Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Believe me, it looks amazing in person.
    Bobski
    03 RS6 Black/Black stock
    01 TT stage 2+ silver with baseball red

I'm going to start a daily routine of posting about getting the C7 RS6 avant on Audi USA Facebook page. It may be ultimately useless but it's worth the 2 mins of my time to try! Anyone else care to join me? The more who do the better our odds of success!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    I'm going to start a daily routine of posting about getting the C7 RS6 avant on Audi USA Facebook page. It may be ultimately useless but it's worth the 2 mins of my time to try! Anyone else care to join me? The more who do the better our odds of success!
    Good idea
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post

Begin_RANT {
    It is actually rather sad that some of the halo cars that Audi "thinks" the North America doesn't want, are actually the cars the population wants.
    Yet we are force fed A4's, A6's, A8's, Q5, Q7... Should I take the red pill or the blue one?
    The US has no Audi diesels except an A3 in FWD and a Q7 in 3.6 (where are all the rest? Where is the Q7 V12 diesel?)

If Audi "thinks" that they are unable to sell RS models or even an Avant: how does Merc do it with all the AMG models, diesel models? BMW with their "M" models?
    What about those TOP sales numbers posted by Audi year after year?
    What about all these "development" platforms for Le Mans? etc, etc, etc.

It IS frustrating to the point of almost giving up on the Audi Brand...
    }
    End_RANT

Continue as you were...
    To be fair to Audi of America they just don't sell enough A4, A6, A8, Q7s to get much freedom from Germany. BMW and Mercedes sell almost 2.5 times more cars per year in the US which makes special editions mucj easier to pull of. Add limited RS availability and euro to USD exchange rate and US certification costs and the limited US lineup begins to make sense.

How many 130,000 Q7 V12 TDI diesels would they have sold in America? Audi even canceled it in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    To be fair to Audi of America they just don't sell enough A4, A6, A8, Q7s to get much freedom from Germany. BMW and Mercedes sell almost 2.5 times more cars per year in the US which makes special editions mucj easier to pull of. Add limited RS availability and euro to USD exchange rate and US certification costs and the limited US lineup begins to make sense.

How many 130,000 Q7 V12 TDI diesels would they have sold in America? Audi even canceled it in Europe.
    They could have sold up to 2000 of them! You can sell that many of anything! Go try to build a Porsche Cayenne on their website....when I got done optioning it the price was $193,000...
    also I think there are a lot of people currently driving AMG's and M's who would buy RS's if they were available! My guess is that if they expanded the RS lineup then they could easily take at least at least a 3rd of the hi-po luxury market! Audi just builds better cars (just go look at those pictures on the other thread), and if they bring them they will sell them!
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

You may not have noticed, but we're making RS6.com more Facebook friendly.

For instance, look at the top and you can like this page.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I'm going to start a daily routine of posting about getting the C7 RS6 avant on Audi USA Facebook page.

You may not have noticed, but RS6.com is becoming more Facebook friendly.

For instance, you can "LIKE" this thread, look at the top of the page.

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Dear Friends,

after a successful time at the summercamp for obesity, the new Audi RS 6 has been sent back to the Gym to pack on some extra muscles. Not that it has been weak against its direct competition (has been on top already) but it has been considered as "needs more" to give the potential customer the most powerful and fastest Audi RS car ever.

Please admit muscles do not grow over night, due to that the release has been delayed. Other than that you would have seen the next Audi RS car in Paris next month.

Is the Audi RS 6 coming to the USA? The premiere of the next Audi RS car will not be in Europe.

Qisha

PS: it IS a good thing to show AoA your appreciation and interest for the next Audi RS 6. Audi Germany engineers, builds and delivers what AoA is stating to be able sell. Talking about the Audi RS 6 Avant: if the US market demands the fastest production wagon and AoA can sell a adequate qoute for a reasonable price, why should the executive board decline? However in the end everything that counts are numbers, like with every business today. We might end up with a Website asking "Do you want the fastest...".

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,after a successful time at the summercamp for obesity, the new Audi RS 6 has been sent back to the Gym to pack on some extra muscles. Not that it has been weak against its direct competition (has been on top already) but it has been considered as "needs more" to give the potential customer the most powerful and fastest Audi RS car ever.Please admit muscles do not grow over night, due to that the release has been delayed. Other than that you would have seen the next Audi RS car in Paris next month. Is the Audi RS 6 coming to the USA? The premiere of the next Audi RS car will not be in Europe. QishaPS: it IS a good thing to show AoA your appreciation and interest for the next Audi RS 6. Audi Germany engineers, builds and delivers what AoA is stating to be able sell. Talking about the Audi RS 6 Avant: if the US market demands the fastest production wagon and AoA can sell a adequate qoute for a reasonable price, why should the executive board decline? However in the end everything that counts are numbers, like with every business today. We might end up with a Website asking "Do you want the fastest...".
    If I'm understanding you correctly you dressed this wolf up in sheeps clothing and tested it, realized you had built a car that was better than the best from AMG & M, so you decided to go full on Shock&Awe and build a car that's more or less aimed past them straight @ Brabus & Alpina? Like a demoralizing display of force? And better than that it will be debuting at either the New York or Detroit Auto Show? And it WILL be on sale in the US, possibly even as an Avant if enough of us beg hard enough? I realize you probably can't say any more than you already did, so you can just post a simley RS6 flag thing if I'm close!

