Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: anyone close to this car?

A "look" at the car (aside from CarFax, vag and general condition) won't tell you a thing. Plan on 5k for deferred maintenance at least if you can't do it yourself. Spend less and you'll be happy. If you don't plan on the 5k in maintenance, don't have it or can't afford it, you'll wind up with a really nice piece of yard art.

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    A "look" at the car (aside from CarFax, vag and general condition) won't tell you a thing. Plan on 5k for deferred maintenance at least if you can't do it yourself. Spend less and you'll be happy. If you don't plan on the 5k in maintenance, don't have it or can't afford it, you'll wind up with a really nice piece of yard art.
    .. Hence my trip with a VAG COM. easy way to find a major trans problem.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

While that will find a major one that has happened it won't find a small one or one that is about to happen. Mine was slipping (A clutch) and didn't throw a single code until it got really ugly. Just hate for a guy to think he is getting smoking deal on a car and think he doesn't have to put a dime into it for a year only to find out the (fill in the blank here) is bad and it is $5000 from the Audi or indy shop to fix and he doesn't have it. I'm slowly learning that this is a supercar for a reason, and unless you can fix it yourself and it isn't your daily driver it is going to be expensive. Depreciation on these cars is about $500/month from new till now. From there on, plan on spending that in maintenance.

Was on my way to look at it yesterday, sales lady said it was sold before I could get there. Not sure to whom.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

I hope the depreciation stops and perhaps rebounds. Look at the prices for 1988 model year BMW M3-M5-M6. Crazy.

But I'd say, if I were looking at that car, that you get what you pay for.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Alright who bought it!?

Thankfully not me, my wife has made that abundantly clear. Hey bendjeff, if you want one a little more sorted out and closer to you check this out.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3012907423.html

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Thankfully not me, my wife has made that abundantly clear. Hey bendjeff, if you want one a little more sorted out and closer to you check this out.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3012907423.html
    LOL, this is my car. I have already talked with bendjeff and he doesn't like the color. It is listed for sale here also. $21,500 but I keep the Valentine :-) J/K well, maybe not.

haha, he has been trying to smooth talk me into his black beast... black in the high desert = constantly dirty car
    SOLD - 2002 Audi S6 - RS6 front, H&R's, 18" OEM RS6

Give me a black car that's dirty 'cause you can drive it "like a car" vs. the right color that never gets dirty because it spends it's life in the shop any day of the week! Living with the wrong color (except green) is easier than living with a car you can't drive.

Even though the RS is black, its more of a dark grey when its sitting next to my "Brilliant Black" S4.
    The Pearl in it lightens it up quite a bit. IMO its closer to Daytona Grey than B-Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Alright who bought it!?
    I did!

So, I figured if I was going to own an RS6 I'd better do my homework. While I was here reading through some of the threads I found this one. I'm stoked to be a member now and ready for the financial punishment I'm about to receive!

Like a couple of you, I had a hard time finding out information on this car and it scared me immensely. It was clear the Lexus dealer wanted no part of it either. I did speak to a very nice guy at, I believe it was Keys Audi; he verified the timing belt was done at 75K and the DRC recall had also been done. For reasons I couldn't quite comprehend, he couldn't put together a printout of all of the service work they performed. I live in Missouri so buying it sight unseen without much history was incredibly stupid...but I did it anyway. Actually, I believe I've located the previous owner and am in process of trying to contact him. I hope he will speak with me as he has been the owner since almost day one according to the title. The Carfax was indeed messed up.

The exterior of the car is in incredible shape. There are no scratches or dings anywhere. The wheels have no curb rash and the tires have decent tread left. The brake pads have some good life left as well. It's much better than I expected.

The interior had a few issues, most notably all of the metallic trim on the doors and dash is cracked. I assume that's from the hot California sun because the tint on the rear glass was shot as well and the dash was warped in the center at the defrost vent. I've been able to remove the tint and glue the dash back down with some epoxy but the trim will cost me $600-$800 I see. Other than that though the interior is in great shape. The seats have been re-dyed and look almost new.

Anyway, I'll be opening her up in a few weeks to do the timing belt and all of the other goodies I can find along the way as I go. Overall though, I'm very happy with it so far.

Congrats!

BTW, you are responsible for me driving to Santa Monica, only to get a call that the car has been sold. So then I decided to visit a nearby friend, which turned into a few drinks. Then a few turned into eleventeen, and I dont remember how the night ended.. except that I tore the shirt off of a girl on the dance floor (by her request...) and the rest of what I remember was pretty amazing.. so thanks!!

Nice. You are certainly welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Then a few turned into eleventeen, and I dont remember how the night ended.. except that I tore the shirt off of a girl on the dance floor (by her request...) and the rest of what I remember was pretty amazing.. so thanks!!
    This is better than any RS thread. I need to move to Cali....

Quote Originally Posted by bendjeff View Post
    ok, but the 105K includes a timing belt service, right? since the last one was done at 70-75K? I am asking Keyes Audi if they can forward records. I would like to know if anyone knows what the dealer would charge for the 105K service as a bargaining tool (including the timing belt)

thanks for the help. the sticky only goes up to 95K miles
    I just did timing belt at 115k .. my logic was: 35k, 75k .. meant next was 115k. Your situation may be different; at what mileage was timing belt last done? $3400 is similar to what my dealer charged (see my post of yesterday for details of parts).
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa