Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Not trying to hijack LUPIN's latest question, but now that it appears that NA customers will not have the opportunity (yet again) to get into the next RS6, I'm just curious what those of us that were looking forward to buying it will opt for now?

Having looked into the new M5 (not even currently available for sale) and the E63 (550 hp version) I am uninspired to get into either car. Seriously considering getting an extended warranty on my C5 RS6 and just keeping it.

wow. looks like a german CTS-V. it's going to look murdered out with the honeycomb grill. i'd say 600 hp.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

http://benzboost.com/content.php?288...h-transmission

If AMG comes out with a 4Matic E63 (sedan and wagon) next year.... AUDI will be pi...ing their pants that they didn't see a demand for the RS4 and RS6 in the US.

Have no idea why they are pushing on us the 5's and the 7's in every color and option.
    Last edited by plivac; November 8th, 2012 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by plivac View Post
    http://benzboost.com/content.php?288...h-transmission

If AMG comes out with a 4Matic E63 (sedan and wagon) next year.... AUDI will be pi...ing their pants that they didn't see a demand for the RS4 and R6 in the US.

Have no idea why they are pushing on us the 5's and the 7's in every color and option.
    Hmm. Interesting. Inclined to agree with you. All wheel drive, fairly good looks, and pretty decent power.

I question whether it is truly an issue of lack of demand, an inability due to costs, or lack of touch with their customers, for Audi to bring the RS6 into NA.

I make the assumption of course that many, if not all of the NA folks on this thread were looking forward to buying the new RS6 if it were made available. I had my name down for the C6 which never came, and also now for the C7, which looks like it will also not make it.

Amazing in this age of globalization that we as enthusiasts have to resort to other brands to address shortsightedness on the part of the brand we all want to stay with.

Dear Friends,

i can only repeat myself: everything AoA is demanding will be available for US customers.

If AoA would have pre-ordererd 1000 units of a Audi RS 6 (C7) SEDAN, it would be build. For comparison a total of 1.060 Audi RS 6 (C6) Sedan have been build. The same with the Audi RS 6 (C7) Avant, AoA pre-order needed for ~500 units and you will get it.

Reminder: (Show interest!)

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...l=1#post239119

The last word is not spoken... the RS 7 and RS 6 share the same platform... and as you already know the RS 7 will be homologated for the US market...

Talking about performance... the engine is able to produce a power density @McLaren MP4-12C level.

Qisha

I have written to Audi and was told to be patient..... However, given their MO, I sincerely doubt we will see the RS4 or RS6 stateside. The S6 sadly just feels too "executive" for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

i can only repeat myself: everything AoA is demanding will be available for US customers.

If AoA would have pre-ordererd 1000 units of a Audi RS 6 (C7) SEDAN, it would be build. For comparison a total of 1.060 Audi RS 6 (C6) Sedan have been build. The same with the Audi RS 6 (C7) Avant, AoA pre-order needed for ~500 units and you will get it.

The last word is not spoken... the RS 7 and RS 6 share the same platform... and as you already know the RS 7 will be homologated for the US market...

Talking about performance... the engine is able to produce a power density @McLaren MP4-12C level.

Qisha
    Thanks for the info, Qisha!

Can't wait for the RS7 Sportback!

Dear Friends,

Qisha
    Qisha! I need to know if the RS6 C7 Sedan will make it to Mexico! I already have a C5 and a C6 and I do not want to be left without a C7!

If I need to manifest my interest to someone at Audi of Mexico, I will appreciate a telephone number or email please.

Ghost-

Dear Friends,

Qisha
    Qisha,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your updates and insights.

I'm sure Audi would gladly make anything if there were 1000 unit pre-sold. But is this a realistic goal? Having 1000 people pre-order a car that will cost more than $100k that they haven't seen nor driven. That would seem a long stretch for most of the car buying public, even at the upper levels. Are there really that many well healed persons that are also serious Audi fans?

Again, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the C7. For me, I'll have to wait a few years for the price to fall into my justification zone.
    Keep Smiling, Jim

Dear Friends,

Qisha

If by Power density you mean HP per liter then all I can say is holy sh!t!! That is 616hp from 3.8L which equates to 162 per liter or 648hp from the audi 4.0L....WOW! I want!!

So yes I would commit to buy an Avant with those numbers test drive or not. Probably opt for European delivery though and make a vacation out of it.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

So if the "520" hp S8 is actually good for 570 or so at the crank and the RS7 is good for 650 then it will be very impressive even if the advertised hp is only 580 like last time.

...getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by LUPIN View Post
    New to the forum, interested in new RS7 Sportback.

Here is a RS7 mule @ Ring..

http://www.autogespot.nl/audi-rs7-mule-1/2012/10/17

How many hp do you think it will have? 600?
    How reliable is this source? Looks more like S7 to me. I thought RS7 was supposed to have dual exhaust (not quad) and squared-off old ur-quattro style flares? Grills, bumpers, and mirrors are easy to disguise. The other stuff isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Amulet-S6 View Post
    Qisha,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your updates and insights.

I'm sure Audi would gladly make anything if there were 1000 unit pre-sold. But is this a realistic goal? Having 1000 people pre-order a car that will cost more than $100k that they haven't seen nor driven. That would seem a long stretch for most of the car buying public, even at the upper levels. Are there really that many well healed persons that are also serious Audi fans?

Again, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the C7. For me, I'll have to wait a few years for the price to fall into my justification zone.
    Keep Smiling, Jim
    ^^^This. How come Merc (and others) can get it done and Audi can't??? VAG is huge and can't make it happen? That's a buncha bull. It may be more cost-effective in the short term, but many loyal customers are feeling alienated. Sounds like the problem stems from AoA wanting to sell large amounts of A3/4, TT, and Q whatevers. It would appear that this strategy is working for them for now, but my eyes are now wondering...

Guess I'll get in line for C7 RS6, but if it doesn't materialize, I'll want my money back. It's RS6 or nothing, unfortunately. I've tried really hard, but I just can't warm up to the RS7. Practicality (less room than 6 but same footprint), looks (subjective, but the roof line looks too much like an Infiniti G35), even the name bugs me (sounds too close to RX-7). S8 looks great and is insanely fast, but just a tad too big.

Sure hope Qisha's right about the RS6 finally coming to NA.

...getting closer.

OK! Now we're talking!
    Definitely getting in line! Love those big rounded wheel arches like the C5.

Qisha, @ :32 seconds in the video, was the sound from the MERC or the cloaked Audi? It sounded really good at that moment, but in other parts of the video, it sounded very quiet...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Qisha, @ :32 seconds in the video, was the sound from the MERC or the cloaked Audi? It sounded really good at that moment, but in other parts of the video, it sounded very quiet...
    Wondering the same thing here, sounded fantastic at that moment. I really hope they show-off the ultra technology advances with this model shaving some good 150kilo from the outgoing model.

Cheers.

Looks like a return to bubble fenders and not box fender flares.
    Last edited by chewym; November 10th, 2012 at 03:03.

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    Wondering the same thing here, sounded fantastic at that moment. I really hope they show-off the ultra technology advances with this model shaving some good 150kilo from the outgoing model.

Cheers.
    Prob most of that in the engine..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."