Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: definitive tire, wheel, and offset thread

None of those will work, less S4 offset more RS4 offset.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Yea that is 28MM closer to suspension...don't think that would work...
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Spacers!!!
    RS6-03: Milltek, ModTurbos, WagnerIC, Mtm 380, PSS9, Rs6 9,5x21", OZ 10x19", Hotchkis...
    RS2-94: Stroker 2,5L, Precision, CatCam, JE, Tial, Nira, H&R, MTM 8,5x18"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	17029Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a9.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	17030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0258.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	17031
    Hartmann 19x8.5 ET25 - Bridgestone 255 35 19. No spacers, no rubbing ever

Quote Originally Posted by joe180 View Post
    Hartmann 19x8.5 ET25 - Bridgestone 255 35 19. No spacers, no rubbing ever
    Gorgeous!!!

That is a good fitment

Morr wheels 19*9 et 35 tires are Michelin PSS 255/35/19

ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Wow, nice.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Those Morr's are my favorite wheel for sure. VS8.2's?

yes they are the 8.2's.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
    Those Morr's are my favorite wheel for sure. VS8.2's?
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    yes they are the 8.2's.
    I'm now thinking about selling the MORR wheels if anyone is interested. Asking 1800 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    I'm now thinking about selling the MORR wheels if anyone is interested. Asking 1800 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.
    Price drop to $1600

Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post

My wheels = RS4 19x9 ET 29, car is all stock DRC height etc.
    CBeau do you have any pictures (or can anyone find a generic photo of the RS6 running RS4 OEM wheels)? I'm looking at a set of RS4 wheels for my winter setup. TIA
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    CBeau do you have any pictures (or can anyone find a generic photo of the RS6 running RS4 OEM wheels)? I'm looking at a set of RS4 wheels for my winter setup. TIA
    Fellow member car from a while back.

Name:	19x9 et29 OE RS4.jpg 
Views:	941 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	17742
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Thanks Bigglezworth Got the set of RS4 wheels & they came to me in excellent shape with 255 35 19 Dunlop SP winter sport 3D tires. The wheels look and fit great, the tires are kind of loud guess will have to get used to it seems to be the trade off for having traction in the snow.

To offer a data point for others, I will say the OEM RS4 wheels are an improvement in that they fit right up sans the hub centric bore adapter rings and spacers required to run the later generation "peelers", so that is a plus when going over bumps etc feels slightly more solid.

Still need to acquire the correct center caps, anyone know where to find those?

Before:

Name:	20161203_005205_resized.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	17770

After:

Name:	20161202_205731_resized.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	17769
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    CBeau do you have any pictures (or can anyone find a generic photo of the RS6 running RS4 OEM wheels)? I'm looking at full set of RS4 wheels for my winter setup. TIA

Sorry I just now saw your request... but yes mine look pretty just like that. Mine came with center caps. They do fit great. I deal with wheels a lot and those are very high quality and strong in my semi-qualified opinion.

My car is same color as yours too. I want some kind of nice splitter for front. I don't drive it much but still it needs a little tasteful something to finish the front off. Was following a group buy thread on here while ago but nothing ever came of it. These cars are getting old!! Young kids look at it as a total classic.... which it is.

I have just read this lengthy but very informative article & appreciate all I've learnt so I thought I would add my details & setup in case it gives someone a perspective they're looking for. This is my machine, and it is on its original wheels 19 x 9 ET35 which I believe is the European set up even though I'm way down in the antipodes, Christchurch, New Zealand which just below & to the right of Australia in case your wondering,... think All Blacks, Rugby, & the Haka etc. I have had the failed DRC replaced with Bilstein adjustables so that allows me to set the ride height how i like it, which is quite low compared to some others I see here. The only issue I've got is slight rub on inside of front guards when turning full lock, but no issues any other time even when driving to the limit on tight winding hills. I to was wanting to change my wheels & have been wanting a very nice set of RC10 Rohanna's from the USA as I'm very keen on a very deep dish look with wheels set to the outer edge of the guards. I was almost going to risk 20" but this article has convinced me to stick with 19 x 9.5 with a ET31. I hadn't realised the ride & drivability compromise, this car needs every bit of help it can get to go around corners at pace. Not sure when budget will allow this but once complete I'll post some pic's.

Name:	RS6.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	17785

Nate Dog nice, love those euro 19'S on your RS6!

I got my center caps for the RS4 wheels w/ winter tire set up I'm running. Bring on the snow!!!