Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbon Lip Spoiler Group Buy....Really!

No way to make them out of plain old ABS plastic?

Would be alot cheaper to make , more flexible and less of a worry driving around.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

here are some pics on ye old/sold beast with Stephen's Lip....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rspic2..JPG 
Views:	251 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	12580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rspc4..JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	12581  
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Folks,

I have three commits. Only need two more, for those on the fence, all I can say is that this is the time to be bold! Would love to see us get to 6 or 7. For those that have committed, I will email you details on how and when to pay...

Thanks everyone.

Stephen

Trying to send you a private message and your mailbox is full, won't accept it. Seriously interested but need details re: payment (Paypal?) and a few more details on the installation would be helpful. Thanks!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    No way to make them out of plain old ABS plastic?

Would be alot cheaper to make , more flexible and less of a worry driving around.
    dont stress about driving it around mate, my car is low..it has been on there for 4 years....sure it has some marks underneath it (you have to be careful on driveways etc) but day to day..i have been airborn at 115 mph landed .kinda ok (no damage to splitter, no cracks, nothing). regulary over 150 mph copped one small chip in the front bottom of it.in the past 4 years..to be honest plastic will look real pox if you dont colour match it to your car, as imo its too tall (at the sides) to be just plastic...i am painting mine next week and leaving just a hint of carbon, as i have had it for a long time and are looking for a new look...so if you like carbon and the look the splitter for the $ you'd be mad to not get one, if your just worried about normal driving...i assume you currently dont run into things?? you'll be fine mate...

actually taking some stone chips out the body work now..see picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	paint frt rhs..jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	12585
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Some folks have asked about installation, durability, payment terms etc...and I cleaned out some space in my pm box.

Here are some answers

1) installation is super easy. Can be done with one person. I recommend that you put film over the paint on the lower bumper. This will protect the paint finish from the spoiler itself. The spoiler attaches to the lower bumper lip and then wraps around the front. The fit and finish of the product are excellent. It is nothing but autoclaved carbon cloth and resin. They do a nice job with the weave, and there have not been any voids from what I have seen.

2) The lowest front section is a little exposed to curbs and the like, and will not clear a parking curb... To bolster this from being damaged or split, I used some two part foam to fill the back side. Then I filmed the entire spoile to protect against scratches and rub marks.

3) as far as payment, my preference would be to have folks send checks, I can take paypal as well, but don't want to eat the fee.

4) there is no upwards limit, we can get more than 5, but they will only make as many as I order.

5) my plan is to hold this open until Monday, then communicate on Momday night, Tuesday morning Japan time. So let's say, 5 pm eastern monday for commit.

Thanks everyone, I am really excited about these.

Stephen

Folks,

I have 4 confirmed...I need at least one more to make this group buy go...if you are on the fence, just know that you will never see this price again. When Ben and Steven enquired last year the price was 2400.00.

My goal is to get these ordered tomorrow night, Tuesday morning Japan time with monies collected before week end.

Somone on the fence? Let me know what your questions are...I'll get right back to you.

Stephen

Check your messages and get ready to send that order in...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

We have five.... Yeah! It is not too late to get in on it. I will not order them until about 9 pm eastern, if you decide you want in, let me know before 9 pm eastern via pm...I cleared out some space.

Thanks for the folks that supported...

Stephen

I am in. PM sent

damn it.... damn it.... damn it....

I have a timing belt to pay for in like 300 miles...
    I just can't right now...

(full on whining...)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Am I too late to get in on this deal?
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners

Quote Originally Posted by 1uglymug View Post
    I will ask the folks in Japan very nicely...I likely wont hear back until Monday. These are amazing little pieces.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by 1uglymug View Post
    Please PM me, I can get one more made at this price...they had luckily ran one more..

Warm regards,

Stephen

Stephen I sent you a PM if it's not too late

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    damn it.... damn it.... damn it....

I have a timing belt to pay for in like 300 miles...
    I just can't right now...

(full on whining...)
    Ben, I so feel your pain. Still recovering from my 75k/TC. Wheels/Tires are just killing me.

nothing else

you are best!

Anxiously awaiting...

any update?
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners