Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
I have one of the older ones in my 2001 allroad functioning 100%. Bought the new setup from Adam and having trouble getting it to work. I know physicall installation (GPS antenna, harness, etc) is correct as I have done this several times. I tested Adams unit in my allroad using the existing allroad harness and it functions there fine.

Problem is when installed in RS6 the maps dont move at all. My RS6 has factory nav and factory satellite radio. Anyone else beside Tom Sawyer have tihs exact setup? Success?

Thanks.

Eric
I have the RNS-E unit formerly owned by Tom Sawyer (not yet installed due to the wee bit of chaos with the oil cooler/coolant tube and f@#$ed radiator, oh and moving 1300 miles and new job and leaving family behind).

Doesn't it take up to 6+ hours to let the GPS "settle"???
Also, don't you have to VAGCOM it to remove the factory $hitbird Nav and replace it with the coding for the RNS-E???

I am hoping at a guy named Mark that lives in Roy, Washington can assist in the installation of my unit...

Also have you checked out nene's site? www.htms.org for install issues/guidance???