Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know you love your RS6 when...

You know you love your RS6 when...

you're willing to push it out of the garage each morning before starting it so you don't wake your sleeping family.

Having owned my RS for only a few months I am loving it. My wife on the other hand isn't so impressed when I start it up in the garage at 6:15am in the morning and the walls shake. Unfortunately in the house we have the master bedroom and one of my kids bedrooms are beside the garage. When the big ole V8 starts to life in the am the 'beautiful music' of that engine often wakes them. As such I've now been slipping the car into neutral and slowly pushing it out the garage. Luckily for me once the car is 3/4 out the slope of the driveway does the rest. A pain to some but not for me as I then get to enjoy this car as I wind my way down some nice twisty roads to work.

I think I'm going to see if I can rig up some sort of ramps to drive up onto that will allow me to just roll out the garage in the am. Is there any downside to starting the car after is been sitting on an angle all night?

Things you do when you love your car!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Love it. I can relate.

Drive it in front first...
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

I start mine up in front of the house, usually at 6:30 or so. My husband swears it still wakes him up, even though the bedroom window is on the other side of the house! I don't think the neighbors like it much, either...
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

I am imagining a small version of those steam catapults they use on aircraft carriers...

Quote Originally Posted by kilian tuning View Post
    Drive it in front first...
    I do drive it in front first. Having the exhaust outside helps but the engine isn't exactly quiet.

I'll post pic's if I ever figure out a ramp system or an 'air craft catapult' ha ha.
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Tell them to not be lazy and get up with you
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Funny!

The family just needs to be sensitive to the man saddling his beast going forth, to fight the good fight- all in the name of providing for those that slumber...;0

I did that with our boat once. Well...it wasn't exactly on purpose- I was swinging the front around and the trailer caught the driveway slope. Yep- it started heading down towards the street. No way was I going to be able to stop it. I might have been able to shove it sideways into the grass (maybe, maybe not). But...as it started its' journey- my best wife had a block in her hands and managed to toss it directly in front of the back set of rolling trailer tires stopping it...Phew- that was a vedy good accurate toss. We just looked at each other with the ol- "Did that really just happen look??"- LOL
    210K miles rolled

My dog knows I'm coming home from like three blocks away... SE exhaust sounds like a hooptie with a 1000 watt subwoofer coming down the street.

If you ever have a chance to tail your car with someone else driving, it's fun to hear one of the best engine notes ever coming out of your tailpipes.

Finally got my car back today after another trans, complete new wiring harness, new EGT sensors, and new ECU.

$100 out of my pocket. God bless fidelity platinum.

My neighbor has told me he knows it's 5:20 and time to get up when he hears me fire up the Beast in the mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    My dog knows I'm coming home from like three blocks away... SE exhaust sounds like a hooptie with a 1000 watt subwoofer coming down the street.

If you ever have a chance to tail your car with someone else driving, it's fun to hear one of the best engine notes ever coming out of your tailpipes.

Finally got my car back today after another trans, complete new wiring harness, new EGT sensors, and new ECU.

$100 out of my pocket. God bless fidelity platinum.
    Big job! Incorrect gear ratio? What was the cause of the trans issue?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Wifey thought it was nice that you love your beast AND your wife. I'd back it in onto small ramps, parking brake set. Then neutral roll and go. Be careful you don't hook a door going in front first when you roll.

My RS6 is somewhat quiet...

My 1995 Ducati 916 with Tergmignoni Slip ons where not...
    I would start it on Sunday mornings @ 7AM to ride in the canyons and it had a great idle! Not booming or car alarm loud but enough where you could be heard well. Then there was the dry clutch that was open...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

.. when all your friends see how much you spend on it and work on it and tell you you're an idiot.. but wont sell it. <3 <3
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Big job! Incorrect gear ratio? What was the cause of the trans issue?
    Too much torque I presume. It just failed all at once after a hard launch.

Back to the stock tune for awhile... the ECU I bought from another member here was bad after I had it coded, so got a brand new one. Wiring harness had brittle, failing insulation causing irregular signals... Oh, and the EGTs were bad too.

Happy to have a new brain and nervous system in the old sled. After adaptation it's running better than it ever has.

How much is a harness? and dare I ask the labor to install?
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    .. when all your friends see how much you spend on it and work on it and tell you you're an idiot.. but wont sell it. <3 <3
    +100, indeed !
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Your daily cardio workout is done before you hit the street... Brilliant!