Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scheduled an APR tune....

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    Cooool! Thanks! At $53 for the pair, sorta a no brainer for a 10 year old car with 50k miles... AND they are blue!
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Randy, I know I've asked before, but what DV's do you have?
    I have the Hyperboost DV's from Stratmosphere.
    210K miles rolled

If you don't have an MTM TCU chip yet, I would consider putting that at the top of your list. WAY more important than the ECU tune.
    2013 Audi S8

I have the apr tcu, tiptronic chips and dv and am enjoying them all

Well, it didn't happen this morning!.... Now I remember why I've done all my own maintenance and repair for the last 34 years. WTF?

In preperation for the tune, I installed new MAF seals and new oem plugs regapped to 0.027". Called at 12 noon yesterday to confirm the appt. "Yep, we're all set... Se you at 9:30am." Checked my work voice messeges this morning and find out the shop just realized that it is NOT a reflash----ECU and TCU need to be sent to APR for a solder-in. "Sale ends Monday, but we can work with you. Car wull be laid up until at least Thursday." I was given the impression they've completed several installs on the RS6. Find out this morning that is not the case...

So, my question is:

What in the Holy Hell value does a shop add in this particular transaction?????? My cost is actually HIGHER by going thru a local shop than simply sending APR the ECU and TCU myself! No tax, or "shop fee." But certainly the shop is making coin on the price difference between wholesale and retail!

I have to assume, any technical issues that arise after the tune, I'll still be contacting APR regardless of how/where purchased.

Just venting! Thanks for listening....
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

If you can pull your own ecu and tcu boxes, then no need for the shop, agreed. All my current tuning support is direct through REVO, easy as that....

You will love having a tune, simply amazing! I just don't drive the hell out of my car all the time to try and save the trans, but give it a good flogging here and there
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I guess I don't like the idea of them soldering on a new chip when most other tunes (not including MTM) are flashable. Once you get their chip on board can you flash it to another tune or will you have to get a stock chip soldered on? The chance of having a bad connection increases too. On the other side of the coin, most APR users are fairly happy with their tunes.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Mark, what numbers are you running on your Revo tune? 93 octane or custom? Using the SPS select or have a shop do it? Thanks, Lou
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Once you get their chip on board can you flash it to another tune or will you have to get a stock chip soldered on?
    The APR ECU upgrade includes a total of 4 tunes: Stock, 91, 93 and 100 octane----and a TCU upgrade (which raises the shift points up about 200rpms.)

Quote Originally Posted by 4.2Crew View Post
    The APR ECU upgrade includes a total of 4 tunes: Stock, 91, 93 and 100 octane----and a TCU upgrade (which raises the shift points up about 200rpms.)
    This is why they have to solder the chip on.

Crew, i would say that Imola should be able to get you a similar price including labor costs. That or a very small premium over APR directly. As a dealer, they better be getting a good discount from APR to do this.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I run the SPS Select tune and I have never messed with their 3 presets, I have 3 custom tunes that I uploadeed to it that I run depending on conditions, Fuel, If I feel agressive.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA