Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: definitive tire, wheel, and offset thread

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    What's the load index on those tires?

There's screws under the front lip (12 o'clock) that can be removed. Curious how the fender rolling works out. I can't see how it can be rolled anymore w/o damaging paint.....please update if you have that done.
    I've had my front fenders rolled and no issues with paint cracking. You just have to make sure you heat up the fender/paint with a heat gun before rolling. I also removed some of the fender liner underneath at 12 o'clock. Had no rubbing with 19x9.5 et25 275/30/19 PSS's. However I switched wheels and now have an et23 and rub slightly on sharp corners.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Clever process. Didn't think it was practical to roll them more.

Switched from RE11's to PSS, same size. The PSS have a smaller OD (1/4" or so) and are a few MM narrower. Now have 3-4mm between tire and upright. Was about 2mm with RE11's. Good thing the wheel bearings aren't worn (replaced) anymore.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2000c43 View Post
    I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I have not found the exact answer. I have an RS6 with stock oem 18" wheels and tires and factory ride height. I would like to purchase ECS Tuning spacers and don't know how big of a spacer would work without rubbing on the front. I think that kismetcapitan's RS6 looks great. I know he is running 10mm spacers front and rear, but he has lowering springs and therefore needed to roll the front fender lip and cut the plastic liner to avoid rubbing. If I do not have a lowered ride height and do not want to roll the fenders, what would be the maximum spacer with the stock 18" wheels and tires? I feel like 10mm front and 10mm back would work with a factory ride height and factory wheels and tires, but I am not sure. ECS spacers come in 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, and 15mm increments.
    I installed 5mm spacers front and rear with 14x1.5x33mm ball seat wheel bolts from ECS Tuning. My car has factory 18" wheels with a recent Koni Sport "DIY" shock replacement. It is not a very agressive spacer setup but I didn't want to have to roll fenders or have any rubbing. So far so good and I think the look is much improved even with a relatively "mild" spacer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	15469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	15471  

I installed 5mm spacers front and rear with 14x1.5x33mm ball seat wheel bolts from ECS Tuning. My car has factory 18" wheels with a recent Koni Sport "DIY" shock replacement. It is not a very agressive spacer setup but I didn't want to have to roll fenders or have any rubbing. So far so good and I think the look is much improved even with a relatively "mild" spacer.
    Nice! Think I'll do that when I put the stock ones on for winter. My summer wheels, while measuring stock, have a 5mm offset, really a nice fit. Why the different wheel bolts, they grab a few more threads?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks lswing! The bolts are longer than stock to accommodate the spacer and have enough threads to hold the wheel safely. ECS matches the spacers with the correct size bolts in their kits.

Quick update. I purchased 10mm ECS spacers with 14x1.5x40mm Ball Seat Wheel Bolts for a more aggressive look. The added benefit of the 10mm spacer is that it is hubcentric which helps eliminate any chance of vibration. I love the look even more with the 10mm spacer. My car has stock wheels and tires and the DIY Koni Suspension Modification. There is the smallest of rubbing on the inner fender at full steering lock. I can't even hear it in the car and doesn't seem to be a problem or bother me. Overall super happy and very pleased with ECS.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4...ers/ES2649762/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141008_231259983_iOS.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	15587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141008_231219491_iOS.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	15588  

Would these fit? Says for audi RS6 but then disclosures in red say not for 4.2 V8...wtf

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301294347753?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true

Quote Originally Posted by vas160s View Post
    Would these fit? Says for audi RS6 but then disclosures in red say not for 4.2 V8...wtf

Odds are those will bend or crack under the weight, please for your sake don't put such cheap wheels on this car. I went with Hartmann Reps, although some mixed reviews, but have been solid. Around $1,000 for a set, and that's about as low quality as I would go.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by vas160s View Post

18x8 with 45 offset is going to rub those calipers something fierce. Would need major spacers (think 25mm+), and it's a narrow rim to begin with, so your tires would bulge out pretty far beyond the barrel. Highly not-recommended!
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Yeah I knew there was something fishy here...thanks

Bumping this, just wanted to make sure before I order them...

19x9.5 ET35... I'm probably just going to use a 275-30-19 Falken XL tire (found a good deal on them) to get things started.

I was trying to determine what size spacers I will need from this thread... I'm thinking just 5mm (although I wish they made 6mm or 7mm) Thoughts?

Car is lowered pretty good right now, might have to de-nub??
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

5mm is perfect with that size tire
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Quick update. I purchased 10mm ECS spacers with 14x1.5x40mm Ball Seat Wheel Bolts for a more aggressive look. The added benefit of the 10mm spacer is that it is hubcentric which helps eliminate any chance of vibration. I love the look even more with the 10mm spacer. My car has stock wheels and tires and the DIY Koni Suspension Modification. There is the smallest of rubbing on the inner fender at full steering lock. I can't even hear it in the car and doesn't seem to be a problem or bother me. Overall super happy and very pleased with ECS.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4...ers/ES2649762/
    This looks great! Screw getting new wheels for a while; I'm just gonna go with spacers. Thanks for sharing!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Hi, Me again... Ok, Sorry but I'm still shopping for something I think i'll like with this damn widebody car...

20x10 ET30..... WILL IT BLEND! ahaha (Gulp* tire size?)
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    Hi, Me again... Ok, Sorry but I'm still shopping for something I think i'll like with this damn widebody car...

Eww, stick with 19" please thanks bye
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Aww come on now it won't be anything ugly I promise!

Although I do hate stretched tires and I like at least a 35 sidewall, as I like the "meaty" look, trying to have my cake and eat it too I guess.

Can anyone confirm a 275-35-19 will work on a 9.5 ET30 ? I could possibly raise the car a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post

20's will be a rough rough ride man...and lacking on acceleration and handling. 19's are a big step up already. I know it gets treated as a show car sometimes, but you would be much happier driving with 19's max. Best of luck!

My last car was an XJR on OEM BBS 20's with 30 series tires... wasn't really too bad and that car is heavy also?

Few cars in this thread are on 20's and they look pretty good even with a small drop.