Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: definitive tire, wheel, and offset thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Wait Gary, so I knew you were somehow in the auto biz but, are you a dealer for certain wheels? If so PM me your info.
    Yes, for the one's mentioned so far. Working on other brands also. What are you looking for?

PM'd.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    OE tires are 255/40's, O_E.

(Even the C5-A6 4.2 uses 255's)
    Thanks, was thinking tread width not section width, and tires from a different vehicle. I guess we can tell who got an early start on St. Patrick's Day!

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Here's my RS6 with 20" x 9" Sportec Mono 10 (forged) wheels. ET35
    I'm running 275/30/20 tires, and due to the more squared shoulder of this Toyo T1S, I've had to run a 5mm spacer to bring the offset to the proper ET30. It was rubbing on the nub of the control arm.

I'm going to play around with some spacers that I ordered and see if I can't find that fine line between getting them out to the edge, but not rubbing or having to roll the fenders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3818.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	16187Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3819.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	16188

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Here's my RS6 with 20" x 9" Sportec Mono 10 (forged) wheels. ET35
    I'm running 275/30/20 tires, and due to the more squared shoulder of this Toyo T1S, I've had to run a 5mm spacer to bring the offset to the proper ET30. It was rubbing on the nub of the control arm.

I'm going to play around with some spacers that I ordered and see if I can't find that fine line between getting them out to the edge, but not rubbing or having to roll the fenders.

Name:	IMG_3818.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	16187Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3819.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	16188
    Purrrrrdy! How's the ride on 30 series / 20" rims? I've been debating looking at 255/35/19 setup to get a bit more clearance around the caliper, but anything that lowers the total weight is crazy expensive (more than I'm spending on a commuter vehicle for the wife), while lighter weight 20's are coming in cheaper...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Yes, for the one's mentioned so far. Working on other brands also. What are you looking for?

PM'd.
    I don't use facebook, what brands do you sell?
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Purrrrrdy! How's the ride on 30 series / 20" rims? I've been debating looking at 255/35/19 setup to get a bit more clearance around the caliper, but anything that lowers the total weight is crazy expensive (more than I'm spending on a commuter vehicle for the wife), while lighter weight 20's are coming in cheaper...

O_E
    The tires that I bought with the wheels were 245/30/20. The ride was quite rough. They were Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. they had a very low sidewall, and quite a rounded shoulder. Again, not a good ride, but I was going to tough it out. Fortunately, I hit a pothole and was forced to replace the tires. At 275/30, there's quite a bit more sidewall, and as such, the ride is great. The squared shoulder of the T1S should offer significantly more rim protection as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    I don't use facebook, what brands do you sell?
    The page should be visible to anyone (now). https://www.facebook.com/groups/Perf...reWheelReview/

The list is long and wide....most anything-- including anything from TireRack. Can dropship from them on bigger orders to also save shipping costs. Some high end wheel companies require a Buy In to setup a wholesale account. I can do this for people who want a specific wheel. Either way will save some on overall costs. Maybe even avoiding sales tax.

Generally I am focusing on closeout items, or high value/quality wheels and tires. Right now I have a set of Bremmer Kraft 19x10 ET35 10 spoke wheels. And blowout prices on matching tires. Admittedly this fitment is extreme and will take some coaxing. Think "Stanced".

Been working with Forgestar wheels, on behalf of a RS6 owner who wanted 18's. We found a classic 18x9 (or 8.5), 5 spoke flow-form forged in the USA made wheel will fit the RS6. There's custom offsets, colors, treatments (polishing, paint), w/o breaking the bank. Well under $500 per. Right about 21-21.5lbs depending on ET, and plenty strong. Almost bet the ride quality improves with such a weight loss. Downside is lead time is typically 4-6 weeks.

http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelscf5.php

Prices haven't changed since 2009, which is impressive. See how long that holds out.

