only fit 4 people "snugly" and not to mention that cargo space is small in my opinion - the note about cargo space being large is deceiving. To be honest I just don't like the 7 series design (especially the tail) .... so I might be biased here

3. No S6 avant for US... now this is a car I would buy immediately (again family) - if E63 AMG Wagon AWD rumors for Next summer are true that will be it...

4. A4 allroad only .... the smallest one... to the US market....

Interesting that UK a market of 60mm people vs US's 300mm gets every vehicle Audi makes... including all the Avants even though gas is 2x times more expensive and roads much shorter....

Going to test drive an S6 tomorrow AM, will see how it compares to A6 3.0T i tested before and to my S4 which is a true Road Warrior.

Also, I think the TTRS is an amazing car - if you want a coupe why in the hell own the RS5 when the TT is the real monster????
    Last edited by plivac; October 5th, 2012 at 22:09.

People have different needs, and will choose a car thereafter. If your fellow americans bought proper cars instead of your rusty old wagons with wooden panels as a part of the exterior, Audi would for sure invest more time and effort to sell more cars in the US of A.

Sadly, there just aren't enough americans on these forums to make an impact, as I find it hard to believe that other americans have been enlightened by true Audi lovers like yourselves. Patriotism is a good thing, but when it comes to cars, I mean that Audi is better than most american cars produced today.

However, if Audi decided to make pickups for rednecks and vans for kidnappers, I'm pretty sure the Audi sale would escalate and you would finally have your desired RS6 Avants in the end of 2013.

If just the american people in general would bloody try an Audi and find out for themselves that there's a enormous difference between a Audi and a Lada. Europeans can make proper cars!!!
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

^^^ Bwahahaha ^^^
    Too funny and sadly has a lot of truth to it.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Well didn't test drive S6, but did sit in it... and somehow just didn't like the "feel" to it. Too much space for driver, but at same time not that much space than S4.
    Will test drive in 2 weeks, but now thinking maybe the RS4 avant would be the "it".

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost- View Post
    Uhm, I'm not in the States, the car and I live in Guadalajara, Mexico
    Audi Mexico was selling 20 C6 RS6 sedan and 5 C6 RS6 Avant back in 2010.

About the 742HP MTM, I might consider it later after the 5 year factory warranty expires, so meanwhile I will get the 700hp version :P
    Hi Ghost,
    you might also consider the APR tune with MRC air filters for your C6 RS6. Your RS6 will run 11.7 sec with this 700bhp tune and be very driveable with good fuel economy. I believe that C6 RS6 at 750 bhp+ is a little too much for a daily driver. Not as sweet as 700bhp tune.
    I too also owned a C5 and C6 RS6, but had to chose one to keep. A very difficult choice, but ended up keeping the C6 RS6 as Audi with the C6 solved the heat soak problem with larger air intakes and fan on each intercooler and replaced C5 'chocolate transmission' with much stronger version. Audi kept the DRC, but third generation and only one fault ever reported since 2008 on the UK C6 RS6 forum posts.

john

New to the forum, but fwiw, yet another "would buy a US RS4 or RS6 at just about any price, as soon as it was available". I've driven the 2013 RS5, and love it, but its completely impractical for what i want to do with it. I don't want an RS7, and and I dont want to be forced into a Panamera GTS which feels like the closest comparable car on the market right now.

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    New to the forum, but fwiw, yet another "would buy a US RS4 or RS6 at just about any price, as soon as it was available". I've driven the 2013 RS5, and love it, but its completely impractical for what i want to do with it. I don't want an RS7, and and I dont want to be forced into a Panamera GTS which feels like the closest comparable car on the market right now.
    hear, hear.... don't like 7 series line (dog sitting back) and interior feel (too luxury vs. sport oriented/efficient) - re Panamera 2 negatives for me: has no cargo space and only 2 back seats with bucket type feel. One other thing I don't like is their dashboard with RPM in the center......

You would think that SOMEONE at Audi would be reading all these posts on all the forums where people are asking for the RS4 or RS6, but no. Maybe a petition would do it - with firm commitment to buy. It just would be nice if someone at Audi would respond.... "of you come, they will ship it". It also be a great marketing pitch - "WE LISTEN TO OUR CUSTOMERS".

What makes it strange, ok bizarre for me is that if someone like BMW can sell the 5 series GT and Benz the E63 Wagon in the US, why can't Audi offer the RS avants here. Yes it would cost something to register the cars, but the engines are the same (RS5=RS4, RS7=RS6) so what other obstacles can there be... almost as if they are too cheap for their own good.

hey guy - chillax

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	392_2006_1_22_cabrillo_woodie_49_cadillac_photos_021-reszie.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	13020
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    People have different needs, and will choose a car thereafter. If your fellow americans bought proper cars instead of your rusty old wagons with wooden panels as a part of the exterior, Audi would for sure invest more time and effort to sell more cars in the US of A.

However, if Audi decided to make pickups for rednecks and vans for kidnappers, I'm pretty sure the Audi sale would escalate and you would finally have your desired RS6 Avants in the end of 2013.

If just the american people in general would bloody try an Audi and find out for themselves that there's a enormous difference between a Audi and a Lada. Europeans can make proper cars!!!
    what's wrong with woody wagons?

ps- they don't sell ladas in the usa. chicks dig vans. pick ups are cool. woody wagons haven't existed since before i was born. and at least they don't eat spoiled fish from jars in the us. just sayin' and keepin' it civil.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/wheelde...-south-africa/

another bizzaro from Audi.... South Africa gets the RS4 Avant... no love for USA

How did they know that I would also be interested in Brazil holding a pageant for the best female bottom?

Bump!

but seriously I decided after a month of looking at cars that I am very uninspired by 90% of the cars on the market. The other 10% are either hopelessly impractical supercars or severely over priced SUV's! I'm mean I'm sure the cayenne turbo is a fantastic piece of machinery but ultimately it's still an SUV. As are the G-wagon, and X5/6M. That is why I have made up my mind that I will only consider an RS6 Avant as my next car. If AOA fails to provide one (or at least the promise) for me in the next year then I will sell my current one and then seek out and import a C5.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

New to the forum, interested in new RS7 Sportback.

Here is a RS7 mule @ Ring..

http://www.autogespot.nl/audi-rs7-mule-1/2012/10/17

How many hp do you think it will have? 600?