Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Where do I buy Phaeton backing plates and ducts?

Lol. 123
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

If any one receives a duplicate set due to the shipping woes, please PM me.

Tim
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    I just got an email from Martin. He is on holiday for another week or so. FYI.
    Huh... A holiday from what???

Sorry, I'll be less of an dick when my money is refunded for backing plates not received after 5 months----and no communication.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

I emailed Martin a couple of weeks ago with a pasted copy of my Paypal receipt.

No response.....
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

I finally had some time this weekend and got around to installing the ducts along with new rotors, HPS pads, ECS lines, super blue fluid, and buffed and waxed the front calipers.

Pretty disappointed in the fitment of the backing plates. A lot of meat was unnecessarily cut off to clearance the uprights, which are now no where near the backing plates! At least they can serve as an inspection window for pad/rotor wear! Looking back on it, I wish I just requested the plates left stock and I would have taken the time necessary to make the cutouts pristine and look respectable.

While Grizz probably lost out on the all the rework that was required due to loss packages, I can't help but wonder why he rushed through these replacement sets? Also, I am surprised my replacement set even made it to me, and see how the first set was lost. The packaging looked like it had been to hell and back - rips and tears all over. These parts, due to their sharps, should have been placed in a tyvek bag, not a non-reinforced paper product.
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Update: Martin @ Unit 20 refunded my payment....

After waiting 5 months for non delivery of Phaeton backing plates, and recieving minimal updates/communication, I requested a full refund.... Martin @ Unit 20 responded to my inquiry within 24hrs and refunded the full payment. Sorry this did not work out. Sometimes shit just happens.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Well guys. This group buy is a near complete failure(a few DID get the kits). I once was very proud of the teamwork getting a large number of buyers, including me. I never received anything either.

As the organizer for this group buy, I apologize for the headache it's caused.

I asked for my money back today and it was refunded. On one hand I feel bad for Martin that he (apparently) had sent out these kits. Even replacement kits. However, with the lack of communication and follow through, I can't feel all that bad.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Don't feel bad for a second. I also have am email out to cancel
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    As the organizer for this group buy, I apologize for the headache it's caused.
    We all understand your disappointment, but don't even go there, Kyle!... This was not your debauchery . Thanks for initiating the group buy! You were simply extending the idea/offer to other enthusiast's on this board and the vendor as a win/win... I certainly hope this does not discourage other's from initiating future group buys and etc.

Kyle, no worries at all. your effort paid off for more than 1 person so it was partial success, not a partial failure. Unfortunately, I follow up that sentence with... i emailed Martin and asked for a refund. my package never showed up.

Guys , This has been a compleat disaster for me ..

I've sent every one a kit and resent other kits to cover the missing ones.

I've sent a refund to every one who has asked.

I sent lots of parts to the usa most are large so shipping costs are high so are tracked , I've never had one go missing with this service.

All i can say is sorry..
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    Guys , This has been a compleat disaster for me ..

I've sent every one a kit and resent other kits to cover the missing ones.

I've sent a refund to every one who has asked.

I sent lots of parts to the usa most are large so shipping costs are high so are tracked , I've never had one go missing with this service.

All i can say is sorry..
    I can say that you are an honest stand up guy; if the first shipped kit ever shows up, I will post about it immediately, and reship at my expense to wherever it needs to go. I appreciate the labor you put into this!

Meanwhile, I've yet to install my kit...
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Anyone else not yet received refund from Grizz? He emailed me that he sent refund a few weeks back but I have nothing in my paypal account from him.

I didn't initially but after an email including my Paypal Id he was fast to refund.
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/17...l=1#post156433

Here is the link above for this duct installed on my beloved beast, miss it (
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

I wonder if the packaging was the issue; mine was ripped and nearly falling out, but miraculously everything was still in there. With some packages, it's conceivable that the plates tore out of the envelope and then the post office would have been stuck with empty envelopes, with the parts scattered who knows where?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    Anyone else not yet received refund from Grizz? He emailed me that he sent refund a few weeks back but I have nothing in my paypal account from him.
    I got the same email that he refunded - but nothing has shown up on my Paypal account either.

I have been involved in so many group buys for Audi stuff over the years.......and this is the only time I have ever been burned.

This is why Ebay now forces tracking on all auctions. Otherwise there is no accountability. "I sent it...I promise", or, "I never received it.....I promise", and the whole thing turns into a game of he said she said.

I am still out $212.

Fuh.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

I ended up getting the refund finally. He had mispelled my email address when he sent the refund. We figured it out together. I would email him and verify your paypal email address with him again. He is always quick to reply and help so I dont think your missing refund is an intentional thing on his end.