Thread: APR chip question- can't reprogram...

APR chip question- can't reprogram...

I was out of town last week while my car was getting a new alternator, which presumably involved a battery disconnect. My son picked the car up for me and this morning as I took it out, it was clear it was not running my prior tune. When I tried to access the chip functions on the cruise control stalk, nada. Can't get it to accept any input. Of course I'll check in with the shop on Monday, but any thoughts on what may be going on? I presume I am running stock mode again, and as nice as that is, I miss those extra horses...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

You probably need to enter your security code. It is probably locked out due to the battery disconnect. If you need the instructions to enter the code, let me know. You will need to know your specific code that was set when the APR was installed.

Edit:
    Here is the link on APR's site for the unlock procedure

http://www.goapr.com/support/emcs/mk4-on-off-res.php
    210K miles rolled

That's the ticket! Thanks, didn't realize that disconnecting the battery would reset the chip back to nominal, locked status. Back at full power
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    You probably need to enter your security code. It is probably locked out due to the battery disconnect. If you need the instructions to enter the code, let me know. You will need to know your specific code that was set when the APR was installed.

Edit:
    Here is the link on APR's site for the unlock procedure

http://www.goapr.com/support/emcs/mk4-on-off-res.php
    Saving lunch money now....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared