Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well unfortunately, I may have to sell the RS6...

Well unfortunately, I may have to sell the RS6...

Well, I am sad to say I have to make a tough decision on what car I ultimately keep (the RS6 or the S4). With a new baby now, I realized I have to free up some time and funds so one of my 3 cars must go. I am having a hard time deciding on which to keep, so I am posting both cars for sale and see what happens.

2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl/Black/Black with SE Exhaust from factory
    119,000 miles 2nd owner
    Service is up to date. The timing belt is not due for 20,000 more miles. (receipts provided)
    Just passed emissions (DEQ) last week! First owner had the vehicle Certified Pre-Owed for 100,000 mile Audi Warranty and during that time it has had the following repairs done:
    Transmission replacement
    Both turbo's replaced
    Radiator replaced
    Alternator replaced
    Power steering pump replaced
    (4) new Pirelli Pzero Rosso tires (7/32nds remaining)
    Suspension replaced under recall (all new struts)
    There's more but these are the big items
    NO oil leaks etc :-)

...within the last 2-years all of the above was done totaling about $15,000 in parts ALONE.
    I just had the car detailed and serviced at Audi including new factory Audi specific RS6 oil, filter, wiper blades and new factory Audi battery. Also, I just hard-wired the newest version of the Valentine One Radar with Savvy OBD2 that I would include with the sale (at the right price).

For more details text me at 5O3-73O-O975. I will try and get pictures up today or tommorow, or I can text/email you some.
    Based on my findings with other RS6's out there and with all the work that has been done at Audi and work that I have done over the last couple of months, I would like to see $22K.

The car doesn't need anything (which is why I bought it), just drive/enjoy it !!!

Adam

Here are a few pics I just took. Also, I forgot to mention that all 4 front upper links were replaced as well as the "common" engine oil leaks. I have receipts for engine removal and reseal from Audi.

No interest out there?

Can you send me an email... mitchellearly at gmail dot com Interested

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Can you send me an email... mitchellearly at gmail dot com Interested
    Email sent

someone likes black cars the B5 looks so clean
    SOLD - 2002 Audi S6 - RS6 front, H&R's, 18" OEM RS6

Quote Originally Posted by bendjeff View Post
    someone likes black cars the B5 looks so clean
    Yeah. The B5 has 177K and my Ridgeline has 144K. But you would never guess it because I always keep all my cars clean and black shows everything so I wash them constantly! I definitely like black the best when its clean!

FYI: I have Carfax information to anyone who needs it. Also, want to add that I will include the new (2 weeks old) Valentine Radar with Savvy with my asking price (this also applies to my B5 S4 I have advertised). This is not a used unit from eBay; I purchaced it for $460 from Valentine's website and have NOT registered it for warranty as of yet. You will get the reciept/boxes/everything. I see *most* eBay Valentines are a year or so old needing at least a software update etc.
    Here's a pic :-)

Perhaps keep the RS6...bigger, safer, faster and baby will sleep better in it with the low rumble of the V8.

Congrats on the troop that hit the fertility beach first !!
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Perhaps keep the RS6...bigger, safer, faster and baby will sleep better in it with the low rumble of the V8.

Congrats on the troop that hit the fertility beach first !!
    Thank you!

I agree the RS is bigger/safer/faster but I really need to downsize and I been having more interest in this car over my S4 due to the higher mileage of 177K even though it drives like 77K.
    I'm not getting near the interest I thought I would on either car however, which is surprising since most other RS6's out there have 100K that need 5 grand worth of work and are priced above mine.

After a few days sitting, then driving it today, I have started to notice the right front shock starting to knock over larger bumps.
    I plan to replace the shock with new OEM (although the recall was done about 20k ago), or will knock the price down for those who plan to convert to a coil-over system anyway.
    If I did nothing, I think droping the price to $19,950 is a steal of a deal. That gives anyone 2 grand to work with for new suspension.

mine started doing the same thing, but only when it's been parked for 1-2 days, it knocks a few times after i start driving it again and then it disappears and everything is back to normal, i guess yours has the same thing, could be the begining of the end , mines have been replaced by Audi less then 10k ago...

mine is also the right front, do you think is the shock-absorber? let me know how you sort it out! Thx!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Also, I would be willing to do some part trading to bring the cost down for B5 S4 hi perf parts. I need a JHM shifter for late model 01 and planned to do the Frankenturbo swap. Possibly upgrading the brakes also. Just message me what you have.

$19950?

I often wonder what a high milage RS6 could fetch!

From the look of the photos, it's in excellent condition, and would be a far better car than a new Civic.....LOL.....

good luck with finding that right buyer..

Mike

I feel for under 20, I'm giving it away. New tranny, new turbo's and engine resealed. Why would 119k scare anyone--the big ticket items are done.

I think it's a steal of a price, you just need to find the right buyer, can take time...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Wish I would have bought yours instead of mine. Great deal for someone that wants to drive one instead of work on one. How old are the brakes?

Brakes have 6-7mm remaining. Depending on how you drive it, thats 1 day to a year left lol.