Thread: Mercedes launches SLS AMG GT!

Lightbulb Mercedes launches SLS AMG GT!

And there you were, smugly believing the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG was as powerful as it could be. Ha! This is the new Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, and it is more powerful.

This revised 'GT' version of Mercedes' flagship car - which is now the only SLS you can actually buy -generates 591hp, 479lb ft of torque and a 0-62mph time of 3.7 seconds; an entire tenth of a second quicker than its ageing, underpowered, dowdy, predecessor.

Elsewhere, deep inside the barking heart of the SLS AMG GT lurks a revised AMG ride control sports suspension: stiffer springs and dampers meet twin aluminium wishbones all round, while the ‘comfort' mode has been binned. ‘Sport', says Merc, is acceptable for say, some rural roads or "the legendary North Loop of the Nürburgring", while ‘Sport Plus' helps you achieve "ambitious lap times" on a circuit. Quite.

The seats have an embossed badge on the headrests, there's Alcantara, contrast stitching and a high-gloss black trim on the door panels and centre console. Prices start at €204,680 for the GT coupe, rising to €213,010 for the GT Roadster. Gullwing or drop-top? And, looking into our pool of wishful thinking, if/when they build an SLS AMG GT Black Series, what kind of firepower will that be packing?

Gallery: http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/mer...led-2012-06-06

Link: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/m...-gt-2012-06-06

Yes, I'd have one please.

in the us a little less power

but the mp4 just got a raise to 618 and would rape this car for the same price. neither looks great but id take the mclarry
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    but the mp4 just got a raise to 618 and would rape this car for the same price. neither looks great but id take the mclarry
    A tough choice between them for sure. But damn I like the SLS. Such a cool car...

I used to think the SLS was a stupid car, now I love it.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail