Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big changes in my family's life - but the RS6 is not leaving.

Does anyone know of a reputable car transport service?

I am relocating from San Diego, CA to Seattle, Washington.
    I really don't want to put the miles on the RS6 (1250 miles or so) and/or subject it to the rock chips/road kill/etc...

Driving it would be fun BUT it really comes down to wear/tear and the $$$$ in gas.

Thanks in advance!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Ben, try www.uship.com I had some good luck with them in the past on one car and another time on a Motorcycle. Kind of like Ebay but they bid on your shipment and they have feedback you can look at like on Ebay.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Ben, I can help you ship.. I buy cars across the country often.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

I have a car cover you can borrow if you would like to cover it up on the trip.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Good Luck and best wishes on your new life, Ben.

Thanks everyone!

I am excited at the new challenge!!!!
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Wow! Sorry to hear you are moving Ben, but a big congratulations on the new job!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Does anyone know of a reputable car transport service?

I am relocating from San Diego, CA to Seattle, Washington.
    I really don't want to put the miles on the RS6 (1250 miles or so) and/or subject it to the rock chips/road kill/etc...

Driving it would be fun BUT it really comes down to wear/tear and the $$$$ in gas.

Thanks in advance!
    BTW, it would only be @ $250 in gas. Straight through I've done that drive solo (Temecula to Bellingham) in 18 hours, 20 minutes. An adventure you'd be able to relive again and again.
    Ron Paul Fan

The PNW'ers are going to have to get together for an Audi Nite at Feierabend when you get here!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

congrats, and I hope your new job turns out to be awesome - it's always a great feeling when everything just falls into place. Almost feels like fate, and opportunity is always there if you look for it!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Firstly, congratulations on your new job and all the best with the move. I can't get over the fact driving down will only cost you $250!! I am driving from the UK to the Nurburgring and quattro GmbH next week, which is 1350 miles. My fuel costs wil
    be $900, that doesn't include the ring eitheir, and will possibly be a lot more. Fuel is dirt cheap in the USA. I was filling up my Mustang rental in LA just recently and thought there was something wrong with the pump when it clicked. Crazy.
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM
    Past: V8 RS 6 plus, Sprint Blue, 126 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    BTW, it would only be @ $250 in gas. Straight through I've done that drive solo (Temecula to Bellingham) in 18 hours, 20 minutes. An adventure you'd be able to relive again and again.
    Well, the fuel costs were $700+ in the Acura MDX in November 2011. That doesn't include food or lodging.

My record for driving from basically Coronado,CA to Seattle,WA was 17 1/2 hours (included gas stops, food, bathroom breaks) in an 86 Mustang GT 5 speed.

Ben,

This makes me so happy. I'm glad you aggressively followed-up, as I suggested. :-)

Have fun. As luck would have it, my mother is relocating to Southern California, and as such, will be spending more time down there. My husband's whole family is in the greater LA area as well - I'm finding myself making regular trips down there. I-5 is the most boring drive in the world - only way to make it fun is when you're doing 30 over the limit... but then that brings in all sorts of potential repercussions such as felony charges, impound of your vehicle, and jail time. Have to balance and weigh that against the fun factor. Then there's the minor issue of the fact that at those speeds, I'll only get about 16 mpg, if that, necessitating a fuel stop.

When does your job start?

Good idea relocating to the Pacific Northwest - as climate change gets moving ahead at full swing, you'll be much safer and more comfortable there - while LA burns. There's also a ton of latent civil unrest. Cut the power for 3 days in the San Fernando Valley and the place will burn to the ground... things will quickly spiral out of control.

Smile. Embrace your good fortune. Life is good.
    Daily Drivers: 2002 Mercedes E55 AMG, Brilliant Silver, Autoadapt Menox control, hard-wired Valentine 1 | Ki Tsunami Titanium w/ Spinergy SPOX, Jay J2 Seatback, Jay J3 cushion, 2.5 degree camber

Quote Originally Posted by PixieVC View Post
    Ben,

This makes me so happy. I'm glad you aggressively followed-up, as I suggested. :-)

Have fun. As luck would have it, my mother is relocating to Southern California, and as such, will be spending more time down there. My husband's whole family is in the greater LA area as well - I'm finding myself making regular trips down there. I-5 is the most boring drive in the world - only way to make it fun is when you're doing 30 over the limit... but then that brings in all sorts of potential repercussions such as felony charges, impound of your vehicle, and jail time. Have to balance and weigh that against the fun factor. Then there's the minor issue of the fact that at those speeds, I'll only get about 16 mpg, if that, necessitating a fuel stop.

When does your job start?

Good idea relocating to the Pacific Northwest - as climate change gets moving ahead at full swing, you'll be much safer and more comfortable there - while LA burns. There's also a ton of latent civil unrest. Cut the power for 3 days in the San Fernando Valley and the place will burn to the ground... things will quickly spiral out of control.

Smile. Embrace your good fortune. Life is good.
    A,

I was 100% on my aggressiveness on this one as the opportunity was perfect!
    The family is ecstatic on moving to the PNW and leaving So Cal as a vacation destination and visiting the wife's family.

I start on 23rd of April.

Life is good, except for the coolant leak this afternoon but I am unable to control that so I will just have to roll with it.

Well, the fuel costs were $700+ in the Acura MDX in November 2011. That doesn't include food or lodging.

My record for driving from basically Coronado,CA to Seattle,WA was 17 1/2 hours (included gas stops, food, bathroom breaks) in an 86 Mustang GT 5 speed.
    Bellingham is another hour north so yep, our times are spot on.

As long as you're not pushing hard, the Beast should return nearly 22mpg on that drive. 1300 miles is @60 gallons. At $4 it's $240 and at $5 it's 300. When I bonzai'd, there was no food and lodging costs. Heck, just the plane ticket would be close to that. Is the whole family driving up in the MDX or flying?

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Bellingham is another hour north so yep, our times are spot on.

As long as you're not pushing hard, the Beast should return nearly 22mpg on that drive. 1300 miles is @60 gallons. At $4 it's $240 and at $5 it's 300. When I bonzai'd, there was no food and lodging costs. Heck, just the plane ticket would be close to that. Is the whole family driving up in the MDX or flying?

Ben
    MDX is gone.... CR-V is in it's place...
    RS6 is in the shop @ Hoehn with a oil cooler tube crack and a hole in the radiator...

there was a A8L W12 there - it looked great and very clean!

RS6 is in the shop @ Hoehn with a oil cooler tube crack and a hole in the radiator...

there was a A8L W12 there - it looked great and very clean!
    Well, before you leave, we need to meet up for a beer!
    Ron Paul Fan

We've been thinking the same thing, reasons? Gas? Upkeep?Here's to the repairs going smooth...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com