Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Typo above, obviously I meant the RS5 and not the anemic A5.
    Fixed.

That was a given: RS-5, not A5.

The prime mover is willing, unfortunately, the car weighs way too much!

I concur with hahnmgh63 and DHall1 on this one, the pick is getting very slim, Audi is killing it. For me, the Cayenne is very big and heavy, not suitable for my conditions for a d.d. 911's are great but you lose three seats and the stealth factor,which i'm very confortable with. I better take good care of the MexBeast.

this thing just gets prettier every time I see it! I can't really verbalized how bad I want this car! The only thing I would change is the color...not a huge fan of the red, but put it in Daytona or matte Daytona and OMG. But on the other hand I would take this car in baby puke green if it meant I could have it!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

"Bummed that Audi won't sell you an RS6 Avant? Cry on Mercedes' shoulder."

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

even these turds get the picture.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr99 View Post
    This is the exact color combo I had in my VW Touareg V10TDI! I loved it! Though the VW paint was off road grey and had a hint of green in sunlight. I think its very classy vs just plain black interior. I would be very tempted to get this color combination. Though I think I will take mine in Daytona over silver* since I plan to keep my C5 as well and want them to match.

(*see the positive thinking I did there? No more asking for this car, I'm pretending its coming states side, then I will be even more heartbroken and it will make it easier to give Audi the finger from the drivers seat of my E63)
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by plivac View Post

"In a MASTERSTROKE of customer understanding, Mercedes will offer E63 wagon buyers—i.e., enlightened lunatics—only the higher-output tune."

This is a shot at Audi. It's basically saying:

"Dear Audi,
    We are going to take your buyers. They want an RS6 Avant, and we will give them a 577HP 590lb-ft beast to lure them over.
    Sincerely, The guys at AMG
    p.s. thanks for ignoring the US Market since '03. You really kicked our ass then and had us reeling, and if you had continued to supply that market with high powered halo cars we wouldn't be able to steal your buyers so easily."

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    "In a MASTERSTROKE of customer understanding, Mercedes will offer E63 wagon buyers—i.e., enlightened lunatics—only the higher-output tune."
    forgot THAT!!!! part.....

Quote Originally Posted by plivac View Post

Thank you Mercedes for listening.
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners

So you had a V10tdi? That vehicle was on my short list but they were hard to find. I could never test drive one.

AoA do you see a trend here? Many RS6 owners have had or will plan to have some sort of hot rod wagon or sport suv. Many owners have the Cayenne TT in addition to the RS6. Many owners have also had AMG products (me) and will not wait around forever.

Bring us the RS4 Avant. I will place my deposit today.

This is the exact color combo I had in my VW Touareg V10TDI! I loved it! Though the VW paint was off road grey and had a hint of green in sunlight. I think its very classy vs just plain black interior. I would be very tempted to get this color combination. Though I think I will take mine in Daytona over silver* since I plan to keep my C5 as well and want them to match.

(*see the positive thinking I did there? No more asking for this car, I'm pretending its coming states side, then I will be even more heartbroken and it will make it easier to give Audi the finger from the drivers seat of my E63)

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    So you had a V10tdi? That vehicle was on my short list but they were hard to find. I could never test drive one.

AoA do you see a trend here? Many RS6 owners have had or will plan to have some sort of hot rod wagon or sport suv. Many owners have the Cayenne TT in addition to the RS6. Many owners have also had AMG products (me) and will not wait around forever.

Wow, you just listed the sequence of my cars:

RS4 --> C63 & Q7 --> Cayenne S

I went with the Cayenne after starting our family and consolidating down to one vehicle. There just aren't any new high performance vehicles out on the market that are AWD and have reasonable space. I would hop in the car and drive down to Herndon right now with a check to demonstrate my commitment to an RS4. My wife already has an SUV and I don't really want/need two of them.

Hear, hear!

p.s. thanks for ignoring the US Market since '03. You really kicked our ass then and had us reeling, and if you had continued to supply that market with high powered halo cars we wouldn't be able to steal your buyers so easily."
    Precisely and I'm tired of begging AoA to take my money, I say, "F'em!"
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

Yes the Touareg was great, though I had more issues with it than I've had with my RS6 which I why I sold it after 11 months. The build quality on it didn't seem up to par. And they didn't have thecapabilities to build such a vehicle. And though there were plenty of VW dealers, I would have been better off taking it to a Porsche dealer because none of the VW dealers had ever seen one before. I kid you not I made an appointment 3 weeks a head of time for an oil change and got there and they had no filter because the service manager didn't even know what it was.

Anyways yes I would take an RS4 Avant. But I just think its extremely sad that people in the 100k car market have to talk about settling for a lesser car. I actually might rather get a Cayenne Turbo, especially since I just bought an E28 M5 and don't plan on keeping my H2 much longer.