Thread: Just installed my viper ecu/tcu...

Just installed my viper ecu/tcu...

and WOW! Rich at Viper told me that I did in fact have a Eurocharged ecu but it was one of the first ones and not very up to date (even tho the dude at eurocharge claims not to have my vin on file and blah blah blah) but anways, i can totally feel the difference when i floor it! its more of a violent whiplash than a head bob its like driving a different car!!! and the left foot braking is AMAZING! (but wont do it often so i dont F anything up) I am going to the drag strip Wednesday so im excited to see the time differences from a few weeks ago!

but the reason for posting this thread is to ask what the tcu chip does? lol
    im not sure if i can feel a difference in anything? but then again i dont know what im looking for?
    Last edited by makaveli42; July 21st, 2012 at 03:50.
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Not 100% sure on the coding for the TCU but if it is similar to the MTM TCU chip, it should hold the "D" RPM's up higher.

I would be interested in the turn around time and details of your Viper ECU/TCU flash installs.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Glad you are enjoying the Viper tune

@ben916, I am doing the Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune for £450 including DHL Express postage back to the USA/Canada.

I still can’t get over how quick DHL is, I dropped makaveli42’s ECU’s at DHL here and around 26 hours later he had them in his hands! I usually say 2 days but I guess it might depend on location in the US/Canada as well …

Of course if anyone needs a custom tune for their car I can also do this, I have a device which will allow us to custom tune the car remotely.

Cheers
    Rich
    Custom VAG Tuning on RS6's - Email rich at vipertuning.com for details

Question

Yeager turn around was crazy! I used the regular USPS to ship them to Iske Of Man because UPS and Fed Ex wanted waaaaaaay too much! And I dOnt have a DHL store near me. But once Rich got the package it was crazy fast!
    I highly recommend it and will for sure get an upgraded Viper tune when I get the time to mod the car a lot more!

Thanks again Rich, didn't know you were on this forum

I would love to see logs of this tune.

Rich, can you make provisions for water/meth injection? If so, what do you change in the tune?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    and WOW! Rich at Viper told me that I did in fact have a Eurocharged ecu but it was one of the first ones and not very up to date (even tho the dude at eurocharge claims not to have my vin on file and blah blah blah) but anways, i can totally feel the difference when i floor it! its more of a violent whiplash than a head bob its like driving a different car!!! and the left foot braking is AMAZING! (but wont do it often so i dont F anything up) I am going to the drag strip Wednesday so im excited to see the time differences from a few weeks ago!

but the reason for posting this thread is to ask what the tcu chip does? lol
    im not sure if i can feel a difference in anything? but then again i dont know what im looking for?

Welcome to Club Viper !!

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

is it possible to get the viper tuning without shipping your ecu? My car is my daily drive so I can't really be down for several days to ship out the ecu...
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Welcome to Club Viper !!
    Thank you thanks youm feels great to finally be in the club!!

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    is it possible to get the viper tuning without shipping your ecu? My car is my daily drive so I can't really be down for several days to ship out the ecu...

yes, they have a way of doing it but its more expensive i think...

yes, they have a way of doing it but its more expensive i think...
    Yeah you'll have to purchase the OBD flash hardware. Not too expensive, and if you ever plan to change the tune it's the way to go. Pays for itself in that case.
    03 RS6 Daytona Avant w/ cognac interior. Precat delete, Supersprint exhaust, FK Koni coilovers, Wagner ICs, MRC'd 546 bhp.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jcviggen1

I am going to the drag strip Wednesday so im excited to see the time differences from a few weeks ago!
    Giddy-up. Post a vid clip and timeslip so that we can live vicarioiusly through you.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    I thought you had the REVO???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I would love to see logs of this tune.
    If I had a vagcom I'd log.....

When I get one I'll log what u want me to

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Giddy-up. Post a vid clip and timeslip so that we can live vicarioiusly through you.
    I'll post slips for sure! I'll just be happy if I'm in the 12s!