Thread: Anyone have a warranty through CNA National Warranty

Anyone have a warranty through CNA National Warranty

After a lot of searching I may have found a viable warranty alternative. I would love to hear from anyone who has experience with CNA. This is their PREFERRED Care plan... an exclusionary plan, which is better than named component.

I'm looking at $4,400 for 3/36 with a $200 deductible, or $5,587 for a 4/48.

Post edit: CNA sells their products thru dealerships only.... How did you get the quote? Thanks!

Good info!.... Just out of curiousity, I placed an inquiry on their Powertrain Advantage Care product. It will be interesting to compare the Powertrain quote with your Prefered Care Plan quote. I'm comfy doing everything on the car EXCEPT for the TC/transmission....
    Last edited by 4.2Crew; August 9th, 2012 at 18:28.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Old Republic (also sold exclusively through dealers) referred me to a company called Automotive Products Consultants (800)-477-5372. I was given a direct number for the individual I spoke with, David, 866-225-6417. He first quoted me a named component contract that was very broad from Western General. He also quoted Royal Administration Elite. He recommends the CNA contract, which I haven't read through yet. I personally would love to hear a referral for CNA from a forum member before I sign up. The quote came through a Vokswagen / Audi Dealer that is in the company name... may be a workaround.

Separately, I was able to get a Fidelity Platinum quote from an Audi dealer. I know this company has a great reputation. The option here is 3/36 with a $250 ded for $5,487.

I am torn between the Fidelity Platinum ($5,487) or CNA Preferred Care ($4,440). Both 3 / 36 with 250 and 200 ded. respectively.

Go Fidelity, you will easily cover your cost, and you know they pay out.

Valve cover gaskets and a TC replacement will be that price +!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Here's the CNA list of exclusions... in theory, everything else is covered including the valves and gaskets at the bottom:

Our top-of-the-line coverage includes all parts ranging from the engine and transmission to audio equipment and vehicle hardware, except for specifically excluded services and conditions and the few parts listed below.
    * Accessory drive belt(s), hoses, tubes and clamps
    * Antenna mast, mirrors and steering wheel
    * Audio speakers and wiring, and cellular telephone
    * Battery, fuses and fusible links
    * Body, body panels, body fasteners, chassis frame and bumpers
    * Brake drums, rotors, pads and linings
    * Bright metal, trim, upholstery, insulation and paint
    * Carpet
    * Convertible top
    * Exhaust system and catalytic convertor
    * Filters and filter housings
    * Glass, lenses, sealed beams and light bulbs
    * Jack and tool kit, wheel lugs and lug nuts
    * Manual transmission clutch disc, pressure plate and throw-out bearing
    * PCV valve and fuel vapor canister
    * Radiator cap
    * Seat belt assembly, air bag system and sensors
    * Shock absorbers, tires, wheels and wheel covers
    * Spark plugs, plug wires and glow plugs
    * Windshield wiper rubber inserts
    * Any parts or components of a natural gas/propane fuel system Some services and conditions are not covered, as listed in the contract.

Seals & Gaskets Coverage
    Our most comprehensive coverage for seals and gaskets is provided with Automotive Preferred CareSM (excluding non-covered services and conditions listed in your contract). Whichever coverage you choose, the following items are automatically included at no additional charge!
    * Engine: Cylinder head gasket(s), intake manifold gasket(s), exhaust manifold gasket(s), rear main seal, valve cover gasket(s), oil pan gasket, front crankshaft seal, timing cover gasket, cam housing gasket(s).
    * Transmission/Transfer Case: Pan gasket, output shaft seal, shifter seal, speedometer cable seal, front pump seal(s), all transfer case seals.
    * Drivetrain Assembly: Differential gasket(s), pinion seal, axle seal(s) or gasket(s), CV joint boots.
    * Steering: Pump shaft seal.
    * Suspension: Hub or wheel bearing seals.
    * Air Conditioning: Compressor seals and gaskets and line o-rings.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Go Fidelity, you will easily cover your cost, and you know they pay out.

Valve cover gaskets and a TC replacement will be that price +!
    After some more research on Continental / CNA I think your advice is sound... go with Fidelity. Easy Care is also supposed to be very good (recommended by an Audi dealer), but they were even more pricey. I just hope the Audi dealer doesn't pick the car apart when they do the inspection... nothing wrong with it to my knowledge... we'll see.

Yeah, anything Audi puts on the PPI will be pre-existing and will not be covered under the warranty. Usually they pick it apart, but maybe let them know to "take it easy"....

Yeah, anything Audi puts on the PPI will be pre-existing and will not be covered under the warranty. Usually they pick it apart, but maybe let them know to "take it easy"....
    I bought the Fidelity warranty today through the Audi dealer, and to my surprise they didn't pick the car apart. The F&I guy drove the car, saw no sensors, looked under the hood and wrote the Platinum warranty. I must say I'm relieved. Reading this forum closely for the last month convinced me that a warranty was going to be essential. I'm not the DIY guy when it comes to car repairs... have a good indy nearby that will be doing all my maintenance, but I think the warranty was a must have and will pay for itself.

I did a ton of research on warranties and here are my big takeaways... hope this helps someone else:
    1. Beware of sub-par companies, and most are. Even if the contract looks good the question becomes will they pay and how long will they take - lots of horror stories out there. After too many hours of research and almost a bad decision I narrowed it down to Easy Care and Fidelity (written under lots of names... believe Costco's is the same carrier). Easy Care has a great reputation, but they were very expensive.
    2. Audi stealers will indeed write vehicles that were not purchased from them... I got some bad information in this regard, but as it turns out, Audi was my best bet... they have the most to lose by selling a bad product.
    3. The Audi stealers have room to move on the price... shopped a couple dealers and saved about $500... was still expensive, though.

Was at the dealer this morning having the fuel tank roll-over recall completed. Inquired about warranties. Was quoted $3531 for the 48/48 power-train only warranty ($250 deductible)...

Not sure if I'll bite?....... Still thinking.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Quote Originally Posted by 4.2Crew View Post
    Was at the dealer this morning having the fuel tank roll-over recall completed. Inquired about warranties. Was quoted $3531 for the 48/48 power-train only warranty ($250 deductible)...

Not sure if I'll bite?....... Still thinking.
    What mileage are you at?
    Does that include the turbos since they are attached to the engine?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

eanders,

not sure on Fidelity, but most VSC's have a buffer of ~1k miles before you can claim anything, so be sure to put miles on it quick to get out of that zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    What mileage are you at?
    Does that include the turbos since they are attached to the engine?
    I'm at 50k miles....

It includes the turbos....

eanders,

not sure on Fidelity, but most VSC's have a buffer of ~1k miles before you can claim anything, so be sure to put miles on it quick to get out of that zone.
    Since Fidelity inspects there is no waiting buffer of days / miles. I was expecting a 200 point inspection in the shop, but it was real basic... was happy with that.

I wish my beast wasn't salvage so I could get a warranty... Don't think I would trust any company offering one for salvage vehicles.