Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C6 RS6 wheels?

They claim to use the same materials and manufacturing processes as OEM, and in Germany. Hmmm.
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

Check my pics in #5:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...ht=#post231902

I bought these wheels off of ebay from vendor who specializes in refinishing wheels. They were $1200, and are factory Speedlines. They are 19 x 9 et33. They required adapters because the modern Audi hubcentric diameter is 66.1 mm, whereas the 2003 RS6 uses the older 57mm diameter. This was a non issue with H&R Trax adapters in the 8mm size. The spacer reduced offset from et 33 to et 25. With 255/35-19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, they fit perfectly.

Good Luck!
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

FYI - i have H&R TRAK+ adapters 10mm wide.

perfect if the wheels come with 66.6 hubs
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    Check my pics in #5:

I bought these wheels off of ebay from vendor who specializes in refinishing wheels. They were $1200, and are factory Speedlines. They are 19 x 9 et33. They required adapters because the modern Audi hubcentric diameter is 66.1 mm, whereas the 2003 RS6 uses the older 57mm diameter. This was a non issue with H&R Trax adapters in the 8mm size. The spacer reduced offset from et 33 to et 25. With 255/35-19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, they fit perfectly.

Good Luck!
    I would buy those on the spot right now and have a buddy in VA ship them to me! Damn.
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

Side profile (sorta dirty):

Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post

Side profile (sorta dirty):

Details?

Are they for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    Check my pics in #5:

Good Luck!
    Sent the seller a PM to see if he has access to any more!

Quote Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
    Details?

Are they for sale?
    Hartmann 19x8.5 et 25. I like them a lot.

Not for sale
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

No issues with my Hartmann's, service seems to be top notch, great build look and feel...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I bought a set of Hartmann wheels for my C7 S4, and they looked great when I first put them on, if the roads you drive on are like a pool table you may be ok, but when you get the first vibration, and the tire shops say it is in balance, the rim is bent. This persisted as I thought I found the bent rim, bought another rim, vibration persisted, then I realized I had only 1 round rim! 3 bent rims, and $100 to the alloy wheel repair guy per wheel, and I have round rims again, in the corner of the garage! I would never put $285 Hartmann wheels on a nice RS6, keep your OEM wheels as a back up if you can't resist the look, that way when your dismounting the wheels to get them round, you still have use of your car!

Damn, that sounds bad, maybe some of the wheel models are weaker than others?

Now that you mention it, I do have a small vibration, off and on, could be other things, tire shop said I was balanced and it was tire wear, hmmmmm......
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Ok, update.

The tire shop is taking my tires back at full credit, so I am now free to move to 19x8.5 or 19x9 etc.

I know I want these:

I am set on OEM "peelers" or take offs in silver. I need to bring the tire shop a set of wheels and whatever hub adaptersneeded to mount, balance and install.

Hartmanns or any other reps are out due to all the negative feedback all over the place.

Any idea on which car I should try and source these from? ET? 19x9 seems to be an optional wheel on the S4 and S5 stateside.

Thoughts or links to take offs that will work for our C5 RS6?

Thanks for the space guys!

I thought my vibration had to be the Dunlap tires were possibly crap, so I purchased some new PS2 Pilot Sports, had them mounted and balanced, the tire shop spin balance guys don't seem to give a crap other than get the weights on the rim and out the door. Back on the car brand new Pilot Sports and still vibration, extremely frustrating, especially after spending such money! So what I did was jack the tire so it is just clearing the garage floor by a couple millimeters, and spin with your eye close to the floor, and then I was able to easily see the wobble, on 3 rims, great! Sine I too decided 19 inch looked better, the tires were now useless to me on the OEM Avus 18's. I luckily found after about 2 years this alloy wheel guy who got all 3 within a couple thousand of a inch to round. Smooth again! I feel the China made look-a-like originals are going to please you, then let you down in a big way like they did me. I have the Hartmann RS4 look a like, the money of mounting, rebalancing, back and forth to the tire shops in search of the best balance guy, miles of vibration and frustration, I say go with a high quality product that is round and strong!

I am dead set on the OEM A5/S5 wheels. I think I need the ET 33 model.

8T0 601 025T

Now I just need to figure out exactly what trak adapter I need and which bolts (8mm I believe)

I just sourced a set of 19x9 ET33 take offs from a 0 mile A5!

$325 per wheel for OEM brand new WITH center caps. My tire guy is moving me to the appropriate 255/35 19 tires for $86 dollars! I am excited to say the least.

I need the correct hubcentric adapters and wheel bolts now and I am set. I called Hoppen Motosports to look into the MTM adapters and their phone number is out of service! No answer to email. Hmmm.

I headed over to H&R's website after no luck with MTM and H&R's site doesn't even RS6 available under their drop down menu?

Has anyone had issues with the H&R units?

Assuming I can find some!

Picked up just hubcentric rings. New tires are here. New wheels and rings are on the way. I will see how everything looks mounted up and decide if I need spacers.

Thanks all!

Done.

Factory 19x9 ET33 A5 speedline wheels. Huncentric adapters from Hartmann/Actuning. New 255 35/19 Continental Extreme Contact DWS.

It's like a new car. Used the old studs, no spacers. Looks fine, fit is great, car actually feels more stable. May just be the feeling, I don't know. But I LOVE them.

The 18x8.5 9 spokes will be for sale shorty. Gonna get them cleaned up.

Here we are... thanks to everyone for the information on here.

This car was my inspiration...

Well done, looking good!