Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Group buy aluminum shift paddles (Note: from 2016 DEAD)

Hybrid View

Group buy aluminum shift paddles (Note: from 2016 DEAD)

Since I am officially back in the fold, I reached out to Dominic. He is the chap that made the original aluminum paddle shifts for our cars.

We have gone back to the original machinist, and believe we can do an order with a minimum of 30 pieces.

With the recent success of the brake cooling ducts group buy, I thought it mint be worth a try.

These are excellent quality cnc milled aluminum shift paddles.

Until we have a final count, I can't give an exact price, but it will fall between $220 - $250 shipped to CONUS.

If you are interested, reply to this thread. If we can get to 25, I may eat the remaining sets to make this work.

I love the power of what we can collectively do!

I will find a photo and edit this post later...

Warm regards,

Stephen

I will be #1.
    If the price to my door is under $300, I am in.

Call me stupid, but where is CONUS?

I thought you might mean Continental United States, aka 48 states. Correct?
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

If anyone needs photos of them installed, let me know.
    Install is super easy
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    If anyone needs photos of them installed, let me know.
    Install is super easy
    Ben, I am out of the country right now, can you post a photo in this thread please?

Thanks,

Stephen

Honey, I thought you'd never ask.

I am in.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue, Wagner IC's, Hotchkis, MTM Bimoto 19", RNS-E

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    Since I am officially back in the fold, I reached out to Dominic. He is the chap that made the original aluminum paddle shifts for our cars.

We have gone back to the original machinist, and believe we can do an order with a minimum of 30 pieces.

With the recent success of the brake cooling ducts group buy, I thought it mint be worth a try.

These are excellent quality cnc milled aluminum shift paddles.

Until we have a final count, I can't give an exact price, but it will fall between $220 - $250 shipped to CONUS.

If you are interested, reply to this thread. If we can get to 25, I may eat the remaining sets to make this work.

I love the power of what we can collectively do!

I will find a photo and edit this post later...

Warm regards,

Stephen
    i'm keen ..no idea what they look like though sorry..will decide once a pic is up ..john

ps these will fit a Mk1 TT too right , maybe you x-post this to help w/ the numbers??
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Okay, so that makes three so far
    Dcsweet
    StephenCL
    GregoryIndiana

They look great. Count me in.

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, what you mean?

Perfect...Thanks....Johnnie, are you in? I think I can keep the post to Australia very reasonable.... If we can get to 30, I think we will hit the $220 range. So far, we are only 4.....

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    Perfect...Thanks....Johnnie, are you in? I think I can keep the post to Australia very reasonable.... If we can get to 30, I think we will hit the $220 range. So far, we are only 4.....

Stephen
    i am a straight up kinda guy, i feel the shape aint that pretty (a bit like elephant ears) i guess i could re-shape them thou...i'm not out ..give me 24 hrs

also if they will fit other audi's from the same era you should post in those forums too, this may help w/ the minimums you need, as i still cant believe only 6 dudes wanted that carbon bar!! very shocked...
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

I agree on shape.. in if we can get a spot on design. lets dig for examples..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Shifter shape

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    I agree on shape.. in if we can get a spot on design. lets dig for examples..

Folks, this is really not a design excercise. This was an existing item that I am trying to get re-made. I am not in control of the cad files, and I feel the design addresses the inherent weakness of being able to shift from anywhere on the wheel.

These are a very tricky item to reproduce due to the pins and flanges that need to be perfectly aligned to work correctly.

I have seen other designs. One from OSIR, that really just mimics the stock item in aluminum. They are not made for our cars. There is also a full carbon set out there, but they run about 700 and are even longer blades.

I am not offended by the comments, just not really in a position to change the design.

Stephen

Did I say I'm in? … yeah, yeah… I'm in.
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners

We are now at 4.....certainly there has to be others that have longed for these....I sure sold the 5 sets that I had a couple years ago, really, really fast...

Thanks everyone.

Stephen

I am in!
    SOLD - 2003 RS6 Black on Black / SE / Solar / Carbon / APR ECU + TCU / Wagner Intercoolers / Fog light delete / RNS-E / LED tails / Clear Corners / Sportek Cooling / itg filters /

I love how fast we picked up Number 5....Thanks!