Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mugello RS on eBay

Mugello RS on eBay

Ok, I don't hate to hate, but my have to share my experience.

Mugello Blue RS on eBay expired 2 days ago. Just like mine with the silver interior. He wanted 18K with 109 on the clock. Wife didn't know but I offered 15 with no docs for the trans or T/C. Trans may or may not make it home hence my offer. Top bid was 13.5 before the bid closed.

Got told to "F off" by text.

Am I out of line? I've got a hard shell....throw stones...

That is a very lowball offer unless it says in the ad that it has a bad trans. Otherwise the trans maybe fine and that is a pretty insulting offer.
    www.jsmotorcar.com

I disagree - $3K off the ask doesn't seem out of line to me...

Seller could have just as easily been motivated and happily to make a quick sale. If you don't take the shot, you never know if you could have scored.

My $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Justin9212 View Post
    That is a very lowball offer unless it says in the ad that it has a bad trans. Otherwise the trans maybe fine and that is a pretty insulting offer.
    /
    So if the trans fails on the way home I eat it and I'm a sucker at 18, but if it is good and I get it for 15 I'm a dick? Just want to know what I am.

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Just want to know what I am.
    A lunatic for not consulting your wife
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    A lunatic for not consulting your wife
    But she already knows that! And yet, she's still here

I vote that you reply to the text lowering your offer by $1 for swearing. When he replies with more f-bombs (etc.), post it, so we can all have a good laugh!

I guess that's why I posted this. I've done a lot of deals (cars/condos/land) and have never ever been sweared at for a low ball offer. It's just business. None of us need this car to exist and lead a happy life. I thought it was quite unprofessional. He can swear all he wants, I'd still take it at 15. But no one feels bad for the guy who eats one with a bad trans that he buys for 20. Interesting psychology.

I don't think you're the bad guy at all. I offered $5k under the BIN price and didn't meet reserve. A day later, the seller emailed me an offer to split the difference, and I drove it home that weekend. I guess I was lucky, there was no swearing involved.

It is just business after all. No need to get nasty, but it is easy to do that when you probably will never meet face to face. Internet tough guys make me smile.

[QUOTE=bmlee007;234412}. I offered $5k under the BIN price and didn't meet reserve. A day later, the seller emailed me an offer to split the difference, and I drove it home that weekend. I guess I was lucky,.[/QUOTE]

Did you get this one, or another? Either way, congrats!

No, it was in reference to my purchase last year. I was sitting in a hotel room after work, stuck in Detroit's taint, AKA Toledo, Oh. Just for kicks I went on ebay and searched RS6. Found one almost local that was ending in a couple days, and put in the offer as a "nothing ventured, nothing gained" idea. When the auction ended I was the high bidder but didn't meet the reserve, so I figured I'd move on to the next one. Then I got an email the next day, and we set up a meet for the weekend. Went and checked it out, everything was cool, got a plate for it that day and drove it home. Had to wait for state inspection, so I left it at home and went back to Toledo. It was the only thing that kept me sane there over the next couple weeks.

An RS that kept you sane....wish mine would! Although, we had a great day today Nothing better than tossing the keys to some one and saying "have fun"!!

This is the internet so you really have nothing until you get to see it/feel it/touch it/beat on it (yes, I AM referring to the BEAST and nothing else).
    You probably bruised his e-penis with the low offer...

You could reply back and state the reason for the offer and appeal to a sense of guilt towards the lack of records...
    Then if he f-bombs you again, make sure you get the VIN so we can ... er.... um... "watch it".... yeah watch it....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Just a guess, but I bet seller thought you were one of the bidders who would not bid on ebay, and then followed up with an offer in the middle once auction was over. Honestly, while I would not have dropped an f-bomb, if I was not very motivated to sell, I would decline your offer and ask you to bid on ebay next time.
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

Guess I was in a mood that the attitude rubbed me the wrong way, and hey, I had a place to vent! This way the wife didn't have to listen to me.

Thanks y'all....

I make it clear in anything that I advertise that it's either OBO, or firm. I am also clear to not contact me with lowball offers. That noted I would have been insulted, but that's because I would have been up front about the offer.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

My offer and position was very clear, and just in case any one has misconceptions about what their RS is worth.

KBB high retail is $20.7, High private party is $17.9, High trade is $15.2. This is for an RS with history and records.

Giving $18.0 for an RS with no records and $6000 worth of deferred maintenance? Doesn't seem smart to me. Even at $15.0 with $6000 of maintenance to do, I'd been in the hole on high retail. Glad he didn't bite. Whew.

It's just business As soon as you become "insulted" you lose the deal. I've got land/condos/cars for sale that I would be tickled to get an offer on, ANY offer. And I surely wouldn't consider 22-23% below asking as insulting. It's a place to start negotiations.