Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New RS6. 6 months. 578 hp or more. 220 lbs less than the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    i predict 95K USD. that is 10K less than S8 and 10k more than loaded S6.
    I think you are out a little, 5K below the S8 and 15K more than S6.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

+1 on 2017, Just in time for the platinum warranty to expire and I reach 60K miles.
    Inside joke with Ben.
    Mugello RS6,sound enhancing exhaust,solar sunroof,Platinum Coverage,Eurocharged ECU,MTM TCU ,TC, PSS9, Hotchkis front and rear,EBC Reds, Sportec vents,ACES IV,Fuel tank replaced.

It will be at least as much as the base S8 minimum based off of M and AMG pricing. I'm guessing base will be +110k and hopefully the option list will be short!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    95 K loaded, may be on the list.....
    Not hesitating here...its been a loooooong wait. 95K I'll take it in a second. Already asked to be on my dealers wait list in case its announced its coming. RS5 till then coming next month
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Would prefer the double clutch myself.

Forget manual, DSG is the way to go.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

a couple of weeks ago a new tire was hologates with R01 code in 21 inch: 275/30/21 in continental Sport Contact 5P.... now for me its for the coming RS6.... I dont' see it goign on any other audis (A7 And A8 reauired bigger diameter tire) and A4 A5, RS are already there and no 21inch there....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Hope there isn't a DRC in the 2013 RS6... just saying... the magnetic suspension would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by AUDI5000CSTQ View Post
    +1 on 2017, Just in time for the platinum warranty to expire and I reach 60K miles.
    Inside joke with Ben.

You aren't at 60k yet?!?! oh, wait... that is the "tire" thread right?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

It's been a decade since they've introduced the c5 and automatic trans. Personally, I am confident that they've learned from the issues with that trans and will do better next time. I would like a DSG. I agree that a manual is for smaller cars. I will likely worry if it's a single clutch.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Personally have no idea where you guys equate manual transmissions with smaller cars. For me, manuals will always provide an improved sense of driving irrespective of size or style of car. I've driven a DSG car and yes they shift well. Personally still prefer to be doing something with my other foot and hand though. I'm not an F1 driver where split seconds count, so feel fine knowing I can track any of my cars well with a well made manual and a good quality shifter & clutch.

The above aside, nothing we say nor opinions those of us on the boards have will influence one way or the other how the engineers and designers at Audi will go. Will simply need to wait and see what they offer. Either way, I hope they finally put some $ in to development of a tranny that can handle the power and then some right out of the box instead of being borderline okay like the 03 slushbox has been for the majority of owners.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down