I might be able swing some sort of group buy. Or ply some friendly pressure to reduce production time on a handful of RS6 specific wheel sets.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Just got my OZ Superturismo LMs in matte grey, they are 19x9.5 with a 30mm offset and I mounted 275/30/19 Sumitomo HTRZIII's. They fit perfect w/out a spacer and drives 10x better than my old 20" OZ Ultraleggara's

Name:	IMG_7012.JPG 
Views:	277 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	16362Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7021.JPG 
Views:	287 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	16363Attachment 16365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6991.JPG 
Views:	275 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	16367
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7015.JPG 
Views:	238 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	16364  

18x8.5 offset 32 will fit right? Those 2 mm's aren't a dealbreaker right?
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

18x8.5 offset 32 will fit right? Those 2 mm's aren't a dealbreaker right?
    1/8th inch closer to the strut, not a dealbreaker so long as you're not running wider tires / lowered suspension. What kinda goodies are you looking at?

O_E

BBC RC's that are painted black. Going for weight savings...
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.

Can anyone help me with a quick calculation?

I have a set of 18x8.5" +45 front and 18x9.5" +45 rear Prodrive GC-012L forged wheels left from my Subaru. Stock wheels are apparently 18x8.5 +30?

The Prodrives are 5x100 so I'd need adapter spacers and I'm not sure how they'd look with 255-width tires on staggered wheels, but if I were to make them work, what size adapter/spacer would make them sit pretty flush? The fronts are about 15mm higher in offset than stock and the rears should be 10.4mm lower if my math is correct. I paid a good amount for these special-order wheels and they're lightweight and look incredible, so I'd love to not have to sell them at a loss and instead re-purpose them on the Audi (if possible).

On ECS Tuning's website I see I can opt for 20, 25, or 30mm adapters. Should I perhaps go 30mm up front and 20mm in the rear, or...?
    Last edited by Turbowned; May 22nd, 2015 at 16:54.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Can anyone help me with a quick calculation?

I have a set of 18x8.5" +45 front and 18x9.5" +45 rear Prodrive GC-012L forged wheels left from my Subaru. Stock wheels are apparently 18x8.5 +30?

The Prodrives are 5x100 so I'd need adapter spacers and I'm not sure how they'd look with 255-width tires on staggered wheels, but if I were to make them work, what size adapter/spacer would make them sit pretty flush? The fronts are about 15mm higher in offset than stock and the rears should be 10.4mm lower if my math is correct. I paid a good amount for these special-order wheels and they're lightweight and look incredible, so I'd love to not have to sell them at a loss and instead re-purpose them on the Audi (if possible).

On ECS Tuning's website I see I can opt for 20, 25, or 30mm adapters. Should I perhaps go 30mm up front and 20mm in the rear, or...?
    Front: Your new setup would be 15mm closer to the strut
    Rear: Your new setup would be 27.7mm closer to the strut

Fronts you'll want 20mm if you can't find 15mm, but you'll need to roll your fender lip just a hair if you're lowered.
    Rears, go for 30mm for the stock look plus a tenth of an inch

Stagger your tire setup! 255/40/18 on the front is within .4% rolling diameter (well under the margin of error) of 295/35/18 on the rear, and the tires will have a better approach angle on those 9.5 wheels, good squared shoulders almost equivalent to the 255's in the front.

O_E

Maannn those prodrives with some concave on the RS.... droolll

BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

would you guys ever run wobble bolts for 5x114.3 wheel to our 5x112 pattern?

would you guys ever run wobble bolts for 5x114.3 wheel to our 5x112 pattern?
    I'd rather run an adapter than wobble bolts. You're putting a lot of strain on the mounting hardware putting it off-center like that, and 450lb/ft of torque is a lot of shearing force... Not that much difference in price between the two options, either.

O_E

But with adapters I effectively run a big spacer right? So say, for argument , there is a nice pair of forged 18x8.5 et 30 forged wheels out there ...15mm spacer/adapters would push those out too far right...

But with adapters I effectively run a big spacer right? So say, for argument , there is a nice pair of forged 18x8.5 et 30 forged wheels out there ...15mm spacer/adapters would push those out too far right...
    Correct, the spacers would effectively decrease the offset by the thickness of the spacer. You would effectively be running 18x8.5et15

O_E