Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Another:

And another:

http://www.pistonheads.com/roadtests...p?c=47&i=28069
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AudiRS6UK_05.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	14015  

Erik I agree with all your comments. My simple add is that if Audi had just sent a new RS6 sedan/saloon all of of us original RS6 owners and those since would immediately take a very serious look. That's a pretty good number of people. I'm getting the 7 but it was not ideal. Prior to my S5 which was just a space filler till my ordered RS5 came in though I kept my cars for well over 5 years. Heck I'm at 13 with an MKI TT. I will keep the R8 a very long time. The 5 and 7 may not stay as long since they are not possibly as engaging as the others to me. So maybe that's the Audi plan to keep me jumping. I will buy the Quattro Coupe instantly Audi if you do indeed build it and please please send it to the US.

Anyway the newer RS cars are less of an experiment than the RS6 was. It was developed at the edge of possibilities for the technology at the time and really stuffed in the car without a clear plan of ease of maintenance. Clearly it was not well baked. But the newer RS cars are more fully developed and less likely to break any where near as many things. Heck even the outside temperature reading is accurate on my RS5. Little things. So the loss on parts after the fact on the C5 I think has been better engineered out of the equation now.

Iconcls I will say that my RS5 has given me faith that Audi is getting the plow out of the whale class better than before. I will be interested to see how the 7 feels. Too bad I got out of Chicago or we could have an ACCCCCC ABCC shoot out in the spring.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by Dr99 View Post
    I know this statement constantly gets thrown around, but I'll point out (again) that buying taste changes over time. The current US sales numbers for the Allroad, the only Avant Audi offers in the US right now, are on par with other models they offer. Based on Audi's published sales numbers for June (http://www.audiusanews.com/pressrele...cord-u.s-sales), it sold 1 less unit than the A8. It sold about 30 less than the A7. I will be the first to admit, the numbers are way off the A4 and A6 sedan numbers, but it is on par with the other niche vehicles.

I really don't think you can compare the situations. We're talking about a decade of difference in buying trends, manufacturing improvements, dealership network, safety regulations, etc, etc. That generation RS6 was stretched to the technological limits, and the maintenance was complicated and expensive. This one is more of an extension of what they already do very well in the A6 and S6.

I don't disagree with you here, but that fragmentation is a direct result of manufacturers offering too many variations of cars trying to be everything to everyone. Plus, Mercedes manages to bring AMG versions of the CLS and E, BMW brings the M5, M6 and M6 grand coupe. If that's the reason, I would suggest a more focused study to truly assess the demand rather than relying on dealership feedback. But AoA certainly can't be surprised when people jump ship to other brands for their performance models. Nor can they generalize that the US doesn't buy RS models with such a limited offering.
    To be fair the A7 and A8 are double and triple the price of the allroad. It's not hard to extrapolate RS6 Avant sales in the US, I do wish the RS6 sedan would happen but quattro doesn't do as many models as M and AMG do but it looks like that is changing so I wouldn't be surprised if there is an RS6 sedan after the A6 facelift.

First US based RS7 first drive

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
    Last edited by chewym; July 14th, 2013 at 03:04.

Looks like they forgot to paint it, trashy matte gray, Scion uses that color...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Erik I agree with all your comments. My simple add is that if Audi had just sent a new RS6 sedan/saloon all of of us original RS6 owners and those since would immediately take a very serious look. That's a pretty good number of people. I'm getting the 7 but it was not ideal. Prior to my S5 which was just a space filler till my ordered RS5 came in though I kept my cars for well over 5 years. Heck I'm at 13 with an MKI TT. I will keep the R8 a very long time. The 5 and 7 may not stay as long since they are not possibly as engaging as the others to me. So maybe that's the Audi plan to keep me jumping. I will buy the Quattro Coupe instantly Audi if you do indeed build it and please please send it to the US.

Anyway the newer RS cars are less of an experiment than the RS6 was. It was developed at the edge of possibilities for the technology at the time and really stuffed in the car without a clear plan of ease of maintenance. Clearly it was not well baked. But the newer RS cars are more fully developed and less likely to break any where near as many things. Heck even the outside temperature reading is accurate on my RS5. Little things. So the loss on parts after the fact on the C5 I think has been better engineered out of the equation now.