I hope will be unveiled @ los angeles autoshow in November 2012 or Naias jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    I hope will be unveiled @ los angeles autoshow in November 2012 or Naias jan 2013
    I didn't realize LA was in November! Duh! That would be much better!

Dear Friends,

after a successful time at the summercamp for obesity, the new Audi RS 6 has been sent back to the Gym to pack on some extra muscles. Not that it has been weak against its direct competition (has been on top already) but it has been considered as "needs more" to give the potential customer the most powerful and fastest Audi RS car ever.
    Damn it Qisha. I think I just upped my budget.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Dear Friends,

Please admit muscles do not grow over night, due to that the release has been delayed. Other than that you would have seen the next Audi RS car in Paris next month.

Is the Audi RS 6 coming to the USA? The premiere of the next Audi RS car will not be in Europe.

Qisha

PS: it IS a good thing to show AoA your appreciation and interest for the next Audi RS 6. Audi Germany engineers, builds and delivers what AoA is stating to be able sell. Talking about the Audi RS 6 Avant: if the US market demands the fastest production wagon and AoA can sell a adequate qoute for a reasonable price, why should the executive board decline? However in the end everything that counts are numbers, like with every business today. We might end up with a Website asking "Do you want the fastest...".

Qisha.. Please check your PM's.. Trying to get in contact with you.. Thanks HY O...

I heard long ago (more than a year?) from my "sources" that we would be getting the C7 RS6. However, rumors are always subject to changing circumstances. Being that my sources are near, and have connections into, AoNA HQ in Reston, I took them at face value, but until it's announced, as far as I'm concerned, it's just not happening.

Regardless, a $180K price tag is just out of the stratosphere. And, if that's going to be the case, I will really struggle with what to replace my C5 with. At this point, I'd actually PREFER the Avant RS6, if I have the option.

CW

Dear Friends,

I hope this extra delay is not going to make the RS6 arrive again just before the facelift. In the past the only reason that has stopped me from buying Audis is the fact that they were "old" on arrival and the new model even if no RS model was much more modern. Now I am so fed up with the Panamera Turbo that I am seriously considering the RS6. I love the new M5, but for me AWD is a must. I also hope the price will be reasonable. Where I live the previous model cost exactly as much as a Panamera Turbo, but with less standard equipment and a extremely high depreciation rate, as it was overtaken by the new model, even if with smaller engines.
    PTT

Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    I was sworn to secrecy, but it is out, including a photo. I had a VIP tour while my US Spec RS6 had the transmission replaced and they literally unveiled the car in front of me. They said I was the first outside of the R and D group to see it, the one, that is not a mule, but a 98% finished prototype. Gunmetal flat grey, avant. It will be only available only in an Avant and I was told it would not come to the USA because station wagons don't sell. They took my camera and phone, so no pictures obviously. Amazing detail, muscular, V8, TT. Gorgeous car. Quite the experience to see the Neckersulm facility.

I got a one on one tour of the R8 production line and got see the all the custom paint jobs and interiors you could imagine. You literally can order any color, any wood, any steering wheel for any car you want. The RS5 in a deep maroon was amazing. I have many more pictures of these custom cars if you want to see them.
    Can you confirm that the first rendering of the white RS6 is close to the finished product, or atlleast if it isnt, because after seeing the RS4, I am pretty sure thats what it will look like.
    PTT

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Impossible. They will not price it higher than an R8..
    Sorry, but you are wrong, where I live the previous RS6 cost 10% more than the R8 V8.
    PTT

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    There is nothing edgey or that speaks power about this look. The thing I liked a lot about the C5 platform is the fat wheel wells which gave the car a more agressive styling/look. This is quite muted. I liken this to the C5 Z06 Corvette styling in comparisson to the C6 Z06 which was more agressive and had wheel flares that gave it a mean look. This is not grandpa's sedan and as such should stand out amongst the crowd. The photo here doesn't stand out IMO. It blends in all too well. If you are a fan of the sleeper feel, than this probably floats your boat. Personally, if I need to spend gobs of $$ to get the elite halo car, it needs to stand out as being significantly different from the counterparts in more than performance.
    After living with the Panamera now for 2 years and being cameraphoned everywhere I go, this is exactly what I am looking for. I though didnt like the new RS4 as much as the old RS4 avant. Hope it looks good live.

Nonetheless, I would have been interested in the RS4 as I mostly drive alone and in the city, but I think making a pure V8 without turbocharging was an error on the part of Audi these days, when turbocharged engines are getting unbelievable milage. I was going to buy the RS5, but thought a V8 without turbos was outdated allready then in this age of cylinder shutoff, start-stop functions etc... The fact that they came with the same concept as the RS5 a few years later surprised me.
    PTT