Thread: Euro Switch?

Euro Switch?

Is there a euro switch option for the RS6? Had trouble finding anything online.

Not sure what you mean by Euro switch? The instrument display is in Kilometers in Europe and the Climate control can easily be switched to read Centigrade.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

What do you mean by euro switch???

????

Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

With clear corners the RS6 still runs with the orange bulbs on. I know VW has a euro switch option where the wiring bypasses it so that ambers are not always on. I just cleared my corners and I wanted the ambers to be off when in drive and only turn on when using blinkers.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...tch/ES2535660/

Huh? My RS6 runs without the ambers on. I think I am misunderstanding you
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

You need to get some stealth bulbs. They only turn orange when turning. Look them up. Out turn signal bulbs are 3x57, any number in the x spot will work.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I have stealth bulbs. Maybe I'm being an ultra newbie right now but my ambers stay on all the time when I turn my headlights on. Dimly but still on. Is my light wired different than stock?

Quote Originally Posted by repda503 View Post
    I have stealth bulbs. Maybe I'm being an ultra newbie right now but my ambers stay on all the time when I turn my headlights on. Dimly but still on. Is my light wired different than stock?
    The stealths are silver when not on, isn't it the law to have ambers showing when your lights are on? Or just when blinking is what you want eh? Get some LED switcher bulbs, but they look like corncobs...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    The stealths are silver when not on, isn't it the law to have ambers showing when your lights are on? Or just when blinking is what you want eh? Get some LED switcher bulbs, but they look like corncobs...
    No, because most cars are either amber, orange or red...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Ben,

The US housings use the blinkers as dual filament bulbs, where they blink to turn, and they are used as running lights. When I did the clear corners on my US housings, I also changed the bulbs to "stealth" bulbs, where they were coated with silver, but the color was still amber when blinking, or just one normally.

The Euro housings however, the blinker bulb is used only for that, as it is a single filament bulb. There is a smaller lightbulb in the center of the housing used for running lights.
    I left the blinker amber as I did not get the proper stealth bulbs in time for the install. Will add those later.

Best place to get Euro parts: Europrice
    Highly recommend these guys. Great service and delivery. I dealt with Alexander.

Banned
    I know VW has a euro switch option where the wiring bypasses it so that ambers are not always on.

Yeah that's what I was talking about originally. Is there such an option for Audi?

Side Markers I believe are the Law in the US. So I don't see how there could be an Option to disable them, which is basically what you are talking about. There are 2 wires which go to the Duel filament Bulb, one for the Turn signal and one for the Side Marker. Disconnect the Side Marker wires and Walla No more Ambers while driving. If its monitored it might display a Bulb Error. Frankly I wouldn't mess with it, but that's up to you.....................................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.