Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
Super huge thanks to hahnmgh63 & Muggy for the generous assistance and insight!!!

My mechanic has asked me to check here to ask about a few things he wants to know...he has the rear koni's set to the 2nd lower setting and is happy with that however with respect to the front he suggested he is not 100% happy with the springs as he is a perfectionist and suggested I grab springs from a C5 4.2 or S6 does this sound like a good direction to head in seeing as the Koni's were designed for A6 platform and we are using them for off label purposes in the RS6 suspension?

Also was asked which sway bar links are best to pair with the Hotchkiss setup?

Thank you everyone!
You started the thread with this........

Koni part #'s
Front: 82-2516sport
Rear: 82-2526sport
and H&R lowering springs

and then said this....

Also planning to use the factory springs as I don't want to use the H&R kit because I don't want to lower the stance of the car too much, any risk with going with the the OEM factory springs matched up to Koni's once everything is apart? Does a new regular version of the springs exist that does not lower but provides new OEM or OEM like springs to match to the Koni's?

so I haven't quite got my head around which springs are on the car.

Personally I would ask for a specific reason why the mechanic wants to use other than genuine RS6 springs. I would guess that there is some difference between C5 4.2 springs and RS springs and I can't see the difference being in your favour.