Thread: RNS-E from Zawa: who else purchased and has installed successfully?

Hybrid View

not that I am the expert, that would be Mark.

1. If you have the factory nav, you could/can use the sharkfin sat connection from the ONSTAR. It is under the passenger foot well, yes you have to remove the glovebox to access it. YES, it is a mother to pull the carpet back. There are three bolts holding the ONSTAR module to the firewall.
    2. If you don't have the factory nav, just use the supplied magnetic GPS antenna and attach to a location under the dash.
    3. The keys that are supplied are marginal, I just happened to purchase a set with the Phatnoise that I was planning on installing but got the RNS-E instead. ECS tuning is where I got the second set.
    4. Cover the gear shift with a towel or something.
    5. Once everything is connected and powered on, it took about 30 minutes to align to where I was located. Initially, I had 2-3 satelites, it needs 3 to triangulate. I typically receive 7-8 on any given day.

If I had to do it over:
    1. I would have purchase the BT module AND the harness with the BT module wired in.
    2. Tap into the speed sensor from the instrument cluster. There are times in city traffic/streets where the refresh is not quick enough or the signal does not refresh fast enough to recognize a change in direction. What I mean by this is if you do a three point, the GPS thinks you are still pointed in the original direction, versus refreshing to point in the direction the car is facing (n,s,e,w).
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I have complete OEM BT modules and RNS-E dedicated SAT modules...just say a word :-)

as above