Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Aquamist HFS-3 complete system with 3-gallon tank

FS: Aquamist HFS-3 complete system with 3-gallon tank

Complete system

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-0...-valve-system/

everything included plus a 2.5 or 3-gallon black tank with level sensor.
    I'll confirm on the actual size.

System was literally used for 2 months.

$650 shipped for the system

all instructions / documents will be included.

the only thing you may need is a new line from the tank to the pump.
    the tubing i have coiled up with the kit can be used, but may be slightly short
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Any instructions on how to properly tap in to the bi pipe or intake pipe?
    6spd complete

Split the spray line and tap into each side of the y-pipe, about 4-8 inches before the intake, works very good...Check nozzle size, using two DO5's(devils own) to match the 4.2 v8. Adjustable after that I assume.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

And to tap in you have to pre drill for the bungs where the nozzle goes. Drill the narrow side of the y pipe or wide flat side?(if that makes sense)
    6spd complete

Drilled narrow side, top basically, more space to disperse I guess. Y pipe off the car to clear any debris. I can post a pic for reference...very nice to have in the summer!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yea if you dont mind a picture would be great. I do get it, just nice to see as well. And thanks for all your info
    6spd complete

Quote Originally Posted by terrytcl View Post
    Complete system

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-0...-valve-system/

everything included plus a 2.5 or 3-gallon black tank with level sensor.
    I'll confirm on the actual size.

System was literally used for 2 months.

$650 shipped for the system

all instructions / documents will be included.

the only thing you may need is a new line from the tank to the pump.
    the tubing i have coiled up with the kit can be used, but may be slightly short
    Of course I have to ask, why are you selling it?

Any photos of the tank?

Thanks,
    Jason
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Drilled, tapped and capped here. Did this while engine was out for swap. Engine doesn't need to be out, but definitely needs to be in service position at least. This pic is standing by the drivers side fender looking towards the front of the car at the intake plenum.
    (you probably don't have that extra transmission harness in the way, don't mind that)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meth Tap.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	14231
    2013 Audi S8

Name:	IMG_3785.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	14232

picture of tank

it's a 2.5 gallon
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Name:	IMG_3786.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	14234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3784.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	14233

more pics
    2003 RS6 - forsale

ttboost thanks for the pic.
    6spd complete

With regard to fluid level, there is a float switch that you have to mount in the tank. When the yellow light comes on, on the gauge, you are low. When this happens, you will be defaulted back to waste gate until you fill up your bottle. This is one of the safety's. There is also a flow sensor inline that, when senses no flow, also reverts back to wastegate. These safety's are only active if you wire them in correctly. Sorry to step on your toes Terry, just trying to help.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Split the spray line and tap into each side of the y-pipe, about 4-8 inches before the intake, works very good...Check nozzle size, using two DO5's(devils own) to match the 4.2 v8. Adjustable after that I assume.
    Out of curiousity, why wouldn't one tap in once at the 'Y' just up stream from the throttle body vs. splitting in two locations that just merge anyway?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Volume? I don't think they make a jet big enough to only need 1...you could I guess...but what's the point...I think that's the reason Tim...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Out of curiousity, why wouldn't one tap in once at the 'Y' just up stream from the throttle body vs. splitting in two locations that just merge anyway?
    My thinking was that it would give a bit of time for the WM to evenly disperse and cool/mix the air. Too close to the intake might not be perfect mix, further away could allow WM to heat up more as it travels with warm air. Probably minor details, but every bit helps I figure. I think I copied Kyle's install, but that's my reasoning...

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Volume? I don't think they make a jet big enough to only need 1...you could I guess...but what's the point...I think that's the reason Tim...
    I think DO makes a DO10 that would be full volume. According to their calculator, two DO5's are the right amount for a 4.2L V8. I know I can over spray in the winter when at full causing some bog on the lower end...summer is perfect, amazing how it handles the heat soak...

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    With regard to fluid level, there is a float switch that you have to mount in the tank. When the yellow light comes on, on the gauge, you are low. When this happens, you will be defaulted back to waste gate until you fill up your bottle. This is one of the safety's. There is also a flow sensor inline that, when senses no flow, also reverts back to wastegate. These safety's are only active if you wire them in correctly. Sorry to step on your toes Terry, just trying to help.
    Thank you. Sorry Terry for hijacking. But this thread has so much great info that it will help with the sale
    6spd complete

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I think DO makes a DO10 that would be full volume. According to their calculator, two DO5's are the right amount for a 4.2L V8. I know I can over spray in the winter when at full causing some bog on the lower end...summer is perfect, amazing how it handles the heat soak...
    I don't know about any other kits, I have only used the Aquamist kit. I think it's the best kit. I had Meth on my 996 turbo.It was so consistant in any kind of weather..I could run 6 or 8 60-130's back to back and be within a tenth every time...really seemingly eliminated heatsoak..as far as the engine was concerned...
    2013 Audi S8