Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

I didnt look to see where the A4 was built but know that many factories are moving forward in Mexico to build NA content vehicles at a cheaper price. VW as well. It makes the bottom line fat. Never mind the metal content from Mexico. If the SQ5 is built in Mexico then I will not be a buyer. This is a forum and many off the cuff remarks will be made. We dont have the the full time job of researching Audi product just the money to buy what we wish.

As for blasphemy both my RS6s have the factory trans to this day. Both have the factory equipped torque converter as well. I really dont care about the tech gadgets and hardly look at my RNSE for directions. I buy them for the drive, build and lack of bling.

Time does march on and I have two low mileage RS6s in the garage. Audi has no sale and will continue to have no sale with the lack of product planning and appleal for this old boy. I'm more than happy with my two RS6s. If I dont buy another Audi that will be fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by G@Fourtitude View Post
    Look man, I'm just trying to give you some perspective. If you don't want to hear it, fine. But do me a favor and stop making assumptions about my relationship with Audi. Your statements suggest you don't know what you're talking about in regards to them or their process so I'm trying to give you some input so you can speak from a position of authority. If you don't agree with me then that's fine, but your arguments will only be stronger if they stand up against an educated viewpoint. Throwing out incorrect Mexican plant assumptions, mentioning lunches and Christmas gifts suggests to me you're doing that in lieu of a strong argument.

You want to talk about the Mexican plant? I know plenty. It's not yet open BTW and it's not even slated to build A4s. It is Q5 only (at least for now) and world production of that model so Germany, etc. get the same ones. There are market conditions for this choice and we highlighted them in-depth on my blog. I can summarize or provide a link if you wish.

This may sound like blasphemy, but hear me out before you say your worst. Your RS 6 versus the current S6? C5 was really not very good from a reliability standpoint and thus very costly for Audi on warranties. Ask another C5 owner whose blown his trans and they'll tell you. The C5 is too small today for C segment (B8 is same size) and stock for stock is faster in straight line, more dynamic in corners, a lion's share difference in material quality on the inside, worlds apart infotainment, etc. DSG is soooo much better than the C5's tiptronic, as is the new 8-speed Tip in the RS-spec cars and S8.

Sure, you can tune your C5. A C7 owner can tune theirs too and lots of luck when they do that. They'll still walk you on a drag strip or a track. As much as I like the C5 RS 6, time marches on. You can't expect it to keep up on all those factors. quattro GmbH has learned a LOT since the C5 era and it shows most in the handling dynamic of these new cars.

My best guess as to what the S6 lacks to the C5 for me and other enthusiasts has little if anything to do with performance. It lacks the RS badge, the flares and the exclusivity. It's too much of a sleeper for someone drawn to an RS. I'll give you that it's also softer than an RS, but still will out handle a C5 RS 6.

Again, just my opinion. I've never owned a C5 RS 6, but I have spent time in one. Same goes for the new C7 cars, though I have not yet driven the C7 RS cars yet.

Who is making assumptions now? This was never about the new S6 and track or drag times. If I wanted a track car I would build one. For the typical low mileage RS6 owner the new S6 is a fine car just soft. It has zero appeal to me and I have no need to replace my RS6 with a S6. It has nothing to do with the badge. There is nothing to argue about here. I'm the buyer not AoA

Excessive warranty claims? How about carbon coaked valves on FSI engines. I will take my 4.2tt thank you.

No doubt you have a great deal of knowledge and phone numbers to this guy or that guy at AoA. Thats great. But AoA has to provide the product for my hard earned dollar and they are missing the mark with the current market mix. Thats all. And while I like the idea of the 3.0T in the Q5 for my wife the lack of inventory and typical salesman tactics leave me far from impressed at todays AoA. Life goes on and I drive a RS6 every day. How bad can that be.

This may sound like blasphemy, but hear me out before you say your worst. Your RS 6 versus the current S6? C5 was really not very good from a reliability standpoint and thus very costly for Audi on warranties. Ask another C5 owner whose blown his trans and they'll tell you. The C5 is too small today for C segment (B8 is same size) and stock for stock is faster in straight line, more dynamic in corners, a lion's share difference in material quality on the inside, worlds apart infotainment, etc. DSG is soooo much better than the C5's tiptronic, as is the new 8-speed Tip in the RS-spec cars and S8.

