Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RNS-E from Zawa: who else purchased and has installed successfully?

My Coding: 0509673 It has been a while since I looked at it but after install bring up the Nav or Radio coding with Vagcom and I think it has a pop-up coding helper. Also you will need to change the code I believe for the Instrument cluster. I'm not posting mine as mine will be different as my Instrument cluster is also coded for the 6spd manual so I get 'depress clutch to start' message and such.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    My Coding: 0509673 It has been a while since I looked at it but after install bring up the Nav or Radio coding with Vagcom and I think it has a pop-up coding helper. Also you will need to change the code I believe for the Instrument cluster. I'm not posting mine as mine will be different as my Instrument cluster is also coded for the 6spd manual so I get 'depress clutch to start' message and such.
    Thank you! Yes I think it also depends heavily on what peripherals you have (like AMI, BT phone, CD changer, etc.), so hopefully it all goes in smoothly based on what I told Zawa I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    I got my original wiring harness from Zawa. My installation: RNS-E Install
    I have your guide all printed out and have read it multiple times... first issue seems to be the wiring harness -- Zawa sent me one with four connectors (pictured)... the car only has three behind the Symphony II. Any suggestions? Do I need to get Zawa to send a different harness?

Update: Apparently “Connector II” (brown) is for non-Bose speaker systems. I’ve been told to simply leave it unconnected, which seems weird, but will give it a shot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60651909923__1C7C29C6-88E6-4575-82C6-9B8A5D2B83AF.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	19142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3027.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	19143  
    Last edited by AudiPilot; March 22nd, 2020 at 02:45. Reason: Research update

This appears to be a new harness that is being provided that is more general in nature. You don't have to connect the extra one. If you noticed the original harness that I purchased only had 3 connectors. You should have enough room behind the radio to stash it. I would recommend at least using some felt around the extra unplugged connector as well as a zip tie to keep it all tidy. This way when you go over bumps and such you won't hear anything loose back there, which will drive you crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    This appears to be a new harness that is being provided that is more general in nature. You don't have to connect the extra one. If you noticed the original harness that I purchased only had 3 connectors. You should have enough room behind the radio to stash it. I would recommend at least using some felt around the extra unplugged connector as well as a zip tie to keep it all tidy. This way when you go over bumps and such you won't hear anything loose back there, which will drive you crazy.
    Thanks for the reassurance, I’ll give it a shot, and will definitely wrap the unused connector as you described. I was expecting three connectors! When you wrapped your wiring with zip ties, did you just use a thin packing wrap (like 1/8” thick)? I removed and replaced everything from the cup holder up top down to the ash tray in that area, so I’ve definitely seen there’s plenty of room (as your instructions indicated, too). I have the instrument cluster out for a center LCD replacement, so as soon as it’s back I’ll get the head unit installed.

The zip ties I used were thin. The thickness is less important. You just want to make sure nothing is dangling and could shake/rattle during normal driving.
    Before you start bolting everything back, make sure to turn it on once all plugged in. Use a pillow to sort of hold the new system over the shifting lever for example.