Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Its tragic that all RS models are launched late in the product life cycle. It should have been the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by S6V10Avant View Post
    Its tragic that all RS models are launched late in the product life cycle. It should have been the other way around.
    if I correctly remember Quisha wrote on this forum some times ago, now rs models are made-produced by audi. quattro gmbh had problems to build rs cars in less time as customers wanted

Good news, just saw a full minute Audi S8 ad during the football game. If Audi is willing to advertise a "halo" yet low volume model such as the S8 I can see them spending the money on bringing the RS6 to the US to continue to build the Audi brand.

Dear US Friends,

who would be interested in buying a Audi RS 6 Wagon?

AoA reports demand is very low.

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear US Friends,

Qisha
    Well if AoA say so then it must be true.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

i want an RS6 sedan in the states. people just don't buy avants here, they just don't. i guess audi doesn't want to allot money for both variants to be made for business reasons. either make a sedan that sells in the states or a wagon that will sell in europe.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Dear US Friends,

Qisha
    I am interested in RS 6 avant. I am also interested in C7 or higher A6 allroad variation... but I know we will not receive those. The A4 platform allroad is not an updated version of the A6 allroad platform. Depending on price, RS6 avant is next purchase... if it is sold in states.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

I'd have to agree that I'm getting tired of the wagons myself, sedan would be sweet!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Dear US Friends,

Qisha
    That sounds like the next RS6 is Avant only?

The RS6 Avant wouldn't work in the US as there isn't even an A6 Avant or A4 Avant left because of low demand. RS6 sedan would work though.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    That sounds like the next RS6 is Avant only?

The RS6 Avant wouldn't work in the US as there isn't even an A6 Avant or A4 Avant left because of low demand. RS6 sedan would work though.
    This doesn't make sense. In what way does it sound like they will only be making an avant version of the rs6?

"there isn't even an a6 avant or a4 avant left because of low demand" ???? WTF
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I want an avant. AoA cannot look at this car like other model wagons. It should be looked at like the CTS-V. Good demand for that, but I bet the regular CTS wagon will flop.

Be smart about it. Just keep the wagon low volume. What Audi needs to figure out is how GM was able to break even on the wagon platform if they had only sold 40. They obviously sold many more than that and the press they generated with it was/is a gold mine. Bring 200 here. If they sell well, being more. And make a good advertising campaign about it. It will sell other audi's if nothing else.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Why wouldn't an Avant work in the US or North America?!?!?

It is the best of both worlds:
    1. Wickly fast quattro
    2. Ability to carry tons of stuff.

If at the time that I purchased my C5, if there was a sedan and an avant, I would have chosen the avant HANDS down!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Graphs

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    This doesn't make sense. In what way does it sound like they will only be making an avant version of the rs6?

"there isn't even an a6 avant or a4 avant left because of low demand" ???? WTF
    So far there have only been spy shots of the C7 RS6 Avant which doesn't mean there will be no sedan as one might come later. But based on the fact that there is only an RS4 Avant and no RS4 sedan of the current A4 putting the two together gives a possibility of Avant only. However Quisha saying that the RS6 will not debut in Europe hints at sedan availability.

My second line meant that Audi USA can't find enough Avant buyers to justify Avant sales of the A6. The A4 Avant got switched to A4 allroad, probably last chance for the 5 door to prove itself. The A3 hatchback is turning into A3 sedan for the next generation in the US as it sells fewer units than the Q7 which is more than double the price. Likewise the Q5 sells more than 5 times more than what the A4 Avant ever did. In general wagons account for 10% or fewer of a model's sales. "To put this number into perspective, during 2003 Audi sold slightly fewer than 3800 A4 Avants, and BMW sold just over 1800 3-series wagons."

I don't have CTS V sedan vs. CTS-V wagon sales figures but I bet CTS-V wagon sales are a sliver of CTS-V sedan sales. Audi probably struggled to sell 200 A6 Avants a year, how many will they manage at double the price. People on Fourtitude who have met the Audi USA product planners say that they are enthusiasts but they can't do something when the numbers don't work. RS6 Avant in the US would take some magic.
    Last edited by chewym; September 7th, 2012 at 00:44.

If GM can make the economics of it work. Anybody can.

I know it's difficult to understand, but an A-series buyer is a completely different thinker than a RS-series buyer. They should not be compared.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    If GM can make the economics of it work. Anybody can.

I know it's difficult to understand, but an A-series buyer is a completely different thinker than a RS-series buyer. They should not be compared.
    And GM isn't a poster child for financials sucess. Aside from this forum and other Audi enthusiasts who is going to pay 100,000+ plus for a wagon in America. I have never seen asingle E63 wagon.

Anyways based on what Quisha said about RS6 development and fat camp/weightlifting I would expect at least 600 quoted horsepower and weight at around S6 levels if not a little less. Based on what the S6 does with only "420" horsepower I am hoping of a 1/4 mile trap speed of at least 125 mph which would require a 0-200 km/h time of under 12 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    And GM isn't a poster child for financials sucess. Aside from this forum and other Audi enthusiasts who is going to pay 100,000+ plus for a wagon in America. I have never seen asingle E63 wagon.
    I have seen several...
    La Jolla, California
    Bellevue, Washington
    Orange County, California

These cars are not for your average car purchaser.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Dear US Friends,

Qisha
    I think an RS6 Avant would sell here in the US.
    Ben is right, I've seen numerous CTS-V wagons (and a few E63's) recently. There's no doubt the RS6 avant will look MUCH better, and will most likely be faster.
    The main reason I own an S6 instead of the RS6: I wanted an avant. It is much more practical (and better looking
    BRING THE RS6 AVANT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I have seen several...
    La Jolla, California
    Bellevue, Washington
    Orange County, California

These cars are not for your average car purchaser.
    I'll keep an eye out for E63 wagons then!