Thread: RS5 track day tomorrow! Montecello NY, anyone going?

RS5 track day tomorrow! Montecello NY, anyone going?

Saturday and Sunday is an Audi event at which we can drive the RS5, S5, perhaps new S6 or S8, and an R8 on the track....

Anyone going?

Mike

RS5 is very very nice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS5..jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	12842

I got to drive the red one....but I prefer this color....somehow familiar...LOL.....The RS5 engine sounds incredible....Drives great, handling unbelievable. Very nice interior layout, great seats....very tempting...

S8 was sweeeeeeet, but we only drove that on public back roads (speed limits, we did not see no stinking speed limits..) 520 hp on tap, the 8 speed auto was not bad at all. It does not get the 7 speed dual clutch but the 8 speed was just fine. Shifts much quicker than the RS6 auto.

R8 V10 - WOW.....too bad we had to play follow the leader..."don't touch the buttons" LOL "Just drive in "A" and don't mess with the settings"..wonder if I can get snows for that...guess not.

S7 vs S6...the S6 seemed much more planted in the turns. The engine sound a bit too tame. 7 speed dual clutch was very nice. Beautiful inside and out. Glad to have the chance to sample both. Perhaps with sports exhaust option it would have a nicer sound. RS6 is going to be beyond belief!

Skipped the pedestrian S4 and S5 LOL.....

Mike

Red RS5

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS5red..jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	12843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS5redinterior..jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	12844