Quote Originally Posted by terrytcl View Post
looks like i'm also getting a bunch of misfire and lean codes -

the only problem is that i have not gotten any of the -

17473 - Fuel Pressure Regulation
P1065 - 008 - Regulation Discrepancy

codes....

do you guys think that my transfer pump is going too?

i also get the
"It went from running fine to hesitation when pressing the accelerator. If you press the pedal, it will act like it's dying, but if you ramp up the speed slowly, it will keep going faster and faster. Interesting, the car runs even with a dead fuel pump."

if the car is warmed up, the car runs fine.... but, the car runs on safe mode in my opnion. no power under a certain load.

IDEAS?

My car runs runs fine unless I press the gas pedal. It idles fine when warmed up but still has the same issue when pressing the pedal.

One quick test is take out the fuse (I think 28) and see how if it runs any differently. Mine runs the same when the fuse is out.

A second slightly more difficult test is to unplug the transfer pump and see if it changes the issue. BUT, be super careful as the plug connection is very fragile. Alternatively, you can just check the voltage at the transfer pump without unplugging the wire. If the pump is getting 9-10V and not vibrating, it's not working. The voltage starts at battery level when you start the engine for about 1 sec and then drops to 9.xV until you are under heavy acceleration.