Thread: Rs6

Rs6

Yeah I know first post.........

I'm trying to get a 2003 rs6 fixed for my cousin who is in Afganistan. Dealership wants 29 grand in repairs. Main problem is the transmission is stuck in fourth. Water pump, cv boots, power steering and about every gasket is leaking plus it's never had a timing belt. Is it worth fixing? I think it's carmax time. I can't find a shop around Sacramento that wants to work on it other than the dealership. I have replaced transmissions on regular 2wd trucks, but I can't even find parts for this car.

Sounds like a PITA to fix, not to mention a neverending money pit, ditch it man...keep on looking or buy something else that has a better maintance record.

Saludos!

Stuck in fourth due to the trans in fail safe mode. May or may not be a lot of $$. Mine was broken solenoid wiring ($0). What are the codes for the trans? CV boots are cheap and easy. Timing belt a PITA but shouldn't be that bad ($1200??) Water pump at the same time so only a few additional parts.

Find a good Indy mechanic.....or......PM me with what you want for it.

Not sure what the codes are but they said its the death sentence code. It was shifting really bad before it stuck. It would slam into a lower gear when you slowed down. My cousin drove it from Arizona to Sacramento 3.5 quarts low in the tranny. I drove it once to the dealership and it made a grinding noise and stuck in fourth. Every check engine light is on for multiple reasons. If we can fix it all for 10 grand he would do it. He asked me to see if I could sell it. Audi did put in a new fuel tank and pump, but that's the only thing that works.

The $29000 quote is just saying "I don't want to work on your car"

Should easily be able to do that for 10k. Even if you have to put it on a hauler and send it to San Fran or LA. Or better yet, ask Tozo. I bet you could ship it to Chicago (about $975) ship it back, have him work his magic and have a sorted out RS.

As it stands, CrapMax won't give you a dime for it. It's worth more in parts. How many miles?

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    The $29000 quote is just saying "I don't want to work on your car"

Should easily be able to do that for 10k. Even if you have to put it on a hauler and send it to San Fran or LA. Or better yet, ask Tozo. I bet you could ship it to Chicago (about $975) ship it back, have him work his magic and have a sorted out RS.

As it stands, CrapMax won't give you a dime for it. It's worth more in parts. How many miles?
    That's great. Is tozo on here? I will scan this paperwork when I get back in town, send it over and see if it's worth fixing. It has 130 thousand on it. It is a nice car, hate to just part it out. On the other hand I don't want my cousin to spend every dime he makes in the Army on this car.

Speak to Tozo, it will be a shame for your cousin not to be able to enjoy the car. I'd be scared driving it on the original timing belt, in fact, my car was on its original belt when I bought it and I was crapping it, it only had 36k miles on it but was well overdue in terms of age.
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM
    Past: V8 RS 6 plus, Sprint Blue, 126 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Amar View Post
    Speak to Tozo, it will be a shame for your cousin not to be able to enjoy the car.
    +1 Best idea

+1 on speaking to Tozo = $3000 for trans rebuild = this is the deal of the century!!!

Timing belt at indy shop (034 in SFO area specifically) will do it for $2000 (PureMS in San Diego will do it for $1300) make sure both roller, grenade, belt, t-stat, water pump
    New Axles are $100/each - cheaper to replace the entire axle - Raxles.com
    New plugs $80
    New Coilpacks $20/each gonna need 8

Sounds like a warranty would have covered ALOT of this (meaning trans/tq/gaskets/possibly CV boots)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

If you wanted to ship it to the east coast we would be glad to work on it. PM if your interested and I will get a quote together.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin9212 View Post
    If you wanted to ship it to the east coast we would be glad to work on it. PM if your interested and I will get a quote together.
    This place is awsome. I have been looking for help for 3 months. I gave my cousin the link and will let ya know when I know. I'm fishing a bass tournament right now out of town, and have sketchy Internet. I don't know if I can pull the tranny myself to ship. From I have heard the engine and transmission come out together then separated. Once it's out all the other crap should be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    This place is awsome. I have been looking for help for 3 months. I gave my cousin the link and will let ya know when I know. I'm fishing a bass tournament right now out of town, and have sketchy Internet. I don't know if I can pull the tranny myself to ship. From I have heard the engine and transmission come out together then separated. Once it's out all the other crap should be easy.
    Ship the whole car, it's not as much as you think to do. I bet the whole job would be under $7K, and shipping is likely about $900 each way for the whole car. Would he consider a 6-Speed swap? Also something that can be done.

If you got to ship it, call Scott at 1-2 go 2 Transportation. Shipped a dozen or so cars all over the US with them and they have been awesome.

for what its worth, I just shipped an rs6 from chicago to LA for 825 all in. It is definitely worth the transit cost to get this thing to a shop that knows what they're doing.

If you're interested in an independent shop in California, I can vouch for the honesty of a shop here in LA. I have sent nearly a dozen friends/co-workers, to great reviews. The owner is an Audi Certified Master Mechanic (along with Porsche and, I believe, VW) and was dealer trained on the RS6 back before he opened his own shop. I can make sure that you get pictures and a full breakdown of what's going on if you send it this way.

I'm new here, and to the RS6 platform, but I'd be happy to help out with getting this thing back in working order if I can lend a hand.

-bill