Thread: APR ECU/TCU tune (and MTM TCU) question....

APR ECU/TCU tune (and MTM TCU) question....

So, the APR ECU tune also includes new TCU programming-----From APR's Website:

"The APR RS6 ECU Upgrade also includes new programming for the transmission computer in the car, raising the shift points by 200rpm."

I assume by the sentiment on the baord, the preference is the MTM TCU upgrade... Can someone explain the additional differences/attributes (beyond the raised 200rpm shift points) of the MTM vs. APR TCU upgrade?

Thanks!
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

I had the apr tcu chip. While an improvement over stock, the MTM chip I currently use was an improvement over apr. Not only are the shift points raised like apr, the shifts seem crisper than the mtm chip.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I had the apr tcu chip. While an improvement over stock, the MTM chip I currently use was an improvement over apr. Not only are the shift points raised like apr, the shifts seem crisper than the mtm chip.
    Does the APR ECU and MTM TCU play well together?... Any additional tweek'ing to sort out after switching to the MTM TCU ?...

Thanks, Kyle!
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l