Thread: What's your 1/4 Mile time?

What's your 1/4 Mile time?

I have been looking for a thread of 1/4 mile times for other RS6s to compare mine with, and noticed there isn't a dedicated thread with them all in one place. I think it would proove useful to have one thread which we can update as necessary. This is just for fun and reference really, please add your times below, with a brief list of mods or just mark it 'stock'. It will be a useful resource to the forum, I believe. Without trying to sound like a Buzz Killington, let's try to keep discussion to a minuim on this thread so it can serve its purpose easier, or discuss away and I can update the times everytime someone posts on this post. (if that's possible).

1. Amar - 12.77 secs, 0-60 in 4.33 secs - MRC Stage 2 ECU & TCU, Full Milltek Race Downpipes and catback, stock ICs 530 BHP, 844 NM (1 Passenger)

and so on....
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM
    Past: V8 RS 6 plus, Sprint Blue, 126 of 999

12.68 -- APR ecu/tcu, Full miltek decatted, apikol IC's Apikol inlets, Snow performance BUT!!!!!! 5800 feet above sea level!

Quote Originally Posted by yokust View Post
    12.68 -- APR ecu/tcu, Full miltek decatted, apikol IC's Apikol inlets, Snow performance BUT!!!!!! 5800 feet above sea level!
    Whoa ! That's about 11.75 at sea level.

Remember your 60 foot? Do you have left foot braking?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Best 60 is a 2.0-2.1ish, launch the car is the hardest part, even more so up at altitude where the air is super thin and turbo lag is worse

And yes left foot brake, about 4-6psi is what I try to leave on

11.7 on pump/race gas mix. One off tune.
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; June 25th, 2012 at 07:55.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

what were your 1/8th ETs? I'm down to 2.0 seconds flat 0-60ft but can't get better than 8.6 in the 1/8th. I'm over 90mph at that point though; I'm wondering if I can go sub-12 when I can finally get on a full-length 1/4 mile track.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Amar, for better launches, just have MRC add left foot braking for you so the boost doesn't drop when your on the brakes.

Launch issues solved.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

MRC said they can add that no problem at all, but said it won't be kind to my TC/Box. I will only use it now and them though so what the heck, I want that and meth. Let's see if I can get 11s.
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM

They're right. It's not good for the box. If you do it all the time. Just don't do it all the time and you're gonna be alright. An ACE TC would go well with your mods anyway

Will probably go ACE if (when) mine blows up. Or maybe trade up before then. MRC's development B8 S4 ran about 30 times across the two days at the event I was at and did low 3 seconds to sixty and 11.8-9 1/4 mile runs all day long, it isn't even finished yet, so will be quicker still, just a map, smaller pulley and exhuast. It made mince meat of the Revo/Statis tuned B8 S4, can't wait for them to finish that package as I'd consider a B8 S4 now, they didn't use any launch technique eitheir, just foot on throttle!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    11.7 on pump/race gas mix. One off tune.
    Is that on the BLUE one?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Is that on the BLUE one?
    Yes indeed.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Hi Amar,

check out this website for RS6 quarter mile times.

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

john

Running APR 100 map running race gas (US100 octane rating) , MTM tcu, Wagners, standard exhaust, ITG air filters.

1/4 mile - 12.596 secs, terminal speed 113 mph. 0-60ft 2.115 secs.

1/8 mile (660 ft) - 8.25 secs and 90.0 mph.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDI C5 RS6 12.5 SE&.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	12728  

Quote Originally Posted by aussie rs6 View Post
    Running APR 100 map running race gas (US100 octane rating) , MTM tcu, Wagners, standard exhaust, ITG air filters.

1/4 mile - 12.596 secs, terminal speed 113 mph. 0-60ft 2.115 secs.

1/8 mile (660 ft) - 8.25 secs and 90.0 mph.

nice run mate!!!! was that just wait for green and apply throttle ? or did you load her up a bit...john
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    nice run mate!!!! was that just wait for green and apply throttle ? or did you load her up a bit...john
    Hi Johnnie27,

With the C5 RS6, loaded up the trans using the duck foot rat technique.

The critical thing is to release the brake on third load up and acclerate away at the same time before the revs drop again. Mind you, better put an order in for an ACE/517 TC and trans rebuild if you do this too much.

With the C6 RS6 and its different transmission to the C5, you dont need to use a duck foot rat technique. You can hold the revs at about 2,500rpm with the brake and then release and accelerate. This way I have achieved consistent 0-60 ft of 1.87 secs and 1/4 mile time of 11.75 secs, run after run with no heat soak. 11.775 secs with passenger. http://www.motorplex.com.au/news.php...d=1085&pg=home

If you are really brave and unsympathetic to your C6 RS6 beast, you can leave electronic handbrake on and just floor it and the handbrake releases!

john

Quote Originally Posted by aussie rs6 View Post
    Hi Johnnie27,

With the C5 RS6, loaded up the trans using the duck foot rat technique.

The critical thing is to release the brake on third load up and acclerate away at the same time before the revs drop again. Mind you, better put an order in for an ACE/517 TC and trans rebuild if you do this too much.

With the C6 RS6 and its different transmission to the C5, you dont need to use a duck foot rat technique. You can hold the revs at about 2,500rpm with the brake and then release and accelerate. This way I have achieved consistent 0-60 ft of 1.87 secs and 1/4 mile time of 11.75 secs, run after run with no heat soak. 11.775 secs with passenger. http://www.motorplex.com.au/news.php...d=1085&pg=home

If you are really brave and unsympathetic to your C6 RS6 beast, you can leave electronic handbrake on and just floor it and the handbrake releases!

john
    wow John , your having one hell of a fun time mate! well done..thats what life is about after all

thanks for the news glad your doing well mate...and thanks for the feedback...
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Frikkin 13.96 bone stock and no duck rat foot boosting. Slow as crap lol