Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C6 RS6 wheels?

C6 RS6 wheels?

Do they make C6 style wheels the same size as the stock 9 spoke C5 RS6 wheels?

I would love a set of these:

......but I just dropped $1,200 on new Conti Extreme Contact DWS for the factory wheels.

Anyone have photos of a red C5 RS6 with the C6 wheels or VMR 710s in silver to match the trim?

Thanks!
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I just spied these...

http://www.modbargains.com/Audi-C6-R...per-Silver.htm

Trash? Okay for a daily driver?

I would love to have my new tires mounted and balanced onto these wheels. I think I could sell my OEM C5 wheels and cover the cost!
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Thanks for the link.

The factory 9 spoke 18" C5 wheels are 18x8.5 correct?

I'm not seeing an 18x8.5 option with Hartmann. I have 255/40ZR18 tires I want to mate these new wheels with.

I really want to stay with these tires and I really don't want to have to VAGCOM the car to accept different sized wheels and correct speedo/odometer issues.

ET20? ET32?

I have a lot to learn about wheels, evidently!

I have this size, basically matching stock, but sticks out 5mm further than stock with the +25 offset, really nice build quality! So stock offset is 20 I will presume....
    18x8.50 5x112 +25 66.56
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I have this size, basically matching stock, but sticks out 5mm further than stock with the +25 offset, really nice build quality! So stock offset is 20 I will presume....
    18x8.50 5x112 +25 66.56
    You have 18x8.5 Hartmann wheels?

I don't see them listed. Hmmm.

Woops, not the model you are looking at, top of the page is what I've got....

Woops, not the model you are looking at, top of the page is what I've got....
    Gotcha. Those are nice.

Does anyone know if I would run into any issues with 18x8 rather than the 18x8.5 I have now with reusing these tires?

Stock offset is ~30. The lower the number, the closer the hub of the wheel is to the center of the rim, measured front to back. In other words, the hub is deeper, pushing the wheel out more.

Here is a wiki for ya:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_(wheel)
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
    Gotcha. Those are nice.

Does anyone know if I would run into any issues with 18x8 rather than the 18x8.5 I have now with reusing these tires?
    Your tires will fit, but there will be a slight negative stretch. If possible, stick with stock dimensions.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

IIRC, 255/40/18 will SAFELY fit 8" to 9" width rims.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Your tires will fit, but there will be a slight negative stretch. If possible, stick with stock dimensions.
    IIRC, 255/40/18 will SAFELY fit 8" to 9" width rims.
    I am either doing the C6 RS6 18x8 or VMR 710 in 18x8.5

The reps are $2-300 cheaper and were what I was originally wanting, but the VMR 710s can be had in 18x8.5 and surely look nice.

As long as the C6 reps in 18x8 will work on my current tires, I would like to do those. I can get the 18x8.0 ET35 5x112 C6 RS6 reps for $660 shipped. If they should safely work with my brand new 255/40ZR18 Contis I will be a happy man.

Stock offset is ~30. The lower the number, the closer the hub of the wheel is to the center of the rim, measured front to back. In other words, the hub is deeper, pushing the wheel out more.

Here is a wiki for ya:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_(wheel)
    Ha, thanks, I thought I might have it wrong....

I'm going to talk to the tire shop tomorrow about taking the 18s back and selling me 255/35 19s to go with some Hartmann 19 inch RS6 reps.

I want!

buyer beware hartmann quality, I have the forged rs/4 replicas and they have bent quite easily.