Thread: Best tires for the beast not seeing snow?

Best tires for the beast not seeing snow?

I need some new treads, and was wondering what experience others had. I just got the car about 1000 miles ago with pretty much used up Michelin Pilots.

michelin pilot supersports...nuff said. i and a few others on here have had the opportunity to test them for michelin. and they have no equal...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

The new Michelin Pilot Super Sports are excellent. Whatever you choose, make sure you get the XL rated tires for the extra weight of these beasts.

Continental Extreme Contact DW. Have had the Pilot Super Sports on several times, but they wear very quickly and are pricey. The Extreme Contact DW lasts MUCH longer and still has decent grip. Comes XL rated.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    Continental Extreme Contact DW. Have had the Pilot Super Sports on several times, but they wear very quickly and are pricey. The Extreme Contact DW lasts MUCH longer and still has decent grip. Comes XL rated.
    I think you may be mixing up the pilot sports and supersports. The pilot sports are definitely pricey. And wear quickly. The supersports are new and wear much better. They are grippy as hell too! And they are the first uhp tire I have ever seen to have a tread warranty!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

and 30k miles versus the old PS2's at 10k miles
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    and 30k miles versus the old PS2's at 10k miles
    You get my text?

Just now...@ pss9
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I think you may be mixing up the pilot sports and supersports. The pilot sports are definitely pricey. And wear quickly. The supersports are new and wear much better. They are grippy as hell too! And they are the first uhp tire I have ever seen to have a tread warranty!
    My bad, you are correct, I was thinking of the Pilot Sport PS2s. That said, for 19" wheels, the Continental DW goes for $234/tire with wear rating of 340 vs. $291/tire and wear rating 300 at TireRack. I don't recall if the supersports were available when I put the DWs on, good to know about the new Michelins though.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Personally I would never put a Michelin or Goodyears on ANY of my vehicles. They are over priced, wear quickly and unevenly, and noisey.

And yes I have driven almost all tires that are out there. Working at a VW/Audi dealer setting, about every tire has come on, been put, or showed up on one of the cars.

Personally if car was not going to see Snow, but is going to see wet I would only run the Conti DW tire, best wearing, quiet, and cost effective tire out there IMO. If the car was only seeing dry weather with random rain, and can handle track events is the Falken Azenis, best tire for a summer tire on one of our cars.

And of course, all this is individuals opinions, which we all know what opinions are like

Conti DW with a hole in the side wall... at the comparison test with the Super Sports...

Those falkens look interesting. Too bad they don't come in 19's. I think super sports will be next for me. Seems like a good tire for the road that you can bring to a track event here and there.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Kyle, RS6 username "born2be" had the Falkens in 19" and the belt inside let go and he limped home... not sure if it was a fluke or S.O.P.

I have the Continental Extreme Contact DWs and have been pleased with them. I've driven in some pretty horrendous rain (it's Seattle after all) and the car handles very well.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Kyle, RS6 username "born2be" had the Falkens in 19" and the belt inside let go and he limped home... not sure if it was a fluke or S.O.P.
    Doesnt really say too much. I had two PS2's come apart on my 19" BBS's on the RS6 after some 'spirited' driving on a mountain road. Tread was peeling away from beads on both rear tires. Only reason I bought the tires, was a SMOKING deal thru work on overstock. And still kick myself for buying them, because how many hoops Michelin made me jump thru to get new tires, and they were only 1 month old

Michelin's PSS... hands down. google reviews, if you don't believe my personal opinions.