Sure, you can tune your C5. A C7 owner can tune theirs too and lots of luck when they do that. They'll still walk you on a drag strip or a track. As much as I like the C5 RS 6, time marches on. You can't expect it to keep up on all those factors. quattro GmbH has learned a LOT since the C5 era and it shows most in the handling dynamic of these new cars.

My best guess as to what the S6 lacks to the C5 for me and other enthusiasts has little if anything to do with performance. It lacks the RS badge, the flares and the exclusivity. It's too much of a sleeper for someone drawn to an RS. I'll give you that it's also softer than an RS, but still will out handle a C5 RS 6.

Again, just my opinion. I've never owned a C5 RS 6, but I have spent time in one. Same goes for the new C7 cars, though I have not yet driven the C7 RS cars yet.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    AoA lost my sale too, spec'd my E63S yesterday.
    Wow.... that was fast....

PM me - would like to know details - When is you delivery date and All in....? Pretty much decided to go that route myself.

If its late fall, would rather prefer to hold out till spring... but the little one is growing....

. Also, there's a rumor in the press that the Volkswagen Group's Audi unit may purchase Alfa Romeo. IF that's true, then they'll need cash on hand in order to do it.
    Alfa Romeo.... good luck with that.... they'll sell less of those than RS4's..... in the US I mean

I don't own a RS6 but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite.

Hi, I'm rothen, new here, and I just love Audi rs6/rs7. I think this car is gonna be the fastest five doors on 0-60, with the only e 63 amg s and panamera turbo still competing on this deal. I'm also disappointed since there is no rs6 sedan in planning

In Russia, Moscow. Roll-on BMW M5 F10 (560 hp) vs Nissan GT-R 2013 (540 hp).
    Surprisingly, but BMW is win.

red rs6 driven by Milan's football player Kevin Prince Boateng

http://video.gazzetta.it/boateng-tes...2-7871f32ceca8

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    In Russia, Moscow. Roll-on BMW M5 F10 (560 hp) vs Nissan GT-R 2013 (540 hp).
    Surprisingly, but BMW is win.

Not sure what this is doing in this thread, but looks like the M5 jumped. Looked very even to me.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

fyi - joined the http://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/ forum recently

tomorrow I am going to MB dealer to spec out the wagon - its been decided - some things I'll miss, but not much I think

I just...

Quote Originally Posted by plivac View Post
    tomorrow I am going to MB dealer to spec out the wagon - its been decided - some things I'll miss, but not much I think
    received word yesterday, my E63S sedan is showing in the order bank with a late October build which will probably put me at a December delivery. You may be in luck, seems wagon builds are happening a bit earlier.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks Erik, I do like the new RS6, almost a larger B7 RS4. My only design comment is the ridge 'in step' below the rear lights, not keen .. will be a real dirt trap.

Not sure, that the new RS6 C7 will go better than BMW M5 F10 2013. (100-200 km/h - is 7.2 sec)

Some of my photos of the RS6 at the 24hr Nurburgring race last week.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AMG Emotion Tour - 24hr Nurburgring 2013 176.jpg 
Views:	1664 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	13907

Name:	AMG Emotion Tour - 24hr Nurburgring 2013 177.jpg 
Views:	1537 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	13908

Name:	AMG Emotion Tour - 24hr Nurburgring 2013 232.jpg 
Views:	26563 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	13909

Name:	AMG Emotion Tour - 24hr Nurburgring 2013 233.jpg 
Views:	1516 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	13910

Name:	AMG Emotion Tour - 24hr Nurburgring 2013 234.jpg 
Views:	1519 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	13911

Name:	AMG Emotion Tour - 24hr Nurburgring 2013 237.jpg 
Views:	1516 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	13912

Name:	AMG Emotion Tour - 24hr Nurburgring 2013 238.jpg 
Views:	1546 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	13913

Name:	AMG Emotion Tour - 24hr Nurburgring 2013 239.jpg 
Views:	1536 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	13914

Name:	AMG Emotion Tour - 24hr Nurburgring 2013 241.jpg 
Views:	1592 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	13915

Thanks - would like to see a 'real' sprint blue RS6

just wow...

Found on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/GruberMotors) was taken at AUDI Central Lounge Training in Munich

Name:	919955_632730460073754_1372212185_o.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	13916Click image for larger version. 

Name:	473277_632730833407050_418138060_o.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	13917Click image for larger version. 

Name:	901066_632730513407082_121846342_o.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	13918