Iconcls I will say that my RS5 has given me faith that Audi is getting the plow out of the whale class better than before. I will be interested to see how the 7 feels. Too bad I got out of Chicago or we could have an ACCCCCC ABCC shoot out in the spring.
    Well you could count me as one current RS6 owner who wouldn't take a serious look at a new RS6 (until it was about 10 years old, that is) - including purchase price, I'm around 22k into this beast with another 3k or so soon to drop for a K40. That's more than I spent including purchase for my last show-car quality car, and I owned it for almost 6 years. I've been doing quick turnaround on vehicles pretty consistently at 1-2 years, but I'm planning on the RS6 sticking with me until it either:
    A) Catastrophically fails
    B) Gets totalled
    Either of those options (knock on wood) would devastate me, this is the first car I can be truly proud of.

All of that on a government worker peon's salary :\ My one upswing was buying a house right after the market tanked and putting real time and money into it, then selling for a bit of profit 5 years later.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do to keep yourself in high-perf luxury vehicles? The only person I can attest to knowing to have purchased an R8 is a linebacker for the Redskins...
    It boggles me seeing some of the folks coming out to the local cars&coffee meets every saturday in a different vehicle - McLaren MP4-12C's, Bugatti's, Lambo's, etc... I just don't know where money like that comes from !:|
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Well you could count me as one current RS6 owner who wouldn't take a serious look at a new RS6 (until it was about 10 years old, that is) - including purchase price, I'm around 22k into this beast with another 3k or so soon to drop for a K40. That's more than I spent including purchase for my last show-car quality car, and I owned it for almost 6 years. I've been doing quick turnaround on vehicles pretty consistently at 1-2 years, but I'm planning on the RS6 sticking with me until it either:
    A) Catastrophically fails
    B) Gets totalled
    Either of those options (knock on wood) would devastate me, this is the first car I can be truly proud of.

All of that on a government worker peon's salary :\ My one upswing was buying a house right after the market tanked and putting real time and money into it, then selling for a bit of profit 5 years later.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do to keep yourself in high-perf luxury vehicles? The only person I can attest to knowing to have purchased an R8 is a linebacker for the Redskins...
    It boggles me seeing some of the folks coming out to the local cars&coffee meets every saturday in a different vehicle - McLaren MP4-12C's, Bugatti's, Lambo's, etc... I just don't know where money like that comes from !:|
    Ahhhhhh. Well again original or near original RS6 owners. I paid in the 70s one second used and traded it in for 18k... Lucky for me I got $ on the sale of my RNSE and real RS6+ 19" titanium finish 5 spokes I imported, plus the sales tax break to make it ok.

Well my R8 is in the category of not paid for by my day job but the RS cars were/are. I'm an architect at a principal/partner and now owner level with a good number of years on you. In the early days here we had many top end executive types blowing time here. I felt very low on the totem pole at the time. It is a wide ranging group. Great car and I do miss it.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Lucky for me I got $ on the sale of my RNSE and real RS6+ 19" titanium finish 5 spokes I imported
    and lucky for me I picked up your 19" 5 spokes which still look awesome with Daytona Gray! Still in the beast at 132K miles...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Looks like they forgot to paint it, trashy matte gray, Scion uses that color...
    That's Nardo Grey, and while technically not matte like Daytona Grey Matte, it is very flat looking.
    2008 white/amaretto S8

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    How are RS6 prices in comparison to RS7 prices in Europe? Higher or lower?
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

In the UK the base RS5 is 60k euro.

Here in the US the base RS5 is 70k US.

In the UK the base RS6 avant is 77k euro.

In the US the base RS6 avant should be 98-103k US at the very most.

We are indeed getting screwed in the US. No RS4 avant, no S6 avant, no S4 avant, no RS6 avant. How many can they really sell in the UK to give them the whole selection of S and RS avants?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    How are RS6 prices in comparison to RS7 prices in Europe? Higher or lower?

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/17/2...-review-video/

What do you think about the comfort seats? Do you like them? I read a lot of tests drive, this is the first test drive with the comfort seats and without DRC. Most of RS6/RS7 are equipped with dynamic package plus...
    I don't want to sacrifice comfort, so I don't know if it's enough to not take the DRC or if, to be comfortable, it needs air suspension combined with comfort seats... any thoughts?

Poor little superlight thing
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

No fast to 290 km/h

Bla. Bla. Bla...

"I don't like the RS7"...

Yeah right...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/p-k-w/9283309161/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/p-k-w/
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail