Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Completed: DIY DRC removal/swap with Koni Yellow Sports....

so the spring perches have a couple levels of adjustment? Anyone try these at full sport setting - would they then be stiffer than the DRC?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    so the spring perches have a couple levels of adjustment? Anyone try these at full sport setting - would they then be stiffer than the DRC?
    The Koni rears have 3 different perch heights and the fronts have only one height.... However, you could machine additional grooves on both the fronts or rears.

I think if the rebound settings were adjusted at full firm, it would be firmer than the DRC set-up.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

thanks for your patience with my questions, I think I'll be taking this route eventually!

thanks for your patience with my questions, I think I'll be taking this route eventually!
    No problem!... Ask away! I have benifited from the member's of this forum far more than I could possibly contribute! ....Like a drug addiction: Gotta check-in to get a daily fix and learn something new about our iconic vehicle and to share with other owner's the sick love/hate relationship we have with it!
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

I ordered a set of Konis from Tire Rack...$550!

I like the adjustable perches. I should be able to dial in a good ride height for my H&R lowering springs. I hope these, when set at stiffer settings, it can be firmer than the stock DRC.

as expected, my DRC has failed again, less than 10 months since it was replaced, it can be done again on warranty but i've rather move on from the oil demon...so, how is the Koni set up so far? still happy with it? any issues you've noticed or anything that really bothers you? This is would be the way for me too if your opinion is positive!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    ...so, how is the Koni set up so far? still happy with it? any issues you've noticed or anything that really bothers you? This is would be the way for me too if your opinion is positive!
    I like the set-up for several reasons... Adjustability, robust, maint free, ride quality, cost etc. Don't know your situation or driving style/habits. But I would do it again in a heart-beat...

so you have no regrets for not choosing PSS9 or KW? the car is a daily drive for me and i do not intend to track it, maybe i'll do it a couple of times just to see how it is, but other than that nothing more, and yes, i want it comfortable for my daily use! So, looks like this is the way for me too...how many miles now have you done since you've got this set up?

No regrets. I've never tried the PSS9's or KW's so cannot compare or comment. Have about 6k miles on the set-up.

4.2, I've got about 1,500 miles on mine so far, doing pretty good. I've been feeling a bit more bounce now that they are softening up a bit, minor, but I'm also running on the full soft setting. Maybe next time I have the car apart I'll go one step further for a tighter return, seems like the spring is getting away from the strut just a bit. If I had extra cash I would be tempted for something with more adjustments, but this is a really solid setup for the price, thanks again for getting me to put these on!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I ordered a set of Konis from Tire Rack...$550!

I like the adjustable perches. I should be able to dial in a good ride height for my H&R lowering springs. I hope these, when set at stiffer settings, it can be firmer than the stock DRC.
    All,

Great thread & write-up - I am sold on this upgrade!

Problem: I just checked tirerack and can't find the Koni option for our cars - just KW1's & 3's... Did you plug-in RS6, part # or some other Audi model (S6) to get this option?

Thanks
    MG

Quote Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
    All,
    Problem: I just checked tirerack and can't find the Koni option for our cars - just KW1's & 3's... Did you plug-in RS6, part # or some other Audi model (S6) to get this option?
    Thanks
    MG

Koni part #'s
    Front: 82-2516sport
    Rear: 82-2526sport

I listed the part #'s in the 4th post of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by 4.2Crew View Post
    Koni part #'s
    Front: 82-2516sport
    Rear: 82-2526sport

I listed the part #'s in the 4th post of this thread...
    Thanks - I got that far

Checked with Tirerack and they don't carry them anymore.

Searching net for best price now, so any help would be appreciated!

-MG

Checked with Tirerack and they don't carry them anymore.

-MG

I just went to TireRack's website and found them in stock????...

Go to: TireRack.com > Suspension > Audi > 2003 > A6 4.2

Look down the results page for Koni Sport...

Fronts (82-2516sport) are in stock @ $181 ea
    Rears (82-2526sport) less than 3 available @ $166 ea

Send email
    Find email

Weird - When you plug in RS6 these items don't come up. Also, I gave the sales rep the part numbers and he couldnt find them.

Anyways, I just ordered them for $710.75 shipped along with new snows.

Thanks,
    M

Weird - When you plug in RS6 these items don't come up. Also, I gave the sales rep the part numbers and he couldnt find them.

Anyways, I just ordered them for $710.75 shipped along with new snows.

Thanks,
    M
    Mudguts, did you install your Konis yet?

I installed them over the weekend with stock springs and sways (a very time-consuming job). I've not driven the car much, just a couple of trips to town but so far so good. At slower speeds the ride seems very similar to the DRC but no clunking or whatever sound that thing makes which drove me absolutely crazy. I'll be on the interstate Thursday and am excited to see how she handles at higher speeds.

Kudos to 4.2Crew for all of his information, that was a HUGE help. The older I get the more I have come to appreciate a bit smoother ride so I'm afraid coil overs would have been too stiff for me. I almost bought the Koni FSD's but decided against it. I agree with 4.2 that they may not hold up over time and I don't want to do this again if I don't have to!

Glad to hear it all worked out for you... This is a big job! Not necessarily difficult, but time consuming. It's the perfect set-up for my daily driving style----hopefully, your's as well!

4.2Crew - since you took out the struts and you know how it looks, could you please tell me if for changing the front upper strut mounts i need to compress the spring?