Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Every single one please

Open another thread and fill it with pictures
    This. Especially the maroon RS5. That picture came up on the screen and something went thud under my desk.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Not a typo. I asked what is it going to cost. I said, maybe 200K euro and they said, maybe 180K euro. Now, maybe that is in the Germany, so back out the tax. My experience is that Audis are 20-40% more in germany than in the USA. They do not make any money on cars in the USA they say. So, if it is 180K in Germany, that is $220K and back out 20-40% (maybe), then MAYBE you might be looking at $140K to $180K. Who knows. I was told there were no plans to bring it to the USA, but that is what Audi GMBH said about the 2013 Allroad some time ago and supposedly it is coming in (I owned two, an 01 and an 05 and I am a big fan).
    Bobski
    03 RS6 Black/Black stock
    01 TT stage 2+ silver with baseball red

Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    Not a typo. I asked what is it going to cost. I said, maybe 200K euro and they said, maybe 180K euro. Now, maybe that is in the Germany, so back out the tax. My experience is that Audis are 20-40% more in germany than in the USA. They do not make any money on cars in the USA they say. So, if it is 180K in Germany, that is $220K and back out 20-40% (maybe), then MAYBE you might be looking at $140K to $180K. Who knows. I was told there were no plans to bring it to the USA, but that is what Audi GMBH said about the 2013 Allroad some time ago and supposedly it is coming in (I owned two, an 01 and an 05 and I am a big fan).
    Hmm... are you talking about the 2013 allroad based on the A4 platform. Or, the 'real' C7/8 allroad? My RS6 stable mate is a 2001 allroad. And, I am with you, I am a big fan. Would love to see an updated version here in the US not based on the A4 platform but the A6... TDI with manual gearbox of course (but we all know that is a dream never to come true).
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Not a typo.
    Bobski
    03 RS6 Black/Black stock
    01 TT stage 2+ silver with baseball red

Not a typo.
    Fingers crossed.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

No way it is over 125k usd. I'd even be a little surprised if it was over 115.

What I wouldn't be surprised is that they don't bring the avant. I disagree with that, but I think Audi is too risk averse for that.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Not that I'm in a position to buy one but this figure is not what dealers are telling their customers because I was told £82-85k. This figure of €180k sounds redicilious.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

wasn't it said that the C6 RS6 never was imported because it would cost Audi $160,000? Believe it when they say they don't make money on us; the US market is so price competitive that cars that have fat margins are more the exception than the rule.

A lighter, smaller RS6 would be nice. And it should be both an Avant, and the most powerful car Audi sells - which means more power than the R8 GT. This is simply keeping in tradition with previous RS6s.

A PDK transmission would be nice; although will it be the VW/Audi DSG? Collaboration with Porsche on RS models is again, nothing new.

A revised quattro system similar to the R8 would be nice as well. They should really rethink how and when torque is distributed; even the 30:70 split of the R8 plus midengine layout, and it still isn't free of the Audi understeer gremlin.

Finally, I'd like to see a very, VERY aggressive rendition of the A6 styling. Since the current styling language is fairly angular, a return of ur-quattro fender flares would, at least to me, look pretty damned good
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Not a typo. I asked what is it going to cost...
    For me, the cut off would be $120K. A penny over that: I'm out.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

My speculation is that the price should be between 105-120 thousand Euros in Germany. The current M5 is 103,000 and E63 is 106,000 euro and the S8 is 111,000 Euros. (S8 is 110,000 USD in US) Considering the discount at which BMW/MB sells the M5/E63in the US (both start @ 89,000 USD) pricing the RS6 becomes a little hard in the US and you can see why the last RS6 didn't make it here. Ideally Audi would want to price the RS6 at 105-115,000 USD but again the M5/E63 pricing complicates things.

If the RS6 is Avant only then there is 0% of it coming to the US. Expect to see an RS7 for the US in that case. If there is a sedan for rest of the world then RS6 should come to the US also. Considering MB sells both the CLS63 AMG and E63 AMG and BMW probably will sell both M5 and M6 Grand Coupe Audi should do both. But most likely the decision is already made and I fear Audi is getting confused with Avant/coupe only combo. I don't see how much extra costs there are when making a sedan and Avant version as the body shell probably doesn't make too much of a difference aside from a little extra weight and aerodynamics.

