Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS6 Logo-ed Mats

I'm in for a group buy.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

dittos^^^^
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    Any word on this?
    She's checking with a friend who works at the factory in Ingolstadt. Hopefully some info next week.

I'm in...
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

count me in too!
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Count me in

I'm in for a set.

Just wanted to give a quick update, though there isn't much to add right now. A request was put in for pricing on 10 sets of mats, which would most likely have to come from the Quattro GmbH division, since they were the ones who built the RS cars. Due to the age of the car and the original mats being discontinued, we're probably looking at near $400 per set.

I had some down time yesterday and visited an Audi dealer near Portland, OR to see if there were any mats of any kind in this country, thinking that I could maybe get a set of 4.2 mats to use as a test bed and have a local custom interior guy make some sets. The parts guys there could only locate one single set of ebony fronts at a warehouse in NJ for $240, and two sets of rears in another NJ warehouse at $99 each. That's it. There are a couple colors still available to order from Audi, but ebony is down to 1.5 sets for the whole country.

I'll wait for an answer from Germany to see how much and if even possible. Maybe the next route is just to buy a few sets of the grommets and have some custom made here. I do like the thought of them actually coming from Audi and being custom made for us, but those ebay mats were only around $100, I would think we could get some made here for around that if we do a bulk order.

^^^ Thanks for the update^^^

Still want!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

So did you buy them? Sometimes I hate Audi. Our cars are some of the best the marque has ever built, but after nine years, the bean counters have driven them to oblivion.

If I had a 1962 190 SL Mercedes, or a 1971 3.0 Csi BMW, and, say, an exhaust manifold cracked, I could get it from the dealer. It is called pride in the product, and despite having alot to be proud of, Audi chooses not to do so. Even for the best cars they build.

BS.

Edit for I am in for a set of these - we will probably have to go with Lloyds, hire an upholsterer to add the logo, and then mail them to a few different addresses overseas and back to lose the scent from Audi's trademark hounds.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

I bought new mats from Audi a couple of years back. They are the best fit. I brought them to the embroidery shop at the mall and would have had them embroidered with the logo I cut and pasted from the web. However, the kid was worried his boss would come and bust him for copying a copyrighted logo. And he was also worried about the strength of the needle. Lloyds isn't licensed for the Audi logos. Best to go loose and local or overseas for the embroidery work.

I'm in for a group purchase.

Well, I got the bad news from Germany today. Quattro GmbH does offer mats for our cars, they would be all black with the RS6 logo only on the front mats, and cost $521 (391 euro) plus shipping - the original guesstimate I was given was not so good. Also, they do not offer volume discounts, same price no matter how many sets are ordered.

Here is an example in white, but again, ours would be made in black.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4957145..jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	12476

I'm thinking that I'll buy the set of plain mats that I found for the 4.2 A6 and see what a local custom shop can do about embroidery and making a few sets. I'm in BFE right now without a dealership in sight, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get them ordered. As much as I wanted a set from Germany, spending less than half to get something similar just makes more sense.

Hope is not lost everyone, today my German colleague sent me good news that a set of mats had arrived at her house and will be shipped soon. It was another auction early in May, but not as low priced as the original post in this thread. Hopefully I'll have them next week, then I'll test fit and take them to a local interior shop and see what kind of price to replicate them in large quantity. Here are a couple of quick snaps she sent me, I'll post in-car pics when they arrive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2..jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	12626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1..jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	12627

Quick update...

The mats were shipped today and will arrive in 12-14 days. And here is a helpful tip. Explore as many shipping options as you can if sending something across the pond. DHL is bringing them for around $45. UPS wanted nearly $350! It isn't exactly a small package, but, damn!

I would love a set of these for my girl :-) keep us posted