Hello All,

This is only the second (non tune) problem after a battery change for me. Otherwise the beast has been running great!

It went from running fine to hesitation when pressing the accelerator. If you press the pedal, it will act like it's dying, but if you ramp up the speed slowly, it will keep going faster and faster. Interesting, the car runs even with a dead fuel pump. To be specific this is the transfer/external fuel pump. The pump in the tank runs fine and vibrates the gas tank.

The culprit seems to be the electric connector. It is a pretty weak design. I will post pictures once I get all the parts off and exchanged. Basically, the connector wires attached to the pump body are encased in a relatively thin plastic casing. The wire is very short too, so if there is any play in the pump, it could cause the connecter body to snap off. In any case, the pump doesn't even run with direct power to it (with the connector totally snapped off), so I am not 100% sure which happened first. I guess a bad/loose connection could eventually kill the pump.

What are your suggestions for changing the transfer fuel pump? I would like to stay OE and away from modifying too much as the pump has worked fine for 68k.

The local dealer wants $840 for a new one. I found ECT Tuning has an after market part for $140 http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4...nce/ES2189784/

It looks like the ECT part needs some minor wiring modification, stripping, new connector and mounting.

Also worth mentioning, the screw and nut that held the fuel pump strap in place were fused together and I had to cut off the screw. Pretty weak design there too. The ECT pump comes with two new straps. And, I plan to add a couple of zip ties as backup.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for getting the OE pump (haven't totally disconnected the pump yet so if you have the part number handy I would appreciate it!) at a more reasonable price, any aftermarket pumps, or experience with the ECT pump.

For the sake of documenting the problem, I got the following 8 fault codes:
8 Faults Found:
17473 - Fuel Pressure Regulation
P1065 - 008 - Regulation Discrepancy
16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 001 - - MIL ON
16685 - Cylinder 1
P0301 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
16687 - Cylinder 3
P0303 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
16686 - Cylinder 2
P0302 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON