Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticky rubber has arrived & they're WIDE. :)

Sticky rubber has arrived & they're WIDE. :)

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/30-19

Can't wait to get them on!

Yahooooo!!! Feel da love...00
    210K miles rolled

Wise choice.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Yowza. What size Rim? Offset? Lowered suspension to boot?
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

19x9.5 VMR 701's et 45. KW V1 coils along with Hotchkis sway bars are being shipped today. Debating on doing the upper control arms while the suspension is being changed. I'm thinking of the Stern adjustable UCA's from PureMS. Thoughts anyone?

Et 45? You sure?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

In my experience, I'm thinking those are going to rub at that offset. You need an effective offset between 30 and 35.

I ran the same size Hankooks and had a 32 offset and had to run over 40 psi to keep them from rubbing.

They look good though.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I have 10" wide.. also 275s. I believe I have 35 offset with 5 mm spacer, so 30. aggressive, but she fits...
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Yea ET45 is really going to push those wheels inward. Gonna need a pretty wide spacer to keep them of the upper bearing support. And yes the Sterns Adjustable Arms is definitely the way to go If you want those Expensive Tires to last, If your lowering the car. All my previous Audi's suffered from Abnormal inner tire wear due to being lowered and not being able to achieve the correct Camber. I vowed not to let this happen with the RS. With the Sterns adjustable Arms the correct camber was dialed in perfectly with no issues. So I highly recommend them even though they are pretty Expensive. But they will save you money in the long run.......
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

I think the spacers are 28mm. Straight bolt on type. That was the size spacer recommended for a et45 offset.

Elevens, thanks for that info. I will definitely be getting the Stern UCA's. I do want these tires to last. I am lowering the car; thinking .25" in the front and maybe .75" in the rear. What's the popular ride height for those of you with coilovers & 19" wheels?
    Last edited by BuffaloRS6; April 5th, 2012 at 03:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Yea ET45 is really going to push those wheels inward. Gonna need a pretty wide spacer to keep them of the upper bearing support. And yes the Sterns Adjustable Arms is definitely the way to go If you want those Expensive Tires to last, If your lowering the car. All my previous Audi's suffered from Abnormal inner tire wear due to being lowered and not being able to achieve the correct Camber. I vowed not to let this happen with the RS. With the Sterns adjustable Arms the correct camber was dialed in perfectly with no issues. So I highly recommend them even though they are pretty Expensive. But they will save you money in the long run.......
    This is some of the best feedback ever IMO. I have over-treaded cars, and while it looked great, there were tracking issues, and worst of all, the 2 YEAR NEW TIRE BILL. Isn't it funny how budget is not a concern with a new S car? Big yes. Wide yes. Stiff yes. Low yes. Two years later, you are still mostly happy......but......did you take the car somewhere to use this - like a track? Kudos to those that do. With three daughters, two in college, kind of means that I won't be burning rotors/pads/tires in the past, now, or in the near future.

But I hope to get there though!

As Elevens says - you up the tractile capability of the car that significantly, there are reaction points that need to be upgraded as well.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Ok, how about a definitive thread on what size and offset 19" wheels work?

I am about to pull the trigger on some 19x9.5 et35 thinking they will fit. And what is the widest SANE tire that will fit on these wheels and keep stock diameter?

I have coilovers, lowered a bit.

Comments?

Buffalo RS6, are you located where your screen name would imply?

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Ok, how about a definitive thread on what size and offset 19" wheels work?

I am about to pull the trigger on some 19x9.5 et35 thinking they will fit. And what is the widest SANE tire that will fit on these wheels and keep stock diameter?

I have coilovers, lowered a bit.

Comments?
    I really don't think you can go any lower or wider than my current setup. Not without Clearance issues anyway. I am running 19X10 Rims ET35 with 275-30-19 Rubber at each corner. I could have gotten away with Wider Rubber at the rear but I didn't want to Stagger the Setup for Rotational purposes. The car sits pretty Low also, so low as not to be able to put a finger between the top of the tire and the fender just to give you an idea. But It does work.

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Vinnie, have you had your car to the track with those wheels? I'm running 8.5x19" BBS RS-GT wheels but am thinking about wider wheels, was thinking about 9.5".
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Justin9212 View Post
    Buffalo RS6, are you located where your screen name would imply?
    Probably. Buffalo, NY.

Where abouts? I'm in Tonawanda. I own a shop up here.

I live downtown. What's the name of your shop?