Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
However, there are some modifications required for the RS6 for both the RNS-E and BT harnesses if you had original nav and OnStar. I have pics of the harness pinouts and what to pull for the mic if anyone needs it.
BLUF:
1) Is there specific VCDS re-coding required to "code out" the factory radio nav after RNS-E installation?
2) Do I need a different wiring bundle than the one I'm expecting to come from zawa with the RNS-E? (Like the Kufatec conversion bundle, link below)

I'm about to install one of zawa's units in my RS6 to replace the Symphony II (he's been awesome to work with, just as everyone says). My car has the original "radio" nav (MFD text), and I'm wondering if there's specific VCDS re-coding that needs to be done to "code out" the original nav, understanding that the coding for the unit itself is handled by zawa. I ask because Kufatec sells a wire bundle that's a "complete set for conversion from a radio navigation unit to an original DVD navigation unit RNS-E" (link below). So I'm also wondering if the zawa-included wiring bundle is adequate, or whether I need to get a "conversion" wiring bundle.

I have original OnStar as well, but not planning to wire to it unless there's a relatively straightforward way to re-purpose the integrated microphone with a FISCON BT phone setup (instead of using their aftermarket microphone that clips to the headliner).

After searching, I haven't seen anyone mention Kufatec's RNS-E accessory solutions, but I'm also planning on their "AUX, A2DP Bluetooth Plug and Play Music Receiver for Audi RNS Media" (link below), which should give not only BT audio (with proper song title info displayed) as well as an AUX-in option as an alternative. Seems like a very easy implementation and avoids trying to fit a (massive) OE AMI unit in/around/behind and then finding a BT solution to add on to it.

Kufatec radio nav to RNS-E conversion bundle: https://www.kufatec.com/en/car-hifi/...te-set-34521-1
Kufatec BT RNS-E "AMI alternative": https://www.kufatec.com/en/car-hifi/...ns-media-41563