Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X pipe

X pipe

this may be beating a dead horse, but i used the search and couldn't find a good enough answer. Long story short gonna straight the beast and i wanna know if i should x-pipe it or not, i know its not really needed cause its turbo, but would it make a difference with the sound?

I just did this recently. Full 3" downpipes with a xpipe and 3" straight pipe all the way back and it sounds like pure sex. Lots of my friends have told me it's the best exhaust they have ever heard! All you hear is turbos spooling when you are in vacuum and raw v8 when you get on it. My favorite mod yet! Go for it!

ok cool, cause i was thinking either true dual or xpipe, not sure what would sound better. and im guessing that was a fab'd up kit?

Yes all custom

Someone else posted a link to Columbia River, they have pre-fab x-pipes if you're looking to do the work yourself.

http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog...1/x-pipes-183/

After doing some research, x pipe yields most gains over straight or h pipe. Also noted by others xpipe sounds more exotic. Straight pipes might be louder but the note of the exhaust will suffer. Here is my setup straight pipe turbo back with x pipe. Mine is Daytona grey.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxnYH3JONkE
    6spd complete

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    I just did this recently. Full 3" downpipes with a xpipe and 3" straight pipe all the way back and it sounds like pure sex. Lots of my friends have told me it's the best exhaust they have ever heard! All you hear is turbos spooling when you are in vacuum and raw v8 when you get on it. My favorite mod yet! Go for it!
    +1 on the sound i LOVE mine
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Here I am with Milltek turbo back and you guys are making me jealous.

Maybe its just me, but I like the stock exhaust. I think it sounds great. Also nice an quiet for road trips, doesn't the straight pipe make for a very annoying long drive?

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    Maybe its just me, but I like the stock exhaust. I think it sounds great. Also nice an quiet for road trips, doesn't the straight pipe make for a very annoying long drive?

Actually ly with the x pipe you can barely hear the exhaust inside the car. It's very strange! Ill do video in the next few weeks

not sure about on this car, i will soon. but on my cummins i had 5 inch straight pipe and it sucked sometime, like really early in the morning or really late at night. but then again that was a 5.9 straight 6 cummins lol. from the videos ive seen it doesnt sound bad at all. gives it a real nice growl.

Cruise control at 70mph on highway you can't even hear the exhaust.....but at WOT it frikking ROARRRRS! Lol!
    People call my car a turbo diesel sometime because at slow speeds with low rpms all you hear is the turbo spool (just like a dump truck or big diesel)

its rs not too loud for everyday driving at all but get lets you set off car alarms and shake windows in parking garages!

The stock size is 2.5 inch right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey View Post
    After doing some research, x pipe yields most gains over straight or h pipe. Also noted by others xpipe sounds more exotic. Straight pipes might be louder but the note of the exhaust will suffer. Here is my setup straight pipe turbo back with x pipe. Mine is Daytona grey.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxnYH3JONkE
    Any pics of exhaust system that u have now on car (on video) ?? I also plan do some custom ehaust, but dont know with straight pipes or x pype ?

Quote Originally Posted by BELA View Post
    Any pics of exhaust system that u have now on car (on video) ?? I also plan do some custom ehaust, but dont know with straight pipes or x pype ?
    I would go with xpipe
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	14238

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	14239
    6spd complete

But with xpipe i have to remove/delete rear cat-s ? Then i have only first/pre-cats and after them just straight pipes combined in xpipe and again staright pipes till rear exhaust cans ?
    What about lambdas ? If i like to pass annual car ispection i have to have labdas on car ? Or just install lambdas in straight pipes without cats ?

I mean, i dont know where and how to start, i have stock exhaust till rear cans which are from model rs6 5.0 ...do i have to remove and first/front and rear cats ?? If i do that all the time i have in BC warrning light ?

Quote Originally Posted by BELA View Post
    But with xpipe i have to remove/delete rear cat-s ? Then i have only first/pre-cats and after them just straight pipes combined in xpipe and again staright pipes till rear exhaust cans ?
    What about lambdas ? If i like to pass annual car ispection i have to have labdas on car ? Or just install lambdas in straight pipes without cats ?

I mean, i dont know where and how to start, i have stock exhaust till rear cans which are from model rs6 5.0 ...do i have to remove and first/front and rear cats ?? If i do that all the time i have in BC warrning light ?
    If you are tuned, you can have the rear sensors blocked out. That's what I did and never have a check engine light after remove all 4 cats, both resenators, and both mufflers!

2 questions, 1- is there a way to code out or trick the O2. i couldnt straight pipe cause i forgot about the damn O2's. and 2-im sure someone has answered this but do the 710n's do any good to a stock RS6. all i have is exhaust... kinda lol.