Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conversion ratio for engine load% > MAF/HP?

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    It's all about requested vs actual. If actual is a certain level above requested, limp mode. If your tuner can set the requested higher and your hitting those numbers, the ecu doesn't have a problem. According to it, the engine is doing what it is suppose to. Last time I saw your logs, before you turned it down, your actual was well above requested.
    So it would lead to a leak somewhere it seems? Or an issue with the turbo(s) not being able to product the boost? Not sure what else would cause the lack of actual....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    So it would lead to a leak somewhere it seems? Or an issue with the turbo(s) not being able to product the boost? Not sure what else would cause the lack of actual....
    Re-read. Actual was above.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

So does that point to a waste gate issue, too much pressure building, or....?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'm not sure why I was able to achieve AND exceed target boost as I have stock wastegates which I believe are only like 3-4lbs springs. So If you hit target boost and don't exceed, no limp.....what if you don't hit target?
    2013 Audi S8

Isn't it the n75 that regulates boost pressure, bad n75?

Must be a gap of so many mBar that will trip the limp mode...

I could dig back for a log of yours, but post a fresh one if interested...

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I'm not sure why I was able to achieve AND exceed target boost as I have stock wastegates which I believe are only like 3-4lbs springs. So If you hit target boost and don't exceed, no limp.....what if you don't hit target?
    No CEL for lower actual. Problem with that is, after an extended period of the turbos trying to compensate for not hitting the numbers can likely stress them more than they should be.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Isn't it the n75 that regulates boost pressure, bad n75?

Must be a gap of so many mBar that will trip the limp mode...

I could dig back for a log of yours, but post a fresh one if interested...
    Yes, n75 helps regulated pressure. Usually you will see higher actual's if it's the wrong n75. There have been others with different engines that say they make a positive difference, and some negative. Usually very mixed opinions.

When mike and I spoke about it a while back, he had a new, stock, n75. So I'm not sure why his actual's were so high.

Brav, how's the tune been sorting? That's a lot of boost you've been running, and i see a few negative timing numbers. I was in that ballpark, but smoothed it out this week by finding the right balance between boost and timing. All other parameters were looking pretty good, and a reduction of boost, along with an increase in timing, brought me from some negative timing numbers to the lowest being 6.
    I want to pull back boost, just need to borrow the SPS tool again. Too much boost will just heat up the engine. Always better to lower boost and run more timing.. happier engine. I just bought a 79 Trans Am, so I have several projects going.. but will get some new logs soon.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    I want to pull back boost, just need to borrow the SPS tool again. Too much boost will just heat up the engine. Always better to lower boost and run more timing.. happier engine. I just bought a 79 Trans Am, so I have several projects going.. but will get some new logs soon.
    Agreed, that's what has made things smooth for me, as much if not more power, people love the idea of "I run more boost than you bro"....

Now my EGT's still seem debatable, I've heard to high (875), but then I've read that extended highway runs in boost (100+mph) at 900 or above is really where damage could occur...