But a lot can/ will depend on how the soon to be released S6 and S7 (and maybe a bit S8) do salewsise against eachother as that should be a good test case for RS6 vs. RS7 decision. Currently the A6 does 2-3x the sales of the A7 but some of that is probably due to pricing and the ratio probably gets more even when looking at more optioned up A6 models vs. comparably priced A7s. In the best case both the S6 and S7 sell very well and both RS6 and RS7 make it here. Another good result would be for the S6 to make up the same or higher % of total A6 sales as the 550i to 5 series and E550 to E class total.

To sum it up, tell all your friends to buy an S6 or lease one now to increase the chance of an RS6 coming to the US.
    Last edited by chewym; August 28th, 2012 at 03:57.

Regarding the engine ... new S8 modified by ABT develops 620Hp.

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Regarding the engine ... new S8 modified by ABT develops 620Hp.
    ...640 HP and 780 NM (Engine Code: CGTA) to be exact.

Qisha, Can we hope for the new RS6 and RS7 within this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    There is nothing edgey or that speaks power about this look. The thing I liked a lot about the C5 platform is the fat wheel wells which gave the car a more agressive styling/look. This is quite muted. I liken this to the C5 Z06 Corvette styling in comparisson to the C6 Z06 which was more agressive and had wheel flares that gave it a mean look. This is not grandpa's sedan and as such should stand out amongst the crowd. The photo here doesn't stand out IMO. It blends in all too well. If you are a fan of the sleeper feel, than this probably floats your boat. Personally, if I need to spend gobs of $$ to get the elite halo car, it needs to stand out as being significantly different from the counterparts in more than performance.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I agree with Bigglesworth, it certainly doesn't grab me. It actually looks like the current "Allroad" with a new bumper and some rims

I like the subtle lines and yet the agro stance of the C5 RS6.
    To me, it only takes one glance to know what a C5 RS6 is.
    It should make your heart skip a beat.
    It should make you crane your neck to get a closer look.
    It should make you point casually and say "look at that!".
    It should make you appreciate the subtle thunderous power under the hood and make you desire to pilot one (not in a Veyron-esque love affair).

You shouldn't have to search for visual cues of a badge or stainless mirrors or a different bumper or the calipers to figure out what a C5 RS6 is...
    I can't say that for the C6 RS6, nor this one...

Begin_RANT {
    It is actually rather sad that some of the halo cars that Audi "thinks" the North America doesn't want, are actually the cars the population wants.
    Yet we are force fed A4's, A6's, A8's, Q5, Q7... Should I take the red pill or the blue one?
    The US has no Audi diesels except an A3 in FWD and a Q7 in 3.6 (where are all the rest? Where is the Q7 V12 diesel?)

If Audi "thinks" that they are unable to sell RS models or even an Avant: how does Merc do it with all the AMG models, diesel models? BMW with their "M" models?
    What about those TOP sales numbers posted by Audi year after year?
    What about all these "development" platforms for Le Mans? etc, etc, etc.

It IS frustrating to the point of almost giving up on the Audi Brand...
    }
    End_RANT

Continue as you were...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I feel your pain Ben.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    There is nothing edgey or that speaks power about this look.
    Just so everyone knows, this is just a photoshop.

But I think more and more these "supercars" will look like and be based around the normal production cars, due to costs.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Begin_RANT {
    It is actually rather sad that some of the halo cars that Audi "thinks" the North America doesn't want, are actually the cars the population wants.
    Yet we are force fed A4's, A6's, A8's, Q5, Q7... Should I take the red pill or the blue one?
    The US has no Audi diesels except an A3 in FWD and a Q7 in 3.6 (where are all the rest? Where is the Q7 V12 diesel?)

If Audi "thinks" that they are unable to sell RS models or even an Avant: how does Merc do it with all the AMG models, diesel models? BMW with their "M" models?
    What about those TOP sales numbers posted by Audi year after year?
    What about all these "development" platforms for Le Mans? etc, etc, etc.

It IS frustrating to the point of almost giving up on the Audi Brand...
    }
    End_RANT
    I agree 10,000%! Audi wants to be king of the luxury mountain then they need to provide an alternative to at least most of the other companies lineups! We currently get 2 RS cars compared to Mercedes offering almost every car in their lineup in AMG flavor, and BMW doing the same! Hell we can buy massive SUV's with insanely powerful engines and we can't even get a freeking v6 wagon let alone the 1 car everyone on this forum really wants!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp